Glasto hacks 2.0

Jne___

52 minutes ago, jparx said:

How does that work? Do you make up squash with water then add Vodka? 

I find that vodka, then water, then squash works best. If you do vodka last it doesn't mix very well and you end up with a very strong first sip

30 minutes ago, wairey said:

I find that vodka, then water, then squash works best. If you do vodka last it doesn't mix very well and you end up with a very strong first sip

Never thought to try squash and spirits. You've given me something to think about! That would be a great way to save on weight and also make sure you get more water in you!

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

Never thought to try squash and spirits. You've given me something to think about! That would be a great way to save on weight and also make sure you get more water in you!

Yeah I don’t know why I’ve not utilised this idea before with those little Robinson’s things. Especially handy this year what with the clamping down on plastic bottles and not really being sure what they’re gonna do in their absence. Might buy one of every flavour and give them a test run pre-festival and see what booze and flavours work best.

Edited by FloorFiller

1 hour ago, wairey said:

It might be a sign of my student budget, but I'll be going vodka-squash when I'm not on cider. Buy a couple of the Robinsons "Squash'd" things and I'm good to go. Save's on weight and sugar. Don't judge ?

Yeh this is actually genius for keeping weight/space down, cheers!

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I don’t know why I’ve not utilised this idea before with those little Robinson’s things. Especially handy this year what with the clamping down on plastic bottles and not really being sure what they’re gonna do in their absence. Might buy one of every flavour and give them a test run pre-festival and see what booze and flavours work best.

I expect a thorough report after your taste test, FF. 

I always do the vodka squash'd thing too - doesn't taste too bad! That is until you start using water that has been sat in a 10L plastic water carrier since the first day of the festival and every drink is warm and tastes of plastic.

Just now, Scott129 said:

What do people think water will be sold from vendors in? Surely not cans? I always try to use the taps on site but never know where they are

everwhere ... all the taps are decent water and tested .... so it doesn't just need to be the wateraid ones ... although this year these have been increased 

5 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

What do people think water will be sold from vendors in? Surely not cans? I always try to use the taps on site but never know where they are

I've seen water sold in boxes before. The stuff I've seen is quite expensive though, so not sure if they will have them at Glastonbury. 

15 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjPza_htY7iAhXD5ZoKHTtpAPoYABABGgJsbQ&sig=AOD64_0tDL21-JO50Qa8_fmVnKtGfc2Okw&ctype=5&q=&ved=0ahUKEwiv_6bhtY7iAhXSWxUIHVPoBvYQ9aACCDg&adurl=

Had one of these before and they do reseal very well but doubt it'll be there, probably just an expectation for people to have their own refillable.

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

I find these useful ... for  keeping the carrying  weight down shopping.png.9ee92a985b608a248b30b5ac09cb7317.png

another recommendation for these - I've been using them at festivals ever since they came out - prepare a 500ml bottle for late night action

46 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

Piggy backing this question; Does anyone know/care to guess what the milk situation will be? The vendors plastic ban is easily adhered to for everything other than milk. 

5 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Going to need a hack this year to get round the challenge of a mixer with no bottles on site. 

Buying cans there and carrying a cup is the natural option, but a bit of a nuisance when absolutely snozzled. As is carry enough mixer as I'm getting the coach. 

Anyone given it any thought? 

Although it isn't ideal, I didnt think there was a full on ban on plastic bottles? Just a encouragement to avoid them?  I was planning on decanting spirit glass bottles into some old squash plastic bottles (re using them!) and then ive got some of the sports direct folding water bottles to make mixers in
Im going on the coach and wont be taking cans I've decided I'm going to be buying some sacks of Lilleys cider, far easier to carry than cans. Goes down like juice and not too bad warm! 

http://www.lilleyscider.co.uk/3l-bag-in-box-c102x3096508

Edited by amyg1990

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I find these useful ... for  keeping the carrying  weight down shopping.png.9ee92a985b608a248b30b5ac09cb7317.png

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

The Vimto ones are what the winners buy.?

36 minutes ago, amyg1990 said:

Although it isn't ideal, I didnt think there was a full on ban on plastic bottles? Just a encouragement to avoid them?  I was planning on decanting spirit glass bottles into some old squash plastic bottles (re using them!) and then ive got some of the sports direct folding water bottles to make mixers in
Im going on the coach and wont be taking cans I've decided I'm going to be buying some sacks of Lilleys cider, far easier to carry than cans. Goes down like juice and not too bad warm! 

http://www.lilleyscider.co.uk/3l-bag-in-box-c102x3096508

It’s not a ban - you can bring your own with you and decant as needed etc - they just won’t be selling any at the festival, which makes getting mixers a little trickier as it used to be very convenient to just buy a bottle of coke, drink the top quarter and then add spirit as needed. Having to buy cans all the time and decanting them is a bit of a pain in the arse, and the cost will soon add up as you plough through them. 

• Like 1