Glasto hacks 2.0

Jne___

51 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

This always used to be the case, but in the last couple of years I have found that using a loo that a man holding a looroll has come out of, as he has had a poo and made it nice before sitting!!! Ladies sometimes hover (why?!?!?) and wee EVERYWHERE. 

This!!! Someone laughed at me the other day when I said I bring some disposable gloves so that I can clean if the one I end up in is not up to my standards but they also admitted they'd be happy to follow me into a toilet. I genuinely don't understand why people don't clean up after themselves. Cleaning piss and shit is never a pleasant job but it's better if it's just your own you are dealing with. 

• Upvote 2

I have a policy of leaving the toilet in a nicer state than I found it. I’ll get in, give it a spruce if required before getting down to business, and then I’ll have another clean where required and it’ll be perfect upon disembarkment. 

So your best big tactic is to follow me everywhere and synchronise to my poop schedule ??

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I have a policy of leaving the toilet in a nicer state than I found it. I’ll get in, give it a spruce if required before getting down to business, and then I’ll have another clean where required and it’ll be perfect upon disembarkment. 

So your best big tactic is to follow me everywhere and synchronise to my poop schedule ??

can you not post where and when on the poopfinder thread ?

• Upvote 2

I'm glad this particular 'hack' continues to fuel conversation. I concede that not all ladies turn the long drop into a palace on every visit (and the hovering thing irritates me just as much as men that can't control their stream). It's more of a 'on balance' point of view.

Also, in the heat of the moment you might not be lucky enough to find a friendly bloke exiting the stall with a bog roll in his hand and a spring in his step. 

The truth is, all genders are capable of some nasty toilet behaviours so a bit of luck and bit of strategy might just help you avoid the worst of it. Also, if you've got or made a safe space in there, maybe let the poor folk who are queuing know that it's decent once you're leaving.

Looking forward to be judged by you lot every time I leave a longdrop now.

Good toilet etiquette appears to be the same as leaving your campsite tidy;  everyone says they do , and that they are appalled at others' behaviours, but the evidence is there for all to see.  It's like how no-one admits to voting Tory.   There's probably some correlation between all these groups too.

• Upvote 3

Maybe I just don't have high standards or I've been incredibly lucky but I can't recall having to use a toilet that was in a horrid state at Glastonbury 

I've seen them, they're grim, but then I turn around and find a different stall, there's always one a few doors down that isn't decimated 

I think that theres 2 types of people in the world. The first are the kind that are okay with making a mess of a toilet seat and leaving it for the next person and the second are the type that spend hours obsessively reading a forum about a festival. 

You can't be both. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, lbferb said:

I pre mix bloody mary mix into a 5L empty plastic water bottle so we have perfectly spiced BM's for the mornings to wake us all up and kick start the day! Just add the vodka as you go :)

On that note... is there any bars to get Bloody Mary in the morning? Somewhere not far from WV, although I’m prepared to walk the hill for it ? I was gonna pre mix my own, but I can’t imagine it’ll be nice by sat-sun.

Emergency foil blankets — when attached to the outside of your tent — can keep you relatively cool as the morning heats up. (Helpful if you're trying to sleep in.) However, they're really tricky to duct-tape to your tent. Our neighbours used clothesline pegs, which worked a treat.

My #1 tip is to bring a folding fan (like this, for example). Absolute godsend! You will notice people trying to dance near you, trying get some of that sweet second-hand fan action. Mine was eventually knicked by a performer at NYC Downlow (fair play to them — it was sweltering in there). This year I'm bringing spares to hand out, like a folding fan easter bunny.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, sophiemarie said:

Emergency foil blankets — when attached to the outside of your tent — can keep you relatively cool as the morning heats up. (Helpful if you're trying to sleep in.) However, they're really tricky to duct-tape to your tent. Our neighbours used clothesline pegs, which worked a treat.

Before I got my blackout tent I had used one of these type of blankets.  Less rustling than the fool ones and as it has the eyelets I attached some cord and tent peg it to ground to make it easier to attach to tent 

eb709s.jpg

Edited by dondo

2 hours ago, Jay89 said:

On that note... is there any bars to get Bloody Mary in the morning? Somewhere not far from WV, although I’m prepared to walk the hill for it ? I was gonna pre mix my own, but I can’t imagine it’ll be nice by sat-sun.

The only place I have come across bloody mary's is the bar just up behind the ribbon tower at the park stage...no idea what its called?! its kinda opposite the entrance to the rabbit hole. But they were about £8 each if I remember correctly! the pre mixed idea works really well and it does keep perfectly all weekend...I mix together 'big tom' juice, clamato juice, tabasco, worcestershire sauce, grated horseradish, celery salt, salt & pepper, lemon juice. then add your vodka when mixing fresh on the morning as I would imagine it going a bit grim with the vodka pre mixed?!

50 minutes ago, sophiemarie said:

My #1 tip is to bring a folding fan (like this, for example). Absolute godsend! You will notice people trying to dance near you, trying get some of that sweet second-hand fan action. Mine was eventually knicked by a performer at NYC Downlow (fair play to them — it was sweltering in there). This year I'm bringing spares to hand out, like a folding fan easter bunny.

Thanks for the reminder to get a fan, was an absolute godsend in the queue last time. 

Charm x

On 5/9/2019 at 1:24 PM, Brave Sir Robin said:

If you’re bringing your own alcohol to the Festival, remember that amounts considered beyond reasonable personal use will be confiscated at the gate

Has that always been the case do not remember seeing it before, my idea of reasonable may be way different than someone elses lol 

6 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

If you’re bringing your own alcohol to the Festival, remember that amounts considered beyond reasonable personal use will be confiscated at the gate

Has that always been the case do not remember seeing it before, my idea of reasonable may be way different than someone elses lol 

Yeah they've been saying this for a few now, and everyone panics about it, and then when you get there you see people wheelbarrowing cases of booze in and realise there' was nothing to worry about.

23 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Glad to hear someone else does this. I thought I was a bit of a lunatic for tidying up loos at Glastonbury...

3 hours ago, sophiemarie said:

I love the tip about the tent pegs! We've put a foil blanket up with duct tape before but it never really stays. This is genius. 

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I love the tip about the tent pegs! We've put a foil blanket up with duct tape before but it never really stays. This is genius. 

*wanders off to the work's stationary cupboard to look for bulldog clips...*