Slam Dunk Festival 2020

Dukey

10 hours ago, Archi said:

Sorry for the double post. A Day To Remember will play in Tilburg (NL) on October 6th. If the tour keeps the same routing or at least the same size as the first one, they can't be at Slam Dunk unfortunately... 

Just seen this on the Ticketmaster NL website, weird how they haven't mentioned it on social media, hopefully as they have no dates after June they may tour the UK first in September then onto Europe September/October.

3 hours ago, Swansea93 said:

Just seen this on the Ticketmaster NL website, weird how they haven't mentioned it on social media, hopefully as they have no dates after June they may tour the UK first in September then onto Europe September/October.

They would headline the festival, i dont think they will play it at this point. 

3 hours ago, Swansea93 said:

I don't think they'll play Slam Dunk at all, but the email I had off Slam Dunk indicated that ADTR was still planning on using the sites for the gigs they had announced in May.

Ah fair, i would imagine they are more likely to play shows indoors, no idea though. Cant see this going ahead anyway. 

Alkaline Trio and The Used have been announced for the new dates. Good additions although pretty poor The Used have now decided they’re free, if I were the Slam Dunk Booker I personally wouldn’t give them the time of day. Still not convinced this will go ahead but maybe it is a plan to go ahead until told otherwise and stop too many refunds and if it doesn’t happen roll the tickets until 2021 and try get as many bands as possible or they’ve already discussed this with the current lineup. 

Alkaline Tro now make this very hard not to go for now, been waiting a long time to see them again. It's occured to me that Alkaline Trio will just clash with Sum 41, I'd have to choose Alkaline as I've seen Sum 41 twice since reforming.

The Used I'm guessing will just slot in for State Champs.

Unfortunately still only 50% chance of this happening.

Edited by thewayiam

48 minutes ago, Pottsy2913 said:

As mentioned above, pretty cheeky of The Used like to suddenly decide they can do it. Fingers crossed this goes ahead still though, as the lineup is fantastic.

Alkaline Trio is a pretty damn good get for them like.

Yeah AT has persuaded to try and make this work with lesser bands I'm into. I'd have seen Sum 41 and Billy Talent though I was split between them and FYS who I've seen most recent. Billy Talent aren't producing as good material though and their most recent single was a shocker.

6 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Alkaline Tro now make this very hard not to go for now, been waiting a long time to see them again. It's occured to me that Alkaline Trio will just clash with Sum 41, I'd have to choose Alkaline as I've seen Sum 41 twice since reforming.

The Used I'm guessing will just slot in for State Champs.

Unfortunately still only 50% chance of this happening.

If the festival keeps the 2 big stages as announced for the fest in May, I guess Sum 41 and Alkaline Trio will not performing at the same time. 

I saw Alkaline Trio 05 or 06. Big fan at the time. Despite knowing every song, it was one of those gigs where it took until halfway through the first verse most of the time to figure out what song they were even playing. I will say I've seen other bands that I thought were bad live back then and then again in more modern times, and they'd really improved - probably a combination of better improvements in band skill and technology.

Tbf I was always in the pit in those days and a lot of bands were just dirgey noise down there.

6 hours ago, Jericode said:

Sub for Sum 41 is my guess

That's Billy Talent and there is no reason to move them. They could be lower could fit on main stage comfortable as I wouldn't say they are as heavy as Refused were to just slot in.

The worst part about all this is it may well not even happen.

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, gary1979666 said:

So with Reading / Leeds gone and recent govt announcements, do we reckon that Slam Dunk has had it now for 2020?  

Without a doubt. Sadly, I think everything that involves a crowd will be written off this year in the UK. 

Hopefully they can get as much of this year’s lineup back as they can for 2021. 

On 5/13/2020 at 7:41 AM, Andre91 said:

Without a doubt. Sadly, I think everything that involves a crowd will be written off this year in the UK. 

Hopefully they can get as much of this year’s lineup back as they can for 2021. 

They have already suggested they are hopeful of that. Saying that the more pessimistic types on the BST thread are already writing off 2021 season