2021 Lineup

36 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I was thinking he would tbh, he seems to have lost a lot of momentum I suppose is the word, I think third would suit him better, especially coz it allows another sub to come on

He’s lost a lot of momentum in the world? The world has been at a stand still :lol: if he’s rebooked, he’s playing the same position. Also, why would he drop down and have Skepta slotted above him when Gerry is the bigger artist? 

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

He’s lost a lot of momentum in the world? The world has been at a stand still :lol: if he’s rebooked, he’s playing the same position. Also, why would he drop down and have Skepta slotted above him when Gerry is the bigger artist? 

Because I don’t think he is, under Liam Gallagher maybe because they attract the same fans base under either of the other headliners Skepta draws a bigger crowd

Just now, Gerard the Fab said:

Because I don’t think he is, under Liam Gallagher maybe because they attract the same fans base under either of the other headliners Skepta draws a bigger crowd

Gerry’s album got to number one and if this year hadn’t been put on hold he would’ve played a ton of massive summer gigs. The only reason you may think he’s stalled is because there’s nothing he could’ve possibly done to stay in the spotlight without being able to tour. He’ll definitely still be subbing and carry on just where he left off when things go back to normal and he can tour again. 

Love that we're so outraged at Cinnamon being dropped to third I didn't even notice the 30 Seconds to Mars co-headline shout, absolutely no thank you.

2021, I imagine, will largely be the same as this year's with a few changes. Can easily see Migos dropping off and assuming Rage are a no go:

Stormzy / Lewis Capaldi / Haim
Sam Fender / Dermot Kennedy

Liam Gallagher / Gerry Cinnamon / Two Door
Rex Orange County / Headie One

The Killers / Courteeners / IDLES
AJ Tracey / The Hunna

Is it too early to bring Mr Wilcox in for some info

4 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Love that we're so outraged at Cinnamon being dropped to third I didn't even notice the 30 Seconds to Mars co-headline shout, absolutely no thank you.

2021, I imagine, will largely be the same as this year's with a few changes. Can easily see Migos dropping off and assuming Rage are a no go:

Stormzy / Lewis Capaldi / Haim
Sam Fender / Dermot Kennedy

Liam Gallagher / Gerry Cinnamon / Two Door
Rex Orange County / Headie One

The Killers / Courteeners / IDLES
AJ Tracey / The Hunna

This is the most plausible I’ve seen I think, Killers is a good shout but I reckon we’d be looking at British artist, a Foals/Bring Me co headline maybe

11 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Is it too early to bring Mr Wilcox in for some info

This is the most plausible I’ve seen I think, Killers is a good shout but I reckon we’d be looking at British artist, a Foals/Bring Me co headline maybe

or maybe a Coldplay headline

45 minutes ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

I'd like to see your predictions guys...

Friday: Stormzy, Lewis Capaldi, Special Guest: Lizzo

R1: Nothing but Thieves

Saturday: Liam Gallagher, Gerry Cinnamon, Wolf Alice

R1: Fatboy Slim

Sunday: Red Hot Chili Peppers, Dua Lipa, Two Door Cinema Club

R1: Rex Orange County

40 minutes ago, jj200 said:

or maybe a Coldplay headline

There’s always the slimmest possibility that they could but it’s not happevening

31 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

Friday: Stormzy, Lewis Capaldi, Special Guest: Lizzo

R1: Nothing but Thieves

Saturday: Liam Gallagher, Gerry Cinnamon, Wolf Alice

R1: Fatboy Slim

Sunday: Red Hot Chili Peppers, Dua Lipa, Two Door Cinema Club

This is too optimistic imo

58 minutes ago, foolee said:

Fri
Main: Stormzy, Courteeners, Lewis Capaldi, All Time Low
R1: Sam Fender

Sat
Main: Liam Gallagher, Gerry Cinnamon, Two Door Cinema Club, Slowthai

Sun
Main: Bring Me The Horizon, Halsey, Idles, Yungblud
R1: AJ Tracey

Aside from BMTH and IDLES, that isn't great but thats the reality of what we are getting. Thinks its gonna be a festival of staying in camp and drinking with the odd act leathered to make it bearable.

10 minutes ago, WhoOdyssey said:

Circa Waves never seem to go long without releasing music lol, could they be back next year? 

