Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

He wrote a lot of their setlist staples, including We Will Rock You. A tribute band, by definition, doesn't play originals.

Yes I’ve seen the awful film too. The tribute act jibe is of course, slightly tongue in cheek, but the fact remains, ‘Queen’ is now a hideous cash cow and should have no place headlining Glastonbury. IMO.

Edited by ClementsMike

3 minutes ago, ClementsMike said:

Yes I’ve seen the awful film too. The tribute act jibe is of course, slightly tongue in cheek, but the fact remains, ‘Queen’ is now a hideous cash cow and should have no place headlining Glastonbury. IMO.

Why is it that somebody playing songs they wrote in the band they formed should not be allowed to continue to do so when other members die or leave? Maybe if it was a Bobby Blotzer situation where the band splits acrimoniously, but that's obviously not the case.

I don't fuck with Queen but Brian May and Roger Taylor have the right to continue to play the band's songs and if the fans didn't agree then they probably wouldn't be. Besides, they even go by the name 'Queen & Adam Lambert' to appease the "it's not Freddie!" crowd but still they get shit. What's that about?

25 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I don't fuck with Queen but Brian May and Roger Taylor have the right to continue to play the band's songs and if the fans didn't agree then they probably wouldn't be. Besides, they even go by the name 'Queen & Adam Lambert' to appease the "it's not Freddie!" crowd but still they get shit. What's that about?

I disagree with the notion of them headlining the pyramid because it’s pure member berries. I could probably take them in a lower slot but I believe a pyramid headliner is more than just a singalong 

I have no qualms with Queen and Adam Lambert existing as a tour act for those who member Queeeeen. But when I go to Glastonbury I want to see headliners who are still the real deal and active in the music sphere. They aren’t a heritage act because it’s not actually Queen, it’s “member queen”.

I also think once your front man is dead the band is kinda done.

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I disagree with the notion of them headlining the pyramid because it’s pure member berries. I could probably take them in a lower slot but I believe a pyramid headliner is more than just a singalong 

I have no qualms with Queen and Adam Lambert existing as a tour act for those who member Queeeeen. But when I go to Glastonbury I want to see headliners who are still the real deal and active in the music sphere. They aren’t a heritage act because it’s not actually Queen, it’s “member queen”.

What the hell does that even mean? 

37 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Why is it that somebody playing songs they wrote in the band they formed should not be allowed to continue to do so when other members die or leave? Maybe if it was a Bobby Blotzer situation where the band splits acrimoniously, but that's obviously not the case.

Every case is different but I say that Queen were 80% Freddy. Once he’s gone it’s tribute cabaret after that. 
I’m happy for them to do what they want, and good luck to them but keep it the fuck away from headlining the pyramid stage. 
I saw Adam Lambert on the telly doing a solo track at the weekend where he seemed to be attempting a Prince homage. Not for me, ta.