5G @ Glastonbury 2019

risteard

1 hour ago, Quark said:

And many years later you had to have an artery bypass. COINCIDENCE??? :P

- very funny - I left out ' it was free for just over 3 years !!!  - I should have started charging as friends could not believe how fast it was and they were all wanting to have a go and after all that I moved to a new area and Virgin had just started their Cable broadband and TV service and I have been with them ever since so poor BT must have wondered why I did not take up their offer when they allowed the rest of London to have the same service.{ think it was 1/2 price locked in for 5 years with no installation charge - seeing how much they were charging that was a big bargain }

On 4/26/2019 at 11:10 AM, psychology said:

Oh that's ok its for Glasti fest...….Glasti,  ?!?!?!?!!   wtf is that and who are these people, never heard anyone call it Glasti ever :D

2 hours ago, BeddyDriver said:

and this is my favorite….

I hope she isn't lumping us all in as having tiny brains , even though it appears she has one.... :D

The comments are comedy gold...

I'm quite keen on this comment, which incidentally was made on Ed Balls day:

Rebecca Harris

3 hours ago, BeddyDriver said:

Oh that's ok its for Glasti fest...….Glasti,  ?!?!?!?!!   wtf is that and who are these people, never heard anyone call it Glasti ever :D

That must be the 3rd or 4th separate petition I've seen for this now.  They need to organise!  They're spreading their signatures too thin!

Seriously, though, is everyone going absolutely fucking mental?  Anti-vaxxers, chemtrailers, flat-earthers and 5G-laser-beamers all actually exist in this world.  Where the hell did they all crawl out from over the last 10 years or so?

Maybe there really are chemtrails and these people are the result! ?

Edited by Fork_UK

16 minutes ago, Fork_UK said:

Seriously, though, is everyone going absolutely fucking mental?  Anti-vaxxers, chemtrailers, flat-earthers and 5G-laser-beamers all actually exist in this world.  Where the hell did they all crawl out from over the last 10 years or so?

you can add believe-in-faked-moon-landing and people-who-think-Brexit-is-a-good-idea to the list too.

I attempt Internet detox while at Glastonbury so will just have a 2g or whatever it is, cheap phone. I usually regret this decision when I wake up a bit early, but I don't want the hassle of worrying about charging my phone or losing it. 

Are there any other Internet detoxers? I notice everyones resolve has slowly weakened over the years! ?

31 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I attempt Internet detox while at Glastonbury so will just have a 2g or whatever it is, cheap phone. I usually regret this decision when I wake up a bit early, but I don't want the hassle of worrying about charging my phone or losing it. 

Are there any other Internet detoxers? I notice everyones resolve has slowly weakened over the years! ?

I'm with you mate.  Got my little Nokia brick and that sees me through the week.  "Proper" phone stays in the lockup in case I need it, but Mrs Q knows how to contact me if she needs to. That'll do.

On 4/26/2019 at 10:18 AM, drunk pumpkin said:

Yesterday I messaged the festival throught the contact process on the 5G issue. Waiting for a response which i'll post.

I'm sure that with the festivals ethos and links to greenpeace ect that if we do have 5G it will be very safe and not at all dangerous! 

I promised to share my reply from Glastonbury Festival (i do love that they get back to you!)

Here you go.

Thank you for sharing with us your concerns about the use of 5G at the Festival.

We take all feedback about the technology that we use extremely seriously, and have raised your concerns with EE, who as technology partner to the Festival, have been providing an onsite mobile network at the Festival for over 20 years.  

EE would like to assure everyone attending the Festival that 5G is safe, and that the World Health Organisation and Public Health England have both given 5G the green light as no health risks have been found from radio signals used for mobile communications in this way. To give that some context for comparison, EE point out that the World Health Organisation does warn of the dangers of processed red meat (e.g. bacon and sausages), but not about 5G.

Research into the safety of radio signals has been conducted for more than 50 years; and EE insist that the strong consensus of the public health agencies around the world (such as the WHO), is that no health risks have been established from exposure to the low-level radio signals used for Wi-Fi and mobile communications. 

In line with advice from WHO, the UK Government has adopted the exposure limits developed by International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection (ICNIRP) who monitor all new research.  All UK mobile network providers build their networks within these guidelines. While EE confirm that a small increase in overall exposure to radio waves is possible when 5G is added to existing networks, the overall exposure is expected to remain low and well within the ICNIRP guidelines. You can read the information from Government on this matter here: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/233707?reveal_response=yes.

If you have read or heard anything about high frequency ‘mmWave’ spectrum and research into this from the US, please be assured that this isn’t the technology that EE will be using at Glastonbury (or anywhere in the UK) when they launch 5G. The network they are installing this year (which includes 5G in a few areas of the site) meets all of the same safety requirements as the 2G, 3G and 4G network which they’ve used previously, and the things that have been written about ‘weaponised frequencies’ and needing a mobile site for every 20 houses aren’t true, and they have nothing to do with the technology that will be used at Glastonbury.

Best wishes

Glastonbury Festival

4 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Can you send them another one asking are they poisoning us with fluoride in the water and can they assure us that those trails in the sky are harmless?

I skim read an article on Facebook about this and now I'm very worried . 

i did, they said yes they are on the fluoride but no to the sky trails unless you look at them too long!

4 minutes ago, drunk pumpkin said:

i did, they said yes they are on the fluoride but no to the sky trails unless you look at them too long!

Cheers, keep us posted. 

I have photos of shadows on a grassy knoll I've to email over to them as well to have a look at. 

• 3 weeks later...

worth a watch, the woman who brought about the banning of smoking on aircraft describes it as "as safe as asbestos" - I think Glastonbury should have reassured themselves on 5G safety first, and not gone with the basis of one WHO study sponsored by the multi billion dollar Telecoms conglomerates.

Currently there's an appeal to the European Union (another reason to vote Farage), with more than 180 scientists and doctors from 36 countries warning about the dangers of 5G, which will lead to a massive increase in involuntary exposure to electromagnetic radiation. The scientists urge the EU to follow Resolution 1815 of the Council of Europe, asking for an independent task force to reassess the health effects BEFORE the roll out across Europe.