I wouldn’t say they’ve got much bigger, maybe 4th or 5th down MS 

He’s an interesting one had the whole COVID not happened who dyou reckon would’ve headlined for next year

Im very tempted to say

MCR

Dave/Dua Lipa

P!ATD (if they would have new stuff), Biffy or the Strokes if not

also if we're debating on who could replace RATM if they're not returning i don't think The Killers, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and BMTH are that likely with The Killers doing a huge string of stadium shows in May (?) and Red Hot Chilli Peppers doing european festivals in early summer with no dates after early July, i'd also say (as much as i would love for it to happen) BMTH just aren't big enough ticket sellers to be booked with the festival being confident that it would sell.

i would like to throw The Strokes into the hat as they're in Europe at the time as they were set to play Sziget Festival that weekend (who often share acts with R&L), with them only playing two big outdoor shows in the UK since the last time they headlined they'd surely sell a bunch of day tickets with their own fans who've not had the chance to see them yet. you can argue that they're not big with the current audience that attend the festival but Last Nite, Someday and Under Cover of Darkness are surely more popular with the average attendee than Killing In The Name, Bulls on Parade and Guerrilla Radio are, yet RATM current obscurity in whats popular didn't stop them from getting booked

Stormzy

Liam

The Strokes

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

also if we're debating on who could replace RATM if they're not returning i don't think The Killers, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and BMTH are that likely with The Killers doing a huge string of stadium shows in May (?) and Red Hot Chilli Peppers doing european festivals in early summer with no dates after early July, i'd also say (as much as i would love for it to happen) BMTH just aren't big enough ticket sellers to be booked with the festival being confident that it would sell.

i would like to throw The Strokes into the hat as they're in Europe at the time as they were set to play Sziget Festival that weekend (who often share acts with R&L), with them only playing two big outdoor shows in the UK since the last time they headlined they'd surely sell a bunch of day tickets with their own fans who've not had the chance to see them yet. you can argue that they're not big with the current audience that attend the festival but Last Nite, Someday and Under Cover of Darkness are surely more popular with the average attendee than Killing In The Name, Bulls on Parade and Guerrilla Radio are, yet RATM current obscurity in whats popular didn't stop them from getting booked

Stormzy

Liam

The Strokes

I feel like there needs to be a "heavy rock" headliner. In the last six years, this has been Foos, Kings of Leon, Muse, Biffy, Metallica, QOTSA to fit this type. 

Strokes and Killers don't really fit that imo. Like Stormzy, Liam and one of them really won't pull any rock crowd to the festival, its too indie. 

That's why I could see Biffy/BMTH/QOTSA ending up coheading or someone like Muse surprising us. Thoughts?

3 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

I feel like there needs to be a "heavy rock" headliner. In the last six years, this has been Foos, Kings of Leon, Muse, Biffy, Metallica, QOTSA to fit this type. 

Strokes and Killers don't really fit that imo. Like Stormzy, Liam and one of them really won't pull any rock crowd to the festival, its too indie. 

That's why I could see Biffy/BMTH/QOTSA ending up coheading or someone like Muse surprising us. Thoughts?

That’s exactly what I think, doubt they’ll replace it with an indie artist unless it’s a massive pull like AM, or another Rap/Pop artist unless it’s Billie or Drake or someone

i think Bring Me the Biffy like was said for this year is a likely replacement, Foals have to be added into the conversation as well I think, but QOTSA would be good

12 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Neither Muse or KOL are heavy imo, defo not Muse of late.

12 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

i wouldn't fit Kings of Leon under the same bracket as RATM, Foos, Muse, Metallica etc. KOL definitely have more in common with The Strokes as they're a little less heavy than the others listed, that day isn't JUST heavy acts if we're going to categorise it by anything it is definitely 'dad rock day' which The Strokes definitely fit under now

13 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

i wouldn't fit Kings of Leon under the same bracket as RATM, Foos, Muse, Metallica etc. KOL definitely have more in common with The Strokes as they're a little less heavy than the others listed, that day isn't JUST heavy acts if we're going to categorise it by anything it is definitely 'dad rock day' which The Strokes definitely fit under now

Liam Gallagher already has that covered then. As you were.