Slam Dunk Festival 2020

Dukey

6 minutes ago, lexiins said:

does that mean that we will need to buy another ticket? or people that already has the tickets will be able to attend both days?

I’d say that there will be a weekend ticket option, which will be cheaper than doing each day (together) and anyone with a current day ticket will be able to upgrade for the difference.

2 hours ago, foolee said:

So are we thinking this means a Saturday at Hatfield day and a Sunday at Leeds? It’s got to be A Day To Remember or Blink you’d think. 

Hope not! Seeing Brian Fallon on the Saturday so would be disappointed to see the current list of acts split up over two days!

If they're doing a second day, does that mean they've got another load of acts to announce?

41 minutes ago, Traher666 said:

I’d say that there will be a weekend ticket option, which will be cheaper than doing each day (together) and anyone with a current day ticket will be able to upgrade for the difference.

don't think is fair as it not our fault that they are not organised from the start, but will see on Monday and see what happens

47 minutes ago, Traher666 said:

Aren't 'Megatickets' already a thing for doing both sites? I think it'd be a little late to announce a second date now.
People will have booked travel/accom to move between the two sites if they're already doing that.
Might risk pissing a fair few if they announced that at this point I'd imagine.

Maybe an additional fest, like an indoor winter fest?
Could scoop up the bands they miss due to different touring schedules?

8 minutes ago, lexiins said:

don't think is fair as it not our fault that they are not organised from the start, but will see on Monday and see what happens

No, what I’m saying is this:

day 1: £50

day 2: £70 or whatever it is 

Total: £120

then they’ll do a weekend for £110 (£10 cheaper), or they’ll give people that have already bought a ticket for the festival day the option to upgrade for £40 (meaning they pay the same as weekend ticket).

17 minutes ago, ScarletBlaster said:

Hope not! Seeing Brian Fallon on the Saturday so would be disappointed to see the current list of acts split up over two days!

If they're doing a second day, does that mean they've got another load of acts to announce?

They won’t split the current list of acts over 2 days as they’ve sold them on the premise that they’re playing the specific days. I think it’ll be more like the 2nd day will only be 1 stage with a big headliner ala blink or adtr with a couple of support acts and probably starting later than the original day. More like a gig at the festival grounds because the stages and vendors will all be there already. 

7 minutes ago, foolee said:

They won’t split the current list of acts over 2 days as they’ve sold them on the premise that they’re playing the specific days. I think it’ll be more like the 2nd day will only be 1 stage with a big headliner ala blink or adtr with a couple of support acts and probably starting later than the original day. More like a gig at the festival grounds because the stages and vendors will all be there already. 

As said Blink or ADTR are most likely.

5 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Personally I think it's more likely they announce it's going to 2 full days for next year rather than it affecting anything this year.

I keep hearing people say this but it's so weird to announce that pre this years event if that's the case.
Just feels like a poor idea in terms of marketing.
I mean could be a second day in France? 

48 minutes ago, jcarb said:

I keep hearing people say this but it's so weird to announce that pre this years event if that's the case.

I can’t see them doing a second day in France, when they don’t know how the first one will be received. You’ve got to learn to walk before you can run.

Been thinking about the line up and the stage allocation.  I think we agreed on here that the NOFX stage is likely to be downgraded to a tent, hence the fewer number of bands.  I reckon it'll be a split stage affair as still a lot of bands that would naturally crossover with the PiD crowd - eg spunge, A, Zebrahead, Bedouin Soundclash and prob some others that I'm not familiar with.  Not sure who would headline that stage though.

18 hours ago, jcarb said:

They replied to the latest UK line up announcement with a teaser for the second day, so it's very unlikely to be related to Le Slam Dunk.

I'm gonna laff if the second day is just a special option to buy an add on that gets you into the other site for a reduced cost.

6 hours ago, Padjeq said:

They replied to the latest UK line up announcement with a teaser for the second day, so it's very unlikely to be related to Le Slam Dunk.

I'm gonna laff if the second day is just a special option to buy an add on that gets you into the other site for a reduced cost.

I wouldn't even be surprised at this point if it was something like that, 2 day packages of some form.
Extra dates for this year or next just seems stupid at this point tbf.