Glastonbury 50 - book

brettredmayne

Just now, kalifire said:

Ordered. This will sting if I'm unlucky in October.

Oh man - its way too early to get the T-Day screaming heebie geebies! - But I have them now! :D 

19 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Just seen that on my email.

I wonder how many pre orders they'll accept?

There's plenty of books where we've in the thousands for pre-order, obviously not all pre-orders are for signed editions. I was just looking at a report on this at the weekend so will see if I can track it down and see what's the highest number for signed editions.

For reference all our copies of the new paperback of Michael Caine's autobiography are signed and I work in a fairly small branch so there must be about 2000 of them signed company wide and that's something we aren't particularly promoting at all, I suspect they'll take as many pre-orders as they can and leave the publishers with the job of presenting Michael and Emily with whatever mountain of books that ends up being.

51 minutes ago, mcshed said:

There's plenty of books where we've in the thousands for pre-order, obviously not all pre-orders are for signed editions. I was just looking at a report on this at the weekend so will see if I can track it down and see what's the highest number for signed editions.

For reference all our copies of the new paperback of Michael Caine's autobiography are signed and I work in a fairly small branch so there must be about 2000 of them signed company wide and that's something we aren't particularly promoting at all, I suspect they'll take as many pre-orders as they can and leave the publishers with the job of presenting Michael and Emily with whatever mountain of books that ends up being.

i just hope the signatures are in the book itself...rather than on a sticky label plonked onto the frontispiece which seems to be more and more these days.

I'm looking forward to this.

As well as the glossy pics and commentary from the Eavii, I hope there's a decent appendix - I'd love an index of every band that played and when, and on which stage. Also would like to see a few maps showing how the site has evolved over the years.