Glasto hacks 2.0

Jne___

27 minutes ago, Charm said:

A bin liner makes a great seat in a muddy year, saved me numerous times in 2016. 

Charm x

After 2016, I bought a £2 shower curtain for the same thing. Hoping for another year like '17 so it can stay in its packaging again. 

32 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Order your food shopping and get it delivered for the night you get home from the festival. No one wants to face the real world when you have the glastonbury blues.  

I usually can't eat for the first 3 days back.

7 minutes ago, LooseLeafTeaLover said:

Might be a silly question but having never been before just wondering as I'm partial to "loose leaf tea" ?? what happens if it's found on you at the gates? (Only enough for personal tea consumption) and is there sniffer dogs? 

Thanks! 

If you've only bought tea bags for yourself, they'll get confiscated if it's found.  If you've brought enough tea and sugar for a field then you can expect to have a chat with the police.

Security are likely to check  bags for glass and other prohibited items.  These checks can vary from a quick tap and cursory glance into your bags, to a full rummage through.  

As for sniffer dogs, I can't honestly remember if I've seen them or not.

1 minute ago, Kinkyinuit said:

If you've only bought tea bags for yourself, they'll get confiscated if it's found.  If you've brought enough tea and sugar for a field then you can expect to have a chat with the police.

Security are likely to check  bags for glass and other prohibited items.  These checks can vary from a quick tap and cursory glance into your bags, to a full rummage through.  

Sniffer dogs were there in 2017 but seemed to be part of the security theatre as a result of the terror attacks rather than a concerted effort to find teabags 

30 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Thanks! Is it better in my back pack concealed away or hidden on my person? 

30 minutes ago, rawrsomesauce said:

Sniffer dogs were there in 2017 but seemed to be part of the security theatre as a result of the terror attacks rather than a concerted effort to find teabags 

Yeah, from what was said at the time, they were trained for explosives rather than anything more recreational.

Even then I don't remember there being much of them, or conducting full on boomtown style searches.

4 minutes ago, incident said:

Yeah, from what was said at the time, they were trained for explosives rather than anything more recreational.

Even then I don't remember there being much of them, or conducting full on boomtown style searches.

Yep - I think they share some security with Download and the coppers there went out of their way to say it was an explosives sniff and not a drugs one.

6 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

everwhere ... all the taps are decent water and tested .... so it doesn't just need to be the wateraid ones ... although this year these have been increased 

Yeah for the record I don't buy water bottles, I usually just fill up when I can. 

I have to admit though that I wouldn't know where to find a water point or tap away from the campsite in a few minutes. That could just me being thick though tbf

Just now, Scott129 said:

Yeah for the record I don't buy water bottles, I usually just fill up when I can. 

I have to admit though that I wouldn't know where to find a water point or tap away from the campsite in a few minutes. That could just me being thick though tbf

every toilet block should have water ... wateraid water points and bars have to legally provide it I believe :) 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

every toilet block should have water ... wateraid water points and bars have to legally provide it I believe :) 

Though I believe that not all bars have access to it. On a hot year though most will have a jug of water just on the bar to help yourself to. (Actually, not just a hot year, main occasion I'm thinking of was during Super Hans at Stonebridge in 2016)

Edited by gfest2009

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

Interesting it could just be my bad memory  from 2 years ago. I certainly didn't know the toilets all had taps. I'm definitely making more of an effort to drink more water this year so good to know

On the subject of water, if you don't have a proper bottle already then pick up one of the nice metal ones at a Wateraid point, and never think about buying a plastic one again. 

If it's as hot as it was in 2017 then bring a (non-plastic) bottle with you, people were passing out in the queue to get in on the Wednesday. 

5 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

How come? There's loads of goodness on the farm. Plenty of healthy options to eat. 

I’m aware of that but I tend not to eat much! Coupled with lots of booze, very little sleep and loads of exercise, my immune system needs help to recover. 

Just now, Curlygirl said:

I’m aware of that but I tend not to eat much! Coupled with lots of booze, very little sleep and loads of exercise, my immune system needs help to recover. 

You're missing out. My top tip for you this year is make sure you eat some of the delicious food. 

6 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

It’s not a ban - you can bring your own with you and decant as needed etc - they just won’t be selling any at the festival, which makes getting mixers a little trickier as it used to be very convenient to just buy a bottle of coke, drink the top quarter and then add spirit as needed. Having to buy cans all the time and decanting them is a bit of a pain in the arse, and the cost will soon add up as you plough through them.

I thought the ban was just for water bottles? Can't imagine any kiosk people would bother showing up if they couldn't sell coke or such drinks.

Just now, Anarion said:

I thought the ban was just for water bottles? Can't imagine any kiosk people would bother showing up if they couldn't sell coke or such drinks.

Hmm I was under the impression it was all one use plastic bottles including soft drinks. Or have I just totally got that wrong?