Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

30 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Once you accept that Freddie is gone the Q&AL show is a shit load of fun. They have the ultimate Saturday night party set list, as I said before I’m not sure there’s a band dead or alive who could boast this many tunes that get a festival crowd going in one set:

Bohemian Rhapsody, Don’t Stop Me Now, Another One Bites the Dust, I Want To Break Free, Killer Queen, We Will Rock You, We Are The Champions, Bicycle Races, Fat Bottom Girls, Flash,  Somebody To Love, Radio Gaga, Undet Pressure, Crazy Little Thing Called Love...

Queen were amazing at IOW a few years ago, bought their full touring stage set up with them and were immense. Unfortunately people cant seem to get past Freddie not being there and just enjoy them for what they are.

7 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Pixies playing Ireland in mid-July.

think they were rumoured to be announced for Mad Cool today too.

Would they do Glastonbury again though? You'd love to see it, but they'd be asking for quite a high up slot and the festival may not see the point in giving them prime real estate again when it wouldn't be much different from 2014. Hopefully though.

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

Would they do Glastonbury again though? You'd love to see it, but they'd be asking for quite a high up slot and the festival may not see the point in giving them prime real estate again when it wouldn't be much different from 2014. Hopefully though.

I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to see them headlining JP. 

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

Reckon they would headline Other if they did play? Pretty funny they played under Jake Bugg last time. Think if Coldplay did end up playing and they were up against them there could be no qualms with bringing em back. 

2 minutes ago, Festiboi69 said:

Reckon they would headline Other if they did play? Pretty funny they played under Jake Bugg last time. Think if Coldplay did end up playing and they were up against them there could be no qualms with bringing em back. 

Can't see them headlining the Other tbh. Don't think they're quite at that level. I think they'd be looking at headlining JPT, subbing Other, 3/4th down Pyramid.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Can't see them headlining the Other tbh. Don't think they're quite at that level. I think they'd be looking at headlining JPT, subbing Other, 3/4th down Pyramid.

Yeah was just thinking they're defo not smaller than when they subbed Other last time but also don't really think their new stuff has given them a wider audience either. Just seems weird to release a new album then do the same slot, so yeah maybe JP is a gud shout.

Just now, jparx said:

Good stuff so far for MC.

Alt-J and Pixies could be in the frame for Glastonbury. Not really up to speed on 21 Pilots - could they headline the Other or would it be headline or bust for them?

Pretty sure they co-headlined Reading/Leeds last year.

They're one of those who's billing outside of Glastonbury would be higher than at Glastonbury so I can't seeing them fitting in. 

Just now, jparx said:

Alt-J and Pixies could be in the frame for Glastonbury. Not really up to speed on 21 Pilots - could they headline the Other or would it be headline or bust for them?

They co-headlined Leeds/Reading with Post Malone last year. Definitely not Glasto headline material. Other Headliner would probably hit better with the Glasto crowd than, say, subbing the Pyramid.

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Edit - sorry @jparx, quoted wrong reply! 

1 minute ago, H.M.V said:

Would love Pixies to make up for choosing to see Jack White instead. 

Yeah, agreed. That Jack White set is one of the most disappointing I've seen on the farm.

Edited by zeppelin

2 minutes ago, Divein said:

Pretty sure they co-headlined Reading/Leeds last year.

They're one of those who's billing outside of Glastonbury would be higher than at Glastonbury so I can't seeing them fitting in. 

Yeah that seems right tbh. One of those "too big and too small" acts.