The 2019 Food Thread

The Nal

1 hour ago, H.M.V said:

Are you sure that wasn't Le Rac Shack

That's the one! Thanks.

I just did a forum search and can see that it's literally been talked about on the previous page before I posted ?I saw somebody discussing chips and gravy and it reminded me of it. Or maybe I saw the post about it without realising and like subliminal advertising I just immediately thought about raclette. Now I need to get some raclette, can't wait till June.

Edited by bombfrog

11 hours ago, H.M.V said:

To get back to the chips cheese and gravy thing. These guys have confirmed they are gonna be beside acoustic and kids field and will be serving chips cheese and gravy or curry sauce. 

And only fecking deep fried Mars bars and creme eggs!!! 

http://www.thefryerengine.co.uk/

Oh those chips sound good and the van looks awesome, will be keeping an eye out for those guys :)

5 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Standard have what reads like an advertorial for a few decent sounding places:

https://www.standard.co.uk/go/london/restaurants/festival-food-guide-2019-stalls-summer-a4115531.html

I will give that jackshack place a try; I've never had a jackfruit! Few recognisable regulars on there!

On 4/7/2019 at 10:46 PM, H.M.V said:

To get back to the chips cheese and gravy thing. These guys have confirmed they are gonna be beside acoustic and kids field and will be serving chips cheese and gravy or curry sauce. 

And only fecking deep fried Mars bars and creme eggs!!! 

http://www.thefryerengine.co.uk/

On behalf of all the Scots who actually like salad, fruit and veg can I apologise for some of my countrymen who have given the world the abomination that is deep fried confectionery. To think we gave the world penicillin, the telephone and tarmac and this is how we’ve ended up! 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

On behalf of all the Scots who actually like salad, fruit and veg can I apologise for some of my countrymen who have given the world the abomination that is deep fried confectionery. To think we gave the world penicillin, the telephone and tarmac and this is how we’ve ended up! 

They probably taste absolutely sickly but I've always thought a deep fried mars bar with a good quality vanilla ice cream would probably taste quite nice. 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Sounds like you must have some Scottish ancestry 

No although my husband does have. I usually think deep fried things are always a bit of a disappointment unless they are done well. I hate things that are too oily but we used to go to a restaurant that did a deep fried ice cream and that was a delight. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

They probably taste absolutely sickly but I've always thought a deep fried mars bar with a good quality vanilla ice cream would probably taste quite nice. 

It’s amazing, but go halvesies with someone - I couldn’t ever have a whole one to be honest 

I had always wanted to try a deep fried mars bar so when a local restaurant had one on their menu I had to try it. It was absolutely bloody lovely. I had thought it was.going to be greasy and sickly but no it was light and served with a toffee sauce. Would definitely have it again - maybe on the farm in June. Though not before a high tempo set!

P.s and I don't usually like sweet things - more of a savoury girl.

12 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Can't say I would be into a deep fried mars bar, prefer them from the freezer. But years ago in a restaurant in Liverpool had a deep friend jam sandwich with condensed milk icecream and it was fucking awesome! 

From the freezer?! What madness is this?! 

I vaguely remember woolfing down those mars bar ice cream bars as a plump child, but freezing a standard one just sounds wrong! 

3 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

From the freezer?! What madness is this?! 

I vaguely remember woolfing down those mars bar ice cream bars as a plump child, but freezing a standard one just sounds wrong! 

I find it too sickly at room temperature but its nice and chewy from the freezer. Highly recommend you try it. ;)

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Can't say I would be into a deep fried mars bar, prefer them from the freezer. But years ago in a restaurant in Liverpool had a deep friend jam sandwich with condensed milk icecream and it was fucking awesome! 

With you totally on frozen Mars bars. I used to slice Mars bars then freeze for about an hour - they are delicious. I  want one now! :D

Just now, StoneCircle said:

With you totally on frozen Mars bars. I used to slice Mars bars then freeze for about an hour - they are delicious. I  want one now! :D

Yes, I slice them when they come out with a sharp knife cos they are too 'syrupy' at room temp. Bloody lovely so they are. The heat from your mouth melts them as you chew for those who have never tried it. See I'm not alone on the freezing thing. Been doing it since I was a nipper. :D 

23 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Yes, I slice them when they come out with a sharp knife cos they are too 'syrupy' at room temp. Bloody lovely so they are. The heat from your mouth melts them as you chew for those who have never tried it. See I'm not alone on the freezing thing. Been doing it since I was a nipper. :D 

Alternatively microwave a Mars bar until is hot and runny, pour it onto quality ice cream and consume quickly.  Nectar! 

37 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Different fest but last year at Boomtown I had a wood fired pizza and it was absolutely delicious.

Is it true that they do this at the permaculture gardens? 

Wood fired pizza in the T & C field is brilliant could easily eat there every day