Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They called him The Quiet One for a reason 

He may well have written You're My Best Friend, Another One Bites The Dust, I Want To Break Free, Who Needs You and Spread Your Wings but he should have been sacked on the spot when he brought Back Chat to the studio.

Just now, Gnomicide said:

He may well have written You're My Best Friend, Another One Bites The Dust, I Want To Break Free, Who Needs You and Spread Your Wings but he should have been sacked on the spot when he brought Back Chat to the studio.

Hot Space is a curate's egg. The Trans of Emotional Rescues.

But that said I've recently been fucking with Cool Cat's yacht rock vibes.

Brian can rock a fucking Nile.

8 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I think I've only listened to the album all the way through twice. I saw them on that tour (Queen want you in 82!) and there's the Milton Keynes album, despite what Freddie says they seemed almost apologetic about it.

I hated it when it came out, mainly because it wasn’t what I wanted Queen to be, but think it had more invention than the couple of albums that followed. And those songs were much better live.

Edited by henry bear

3 minutes ago, henry bear said:

I hated it when it came out, mainly because it wasn’t what I wanted Queen to be, but think it had more invention than the couple of albums that followed. And those songs were much better live.

Maybe I should give it another go, you're right that they were better live.

Some bands can go on with changing their front man but Freddie was Queen, without him they are just the remaining members of Queen with Adam Lambert. 

ACDC is a strange situation though. ACDC obviously don't care about a front man, as soon as Johnson was unable to tour they drafted in another 

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It still beats no Queen at all.

Trust me.

For the amount of money they ask for though? 

To be fair i'd probably love it but i'd be thinking the whole time it would have been better with Freddie and cursing my luck I never got to see him perform.

Not interested in Queen without Freddie. Same as The Stones without Jagger. Inconceivable. Maybe I’m not inclined as I saw Queen a few times in the 70s, but I’m struggling to think of bands that are halfway as good after their main frontman left (ac/dc for sure, Pink Floyd after Syd if he was a real frontman? Genesis without Gabriel just about)

10 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

For the amount of money they ask for though? 

To be fair i'd probably love it but i'd be thinking the whole time it would have been better with Freddie and cursing my luck I never got to see him perform.

Once you accept that Freddie is gone the Q&AL show is a shit load of fun. They have the ultimate Saturday night party set list, as I said before I’m not sure there’s a band dead or alive who could boast this many tunes that get a festival crowd going in one set:

Bohemian Rhapsody, Don’t Stop Me Now, Another One Bites the Dust, I Want To Break Free, Killer Queen, We Will Rock You, We Are The Champions, Bicycle Races, Fat Bottom Girls, Flash,  Somebody To Love, Radio Gaga, Undet Pressure, Crazy Little Thing Called Love...

Edited by Hugh Jass

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Bohemian Rhapsody, Don’t Stop Me Now, Another One Bites the Dust, I Want To Break Free, Killer Queen, We Will Rock You, We Are The Champions, Bicycle Races, Fat Bottom Girls, Flash,  Somebody To Love, Radio Gaga, Under Pressure, Crazy Little Thing Called Love...

What do they do about the Bowie vocals in the live show?

What separates Queens current setup with other acts who changed vocalists is that Adam Lambert has had no part in writing any of the tunes they’re playing. Sure, he does them justice, but without having any actual musical input, it’s nothing more than a very good karaoke/tribute act to me. I’m glad they’ll never play - it just wouldn’t feel right to me (although as has been proven time and time again, many feel different about the situation, and it’d go down very well regardless). 

10 minutes ago, Quark said:

What do they do about the Bowie vocals in the live show?

Don't know if it's still the same but Freddie just sang most of it along with Roger Taylor.

Edited by Gnomicide
Remembered it wrong.

17 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Santana tour dates

Miraculous 2020 World Tour Europe Dates:
3/14/20 - Bologna, Italy - Unipol Arena
3/15/20 - Zürich, Switzerland - Hallenstadion Zürich
3/17/20 - Kraków, Poland - TAURON Arena Kraków
3/19/20 - Budapest, Hungary - Budapest Arena
3/20/20 - Vienna, Austria - Wiener Stadthalle
3/22/20 - Munich, Germany - Olympiahalle
3/23/20 - Cologne, Germany - Lanxess Arena