Slam Dunk Festival 2020

Dukey

Good thing about going to the south date is you know who the special guest is, although I'm pretty sure everyone figures it out before the north date

Does look clash heavy. Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies clashing with Billy Talent, Sum 41 with Refused. Expect to be making some tough decisions on the day

7 hours ago, moams said:

Are we thinking the Fireball stage will be where the Punk in Drublic stage was last year? If so that’s a fair way to run if I want to go watch both Sum 41 and Don Broco in full. 

That’s why I’m hoping for the two main stages to be next to each other as that is still a bit of a clash as you’ll have to miss the start or end of one to catch a full set. Also if that is the case where does the PID end up as there isn’t room for another stage and there’s too many acts on dickies for it to alternate with that.

On 2/26/2020 at 6:35 PM, kjvffm said:

Who we thinking for the secret set this year? Busted last year was amazing but can’t imagine them getting anything similar this time. Would love YMAS/BMTH maybe but not sure they are around or would really fit the bill?

Could see it being either of those or Creeper, Shikari, Neck Deep or even something like 5SOS which id pray heavily against lmao.

On 2/26/2020 at 6:35 PM, kjvffm said:

Who we thinking for the secret set this year? Busted last year was amazing but can’t imagine them getting anything similar this time. Would love YMAS/BMTH maybe but not sure they are around or would really fit the bill?

5SOS are in Liverpool the day before Slam Dunk I believe, could actually be a very decent shout.

2 hours ago, foolee said:

That’s why I’m hoping for the two main stages to be next to each other as that is still a bit of a clash as you’ll have to miss the start or end of one to catch a full set. Also if that is the case where does the PID end up as there isn’t room for another stage and there’s too many acts on dickies for it to alternate with that.

I've been trying to work this out too.

Last year I remember :

Main

PID

Two split tented heavy stages

Two split outside Marshall stages 

Two split indoor stages

Accoustic

The heavy / Marshall /Accoustic stages will stay as is.  The main obvs will too.  Then that leaves the Don Bronco stage taking the PID big stage.  Then means that 2020's PID shares with Wonder Years/MCS/FYS, etc.  But that feels an odd mix.  Would they not fit better having Bronco share the tent with TWYs?

1 hour ago, gary1979666 said:

I've been trying to work this out too.

Last year I remember :

Main

PID

Two split tented heavy stages

Two split outside Marshall stages 

Two split indoor stages

Accoustic

The heavy / Marshall /Accoustic stages will stay as is.  The main obvs will too.  Then that leaves the Don Bronco stage taking the PID big stage.  Then means that 2020's PID shares with Wonder Years/MCS/FYS, etc.  But that feels an odd mix.  Would they not fit better having Bronco share the tent with TWYs?

I think Don Broco are doing the main main stage and Sum 41 will take the PiD. Wonder Years stage has too many acts to share.

3 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

I think Don Broco are doing the main main stage and Sum 41 will take the PiD. Wonder Years stage has too many acts to share.

That's a good point.  When you think of it, the Wonder Years stage has too many acts in general - I count 11, where as the rest are much smaller.  Looking at last year's line up, the max on a stage was 9 acts.  

Edited by gary1979666

On 2/28/2020 at 2:40 PM, lexiins said:

Ypsilon in German means Y (the letter), could it be YM@6 (which has been mentioned as a possibility a few comments ago)?
*is the only thing that comes to my mind

Very possible, though a Y could relate to a number of bands I guess.
Was wondering if it's like an abbrieviation of a song title or something like last year with Y3K
YMAS would fit very nicely on that stage though and they've played a secret show at the Key Club in Leeds before.

Looking at it they might actually put the PID and stage SUM 41 are headlining next to eachother and alternate those two. Only way I can see it working as I don’t see where they’d fit another stage at Hatfield as it’s already tight. 

5 hours ago, jcarb said:

Very possible, though a Y could relate to a number of bands I guess.
Was wondering if it's like an abbrieviation of a song title or something like last year with Y3K
YMAS would fit very nicely on that stage though and they've played a secret show at the Key Club in Leeds before.

Wouldn't say no to You Me At Six like, good band and always a good time live. Playing some less played songs from 'Hold Me Down' would be lovely.

2 hours ago, foolee said:

Secret set won't be You Me At Six as they're supporting Catfish in Swansea on the Saturday so not really doable going from Leeds to Swansea and then playing a support slot.

Ah that’s fair, tbf I wouldn’t consider them a stretch to get or anything particularly special for a secret set. 
it’s either got to be someone that would play high up/headline or someone that’s rare to see. 
I mean people were predicting bmth last year. 
Could simple creatures be an option? Good relationship with atl and Mark lives in Near London now doesn’t he?