Other stage Sunday

Ian Gunpowder

8 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

On before Snow Patrol as JP sub, bumped up to 3rd on Other I reckon

Could be, and that would mean she goes on stage just after Kylie. Could end up with a mahoosive crowd.

17 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Christ on a bike, let's hope not. She is everything but an Other Stage artist!

She's Park first, JP second, WH third and could just about do Acoustic but it would be leftfield (not Leftfield, you understand...although...).

Fingers crossed she's not singing towards Oxlyers...

Ben

Yes, this 100%. 

But bring Leftfield back live, really enjoyed their set in Sonic years back! 

13 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Billie could 100% headline but probs won't imo.

I'm pretty embarrassed that I still have no idea who Billie is. Can anyone enlighten me? Top tracks to check out? 

1 minute ago, zeppelin said:

Yes, this 100%. 

But bring Leftfield back live, really enjoyed their set in Sonic years back! 

I'm pretty embarrassed that I still have no idea who Billie is. Can anyone enlighten me? Top tracks to check out? 

Ocean Eyes, When the Party's Over, Bury a Friend, Bad Guy, idontwannabeyouanymore

11 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Instructions:

• Get the album on Spotify
  • Lose your shit
  • Head to the Billie Eilish thread
  • Tell everyone you can't fucking wait and it's gonna be sick

PS. Give 'don't smile at me' a spin as well as this has many certified bangers on it also.

9 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Would be an odd clash with Janelle though (but I guess maybe it cant be helped).

EDIT: Would also have been a weird clash with Lana assuming that day is where she was supposed to be subbing too so idk

In terms of Lana, I don't think they'd have originally clashed as Chems would have Sunday. 

On 5/8/2019 at 1:46 PM, jparx said:

I initially read your comment and thought you were joking, but I've just had a look at her Spotify numbers...Jesus Christ. Those numbers are insane! I have no idea where that puts her on the running order, but headlining the Other suddenly doesn't seem to daft.. 

Wow, they really are. Was going to make the point about how low they make Stormzy’s look, then realised how much higher they are than The Cure, then even the Killers (bar Mr Brightside and even then not by that much).

Of course it doesn’t directly translate to a festival billing but seriously impressive none the less.

Edited by DJL

Fairly sure Billie won't be on John Peel, this was from Emily Eavis' interview with Jo Whiley on BBC R2: "We're currently moving her – she's on John Peel at the moment but she's much too big, really, for the slot" 

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Will be fuming if C&tQ are headlining and clash with Janelle / The Cure.

This!! I'm already getting myself in a tiz over The Cure/Janelle. Don't add in other bands that I really, really want to see especially as I told my husband this afternoon that if I have clashes that I can't decide what to do with that I'm going to make myself see something utterly random instead. At this rate they'll all be playing at the same time and I'll be in speakers corner cursing myself for my indecision. 

Billie will, at least, be playing after Kylie. Emily isn't going to move her from the JPT to clash with Kylie on the Other stage. I think she will be 3rd down at least.

Subbing CATQ would be an awesome double header, but a painful headliner clash.

Just on a slight tangent - I think we'll be surprised by quite a few placements on this lineup this year. There's clearly been some shifting around behind the scenes and I can see a number of placements being different from what we're thinking.

Just now, jparx said:

Billie will, at least, be playing after Kylie. Emily isn't going to move her from the JPT to clash with Kylie on the Other stage. I think she will be 3rd down at least.

Subbing CATQ would be an awesome double header, but a painful headliner clash.

4th down on Other also avoids a clash too, wouldn't be surprised to see her in that slot either

Edited by Mattymooz

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

Just on a slight tangent - I think we'll be surprised by quite a few placements on this lineup this year. There's clearly been some shifting around behind the scenes and I can see a number of placements being different from what we're thinking.

absolutely. And a few people saying "X will never play before y" will end up looking a little silly because they are clearly not ordering the stages by popularity/"size" alone.