Ticket Sale Date

Mr. Snrub

Can some please give me some advice please?

We missed out on tickets this year for the first time since 2004, so i thinking of making a separate registration to use for coach tickets as it will give me an extra chance in the sale, maybe using a different address, say my parents house.  My preference would be to go as normal in our car with normal tickets, so if I am extremely lucky and get two sets of tickets, we would not pay them up in April.  Can anyone see a problem with this, apart from not giving someone else the opportunity to buy them in October? (which i feel bad about)  So desperate this year after missing out!!

Thanks

4 minutes ago, mrtuzz7 said:

We missed out on tickets this year for the first time since 2004, so i thinking of making a separate registration to use for coach tickets as it will give me an extra chance in the sale, maybe using a different address, say my parents house.  My preference would be to go as normal in our car with normal tickets, so if I am extremely lucky and get two sets of tickets, we would not pay them up in April.  Can anyone see a problem with this, apart from not giving someone else the opportunity to buy them in October? (which i feel bad about)  So desperate this year after missing out!!

Thanks

It's pretty unethical and usually frowned on among these parts. If you get lucky twice you'll essentially be scuppering someone else's chance until the resale, which is pretty selfish. I think Glastonbury themselves had some pretty stern words about duplicates in the past and threatened to cancel the bookings, although it would be very hard to police.

Don't do it. I've missed out in the main sale twice and it sucked but that's how it goes. Either be willing to go by coach (really not that bad) or just try on Sunday. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, mrtuzz7 said:

Thanks

my only comment is that karma might make you miss out both times if you do this :) take the chance on just the one and it might favour you 

8 minutes ago, mrtuzz7 said:

Thanks

It’s a dick move. Don’t do it.

Did anyone else get Supergrass tickets on Wednesday? The sale was via See and they had their own subdomain (supergrass.seetickets.com) much like how they handle the Glastonbury sale, but they actually implemented a ticket holding system, where they were reserved for 5 minutes while you typed your details in.

Is this something new See have developed, or do they always use this for popular sales? If its new, do you think it will be used for the Glastonbury sales, to maybe reduce the amount of backlash from people who miss out after filling their details in?

4 minutes ago, ceetee said:

Did anyone else get Supergrass tickets on Wednesday? The sale was via See and they had their own subdomain (supergrass.seetickets.com) much like how they handle the Glastonbury sale, but they actually implemented a ticket holding system, where they were reserved for 5 minutes while you typed your details in.

Is this something new See have developed, or do they always use this for popular sales? If its new, do you think it will be used for the Glastonbury sales, to maybe reduce the amount of backlash from people who miss out after filling their details in?

Dunno if the five minute thing would work with that many people hammering the server at the same time.

18 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Dunno if the five minute thing would work with that many people hammering the server at the same time.

The site is maintaining a session for each user, allocating a number of tickets to that session shouldn't make any difference? The only issue would be a session disconnected from a user - but the tickets would be released after 5 minutes of inactivity anyway.

Edited by ceetee

2 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

Ticket Sale Dates Announced

Thu 3rd Oct - Coach Tickets
Sun 6th Oct - General Admission

Tickets are £265 per person + £5 booking fee + Postage
(Tickets are £17 more expensive)

Full Info: https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/

My heart just actually skipped a beat 

Just now, blutarsky said:

Oh god, I've had an absolute 'kin 'mare and organised a party at my house for October 5th. :suicide:

Make getting up early and helping you with F5'ing a requirement for entry.  Bribery with bacon sandwiches,  Ready-made army of bots at your fungertips.

• Like 1