The 2019 Food Thread

The Nal

Wings?

Whilst I appreciate they are not always the best value for money. I am partial to a good portion of chicken wings.

Anyone know somewhere on site I can get decent ones?

Had some at iow fest last year and not only expensive hugely disappointing.

I forget the name of the vendor but my Sunday afternoon meal has been the same for the last 3/4 years. It’s at the side of the Pyramid stage (to the right if you’re looking at the stage) and does a big Yorkshire Pudding with all the rest of the food and gravy in the middle. It’s £10 but sorts me right out.

Edited by DareToDibble

On 5/15/2019 at 3:53 PM, Simpo said:

Here y'are:

:o

Published June 22nd, I might have to make some for myself watching at home! Bet they'll be selling copies at their stand this year too. :) 

Excalibur! They make my favourite food of glastonbury!

13 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I forget the name of the vendor but my Sunday afternoon meal has been the same for the last 3/4 years. It’s at the side of the Pyramid stage (to the right if you’re looking at the stage) and does a big Yorkshire Pudding with all the rest of the food and gravy in the middle. It’s £10 but sorts me right out.

I remember in 2017 there was definitely one of those to the left of the pyramid rather than the right. It was on the corner almost opposite the bar on the green because I remember sitting in the grass outside eating it. I remember being hideously hungover so I succumbed to it and it really hit the spot. A giant  Yorkshire the size of a hat, stuffed with mash gravy sausages and maybe chicken and turkey.

... I won’t be going near it this year though as I’m now a pescatarian and attempt to be vegan a lot of the time (basically I don’t eat meat and avoid buying eggs and dairy directly, but don’t worry too much if it’s an ingredient within the food I buy) so I’m very much looking forward to trying all the veggie options on site.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

5F98812D-6452-4321-BB78-9E0A0447A93E.jpeg

• Upvote 1

On 4/20/2019 at 1:07 PM, Da_J_Doc-~ said:

There was a great toastie place that did macaroni cheese toasties, great carb on carb after a few drinks, pretty sure they were from Scotland, we went back for a second time and they were sold out, anyone know who they were and if they’ll be back?

Mentioned this in the cheese thread but it’s worth repeating the warning. I like a ham toastie followed by a cheese toastie. Made  the mistake of feeding it to my pet rabbit. He died a horrible death.

i forgot how dangerous it was to them if you mix up ma toasties. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Mentioned this in the cheese thread but it’s worth repeating the warning. I like a ham toastie followed by a cheese toastie. Made  the mistake of feeding it to my pet rabbit. He died a horrible death.

:lol:

You get the upvote mostly for making me spend an embarrassing amount of time wondering who the fuck would feed a toastie to a rabbit and then consider googling it to see if it was a common cause of death....

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

:lol:

You get the upvote mostly for making me spend an embarrassing amount of time wondering who the fuck would feed a toastie to a rabbit and then consider googling it to see if it was a common cause of death....

Thank you, one of those stupid jokes that was told in a pub after a few drinks and started those mad infectious giggling fits. 

Gutted to hear some of the bad reviews for the gravy train. I'm a big fan of those boys. 

Can definitely recommend flying cow as well, they were at a fake festival I was working at over the weekend and their burgers were banging! lovely lads as well.

really looking forward to trying one of those soft shell crab burgers n all.

all about that peng munch at festivals 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

a common form of death in wales is Toasted welsh rarebit :) 

2 hours ago, Chris Wilders Moretti said:

Gutted to hear some of the bad reviews for the gravy train. I'm a big fan of those boys. 

Can definitely recommend flying cow as well, they were at a fake festival I was working at over the weekend and their burgers were banging! lovely lads as well.

really looking forward to trying one of those soft shell crab burgers n all.

all about that peng munch at festivals 

It seems until now I was their sole fan but welcome into the fold. I still bloody love them and will definitely go and get some if they are there. 

2 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

It's going to be my first one as a vegetarian. Festivals are probably the easiest place in the word to be a veggie though. Although, Bearded Theory ran out of most of their Veg/Vegan stuff by the Sunday this past weekend.

Shambala has been completely veggie for a few years now and it's really good. 

I'll be trying to eat veggie mostly, but I know after a few jars I won't be able to resist and end up with a dirty burger

We booked a roast down at the deluxe diner and rocket lounge this year for sunday. Quite pricey but now it's paid for im quite excited for a hangover roast and a bottle (box) of red before heading to Kylie. Location is a bit of a shitter i now realise given it's right down in the SE corner but i think it'll be just what i need on sunday

On 5/14/2019 at 3:19 PM, karaseen said:

I think it was this place: 

https://www.facebook.com/thecheesytoastshack 

I have messaged to see if they will be there again. If they respond I will let you know

They were at the top of the hill on the walk to Worthy View in 2017. Only available to WV campers. 

They were bloody delicious.