Changes since the 2017 festival....

HansGruber

Not with the festival itself but in your own life. Any major/minor changes happen for you in the 2 years since Glastonbury was last on?

Nothing too exciting for myself I went from having a job I dreaded going back to at the end of the 2017 festival to one that was much better for my sanity and I've also went from pretty decent vision to requiring glasses (can't wait to try and not lose these over the course of 5 days!)

How about yourselves?

I got married 2 weeks after the festival in 2017. It'll be nice not having things to worry about this year, apart from the 3 sets i'm playing with my friends' band that I had a month to learn the double bass for - but they'll be done by friday evening.

Edited by Johnnyseven

The last I went to in 2014 the wife was 7 months pregnant with our first child (probably pushing it but only 45 minutes drive away if problems arose)

This is my first trip back, as a father of 2 now. One things for sure, I’ll handle the lack of sleep far better than previously.. 

I last went in 2013, I'm now mother of two boys and life feels like a million miles from where I was in 2013.  It's going to be crazy to go back (on my own!) for my 15th festival.. I'm probably the only person going to a festival for a good night's sleep ? but also to get back to my happy place and recharge myself.  I'm also going to miss my boys so damn much.. I've not been away from them for even a night in almost 5 years.. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Pipine said:

I last went in 2013, I'm now mother of two boys and life feels like a million miles from where I was in 2013.  It's going to be crazy to go back (on my own!) for my 15th festival.. I'm probably the only person going to a festival for a good night's sleep ? but also to get back to my happy place and recharge myself.  I'm also going to miss my boys so damn much.. I've not been away from them for even a night in almost 5 years.. 

This will be my 3rd time since my daughter was born and I miss her more than anything when I go but.... 5 nights unbroken sleep and getting up when I want is a real treat.

• Upvote 1

Last one was 2016, gave tickets back in 2017 but been through a lot since 2017, as some who have followed me on Twitter will know but had promotion at work and mentally in a better place than 2017, this year will personally be a big challenge with crowds but feeling confident

After having such a great time at Glastonbury 2017 just after my 30th birthday, I went back to work and had the mother of all comedowns. I decided to stop drinking for a bit and try and change a few things in my life. First of all I did a 3 week europe trip in my car that I'd wanted to do for about 10 years but was never sober enough to do previously! Whilst sober I decided I really wanted a career so quit my job of over 10 years and am a year into a 3 year engineering course and had to move to another county to pursue this so ended up buying my first house. Now until I qualify, I can't really afford much let alone the extravagance of glastonbury but when my friend rang me up on resale day saying he was through to the ticket page I couldn't resist. Going to be a different experience doing glastonbury without being in an altered state of mind but I'm really looking forwards to it!

Edited by GT3
  • Upvote 5

2017 was strange one for me - had been in Oz for 3 weeks previously as my oldest sister was in final stages of cancer. I came back on the Monday and went to Glastonbury on Thursday, a wedding in Spain on the Monday and my sister died the following week ?. Had a difficult year as my best friend also diagnosed with cancer, but decided to make the most of life and have made new friends in the last year and feeling more positive for the future.  

Got super ill at 2017 fest, lost a couple of stone (the upside)

Started an MA alongside work

Broke foot

Changed job

Got into a relationship

Changed job again

Had surgery for broken foot, put back on a stone :( (the downside)

1 year anniversary of relationship - think he's glad I'll be at Glasto for 4 out of 5 anniversaries heh

Not too much then.

Since 2017, we've bought our first house, gotten married during the fallow year following our engagement up the Ribbon Tower in 2016 and I've finally come to terms with the fact I was going bald and have shaved the whole lot off! Just nearly finished packing and the excitement is getting real now for Weds. 

My drink problem is coming on well since the last one

11 minutes ago, mflord33 said:

Since 2017, we've bought our first house, gotten married during the fallow year following our engagement up the Ribbon Tower in 2016 and I've finally come to terms with the fact I was going bald and have shaved the whole lot off! Just nearly finished packing and the excitement is getting real now for Weds. 

Embrace the baldness

PLENTY+TIME+MULLET+OVER+police+suspect+h

18 months ago I spent 6 nights in hospital on IV antibiotics which totally stripped my guts...... Leaving me 100% gluten and dairy and high FODmap food intolerant. 

Add this to voluntary avoiding booze and meat...... Hit me up with the rice and salad!!!