Proposing to my girlfriend at Glastonbury

Tagsman

Hi Everyone,

I am planning on proposing to my girlfriend at Glastonbury this year and I was hoping to see if anyone else has done this before and has any ideas/advice they would like to share? I have a vague idea about when and where I would like to do it, but if anyone has any tips to make it extra special I would love to hear it. It’s a very special place to us, and we will have loads of friends there, so I am hoping to do it somewhere fun, maybe up by the sign. 

I read one of the threads from ‘@Kanye’s Cock’ who did it up there and that looked so fun, it would be amazing to organise something like that. 

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

You'll get a cheer wherever you decide. Sunsets are s great time up the hill but also very popular. Lost count of all the proposals there two years ago. Maybe somebody on here can think of somewhere more exclusive. Maybe ribbon tower. Good luck ?

Didn't propose there but I've seen a couple. 

First one was at the stone circle on the wednesday night. They guy organised some kind of flash mob/he had a decent group of people that coordinated the thing. Was alright. 

Second one actually stole my idea. Was with my now fiance right at the top of the Park hill. about 10-20 metres from the fence. Was at sunset on a glorious day, not too many people up there. Looked like the guy had packed a picnic. At the time I was just thinking to myself that this would be a perfect place to propose. Just as that thought finished the girl started squealing in delight. 

I would advise something akin to the second one. There were very few people (maybe 3-4 others) at the top of the hill and gave the couple a phenomenal view and time to themselves. 

A bit risky but think I saw online that a couple did it during The XX in 2017 when "their favourite" song came on. 

If you do have a song that means a lot to both of you and it's likely to be played by that band/artist it's worth considering at least.

Though you will be surrounded by a crowd so might put her on the spot with lots of eyes watching you twos.

2 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

If you do have a song that means a lot to both of you and it's likely to be played by that band/artist it's worth considering at least.

"You've got it. Yeah baby, you've got it. You're my Venus. You're my fire, my desire." (You're welcome to steal that.)

An acquaintance got engaged near the Glastonbury sign. He snuck in a bottle of champagne to celebrate "properly", which I thought was a nice touch (although very much against the "no glass" rule).

There have been a few people asking on this forum before so not sure what a search would bring up.

Sunsets are always great and then you have the night to party.

other extreme is just after you have lugged all your stuff across site and had the putting up tent argument. "Oh that just leaves one last thing to do (insert name) " and if she replies. "oh and WTF is that" a perfect time to do it ;)

Good luck though.

If she say No I will be waiting in the wings

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

There have been a few people asking on this forum before so not sure what a search would bring up.

Sunsets are always great and then you have the night to party.

other extreme is just after you have lugged all your stuff across site and had the putting up tent argument. "Oh that just leaves one last thing to do (insert name) " and if she replies. "oh and WTF is that" a perfect time to do it ;)

Good luck though.

If she say No I will be waiting in the wings

Love this haha

From Twitter.....

First ever #journorequest & it's a corker... I'm looking for someone who is planning on PROPOSING or GETTING MARRIED @GlastoFest this year! For a feature on @worthyfm please RT glasto brides and grooms I know you're out there!! #glastowedding ? @TheGlastoThingy @GlastoFestFeed

https://twitter.com/mollieperella

Edited by morph100

24 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

In 2013 a very nice man called Andrew came on the eFestivals forum and asked the very same question. 

I responded and organised this.....

We’re still in touch and I see the happy couple each year!

xx

Nice! I really liked @Kanye's Cock version too

I semi-proposed in 2017, when I blurted out to my Kiwi ex that I loved her and we needed to figure out some way of being in the same country.

What I did (take note) was... get pissed and take MDMA with her for three days and then blurt it out in the naughty corner just after the Foo Fighters at the Truth Stage. How I got through to Sat night/Sun morning without saying it on that lot and at Glastonbury I'm not quite sure. We then watched Rat Boy.

We're still married, so feel free to use that template.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1