Glasto hacks 2.0

Jne___

On 5/2/2019 at 11:58 AM, Kay95 said:

we usually bring baileys miniatures to stick in our morning coffee.... kinda goes against the plastics reduction tho

If you go to Poland or otherwise can find this Hazelnut Vodka, it's far superior to Baileys for a morning coffee (traditionally mixed with cold milk). Also comes in plastic bottles but I can't find a photo.

soplica-orzech-laskowy-polish-hazelnut-v

• Upvote 1

Just now, fightoffyour said:

If you go to Poland or otherwise can find this Hazelnut Vodka, it's far superior to Baileys for a morning coffee (traditionally mixed with cold milk). Also comes in plastic bottles but I can't find a photo.

That sounds lush....

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Pretty sure you're not supposed to cut the excess off the wristbands, so security can check them more easily e.g. entering the SE corner

Yeah, a couple of friends (back in 2011) got waylaid by staff/volunteers outside the fence for a good couple of hours after taking some stuff back to the car on the Sunday because they'd done this ??

2 minutes ago, gfest2009 said:

Yeah, a couple of friends (back in 2011) got waylaid by staff/volunteers outside the fence for a good couple of hours after taking some stuff back to the car on the Sunday because they'd done this ??

Never knew this!  (though to be honest, I have never been arsed to cut the ends off and coming by coach have no reason to leave or re-enter the site) .  I usually just make sure the ends are tucked in before wiping.  It would feel wrong to have the band on my left hand for some reason!

On 5/1/2019 at 11:51 PM, Divein said:

On the subject of toilets, if you have long drops, try to use the ones that don’t face the way you walk and always try the middle ones as they are always the ones that are used less. 

If your going to bed when it’s dark, try not to be a loud snorer. Or USE THE LOCK UPS. 

1.) ?

2.) They let snorers sleep in the lock-ups? 

Edited by Boris

1 hour ago, gfest2009 said:

I've been going out to campervan East every day for many years and can't recall them ever mentioning it, what a lucky rogue I am ?

4 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I've been going out to campervan East every day for many years and can't recall them ever mentioning it, what a lucky rogue I am ?

Haha, you rebel! Yeah, we could never work out if they just got unlucky or what. Wouldn't risk it though (we're soft though! Despite volunteering and camping offsite our first year, for the next few years once we were in the fence, that was it ? we weren't going back out for anything! Just in case!)

Just now, Gnomicide said:

They don't want the ends cut off because in theory you could sew/attach all the ends off to make a new wristband. 

Heard about this being done a few years ago but don’t think it would be possible now since they started putting void on the last couple of inches, you’d just end up with a black/grey wristband.

18 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

They don't want the ends cut off because in theory you could sew/attach all the ends off to make a new wristband. 

Really!? ??. Now, I'm a dab hand with a needle, but no way I'd be able to create a realistic new wristband that way! You learn something new every day. Makes it extra silly that my friends were stopped as they'd (clearly) burnt the ends off...

21 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

Heard about this being done a few years ago but don’t think it would be possible now since they started putting void on the last couple of inches, you’d just end up with a black/grey wristband.

Yeah theres a void bit, you can't/shouldn't trim below that.

20 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Very basic one but if you have access to showers, get yourself some Original Source shower gel. Either the mint & tea tree or lemon & tea tree. Really good for waking you up and you can pick it up for £1 in certain stores. A festival essential for me 

Certainly wakes you up if you get it in the right places 

• Upvote 2

Going to need a hack this year to get round the challenge of a mixer with no bottles on site. 

Buying cans there and carrying a cup is the natural option, but a bit of a nuisance when absolutely snozzled. As is carry enough mixer as I'm getting the coach. 

Anyone given it any thought? 

16 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Going to need a hack this year to get round the challenge of a mixer with no bottles on site. 

Buying cans there and carrying a cup is the natural option, but a bit of a nuisance when absolutely snozzled. As is carry enough mixer as I'm getting the coach. 

If you're worried about being sozzled, buy one of the 500ml/750ml metal or plastic bottles.. decant the mixer & booze into that, has a handy screw top lid and often able to clip onto your bag.

48 minutes ago, joeruss said:

If you're worried about being sozzled, buy one of the 500ml/750ml metal or plastic bottles.. decant the mixer & booze into that, has a handy screw top lid and often able to clip onto your bag.

Yeah that's a good idea. I think that, coupled with getting cans on site, will be the way to go. Although I will end up carting two bottles (water and booze) and a steel cup (cider/beer) everywhere ?

11 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Very basic one but if you have access to showers, get yourself some Original Source shower gel. Either the mint & tea tree or lemon & tea tree. Really good for waking you up and you can pick it up for £1 in certain stores. A festival essential for me 

I used that until I got a skin allergy to it !! Powerful stuff :) 

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

It might be a sign of my student budget, but I'll be going vodka-squash when I'm not on cider. Buy a couple of the Robinsons "Squash'd" things and I'm good to go. Save's on weight and sugar. Don't judge ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, wairey said:

It might be a sign of my student budget, but I'll be going vodka-squash when I'm not on cider. Buy a couple of the Robinsons "Squash'd" things and I'm good to go. Save's on weight and sugar. Don't judge ?

How does that work? Do you make up squash with water then add Vodka? 

On 5/7/2019 at 4:12 PM, fightoffyour said:

The Blueberry version of this is delicious, you can buy it in a lot of Polish/European stores in the UK.

4 minutes ago, rwoo said:

The Blueberry version of this is delicious, you can buy it in a lot of Polish/European stores in the UK.

Nice! They're all delicious. Of the fruit flavours, I like the cherry one most. Makes an incredible alcoholic cherry coke, when mixed with...coke. I've also found they're good with just sparkling water, for a lighter choice of mixer.

38 minutes ago, wairey said:

Haha, me too! ? Not even just at the festival! ?