2021 Lineup

what are these fatboy R1 headline shouts? sure he's doing the other stage but like glastonbury is a bit strange with him - he headlined dance in 2017 and has done nothing to get bumped up to R1 headline since then

43 minutes ago, gfa said:

what are these fatboy R1 headline shouts? sure he's doing the other stage but like glastonbury is a bit strange with him - he headlined dance in 2017 and has done nothing to get bumped up to R1 headline since then

I was thinking of being like a closing set, similar to the Knife Party one in 2015.

1 minute ago, TKOCF said:

I was thinking of being like a closing set, similar to the Knife Party one in 2015.

is that after the headliners right? if they can get permission then why don't they just do this every year

1 hour ago, gfa said:

is that after the headliners right? if they can get permission then why don't they just do this every year

It's after the R1 headliners, at the same time as main stage headliners.

For what it's worth, I think Fatboy could headline R1 easy. It'd be a weird one because, as you say, he hasn't done much in a long while but maybe it's the sort of booking that they could make fairly cheaply and benefit from the exposure of a big Glastonbury set to make returns on it.

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

For what it's worth, I think Fatboy could headline R1 easy. It'd be a weird one because, as you say, he hasn't done much in a long while but maybe it's the sort of booking that they could make fairly cheaply and benefit from the exposure of a big Glastonbury set to make returns on it.

I mean he’s bound to draw a crowd whoever he’s up against as well

10 hours ago, dentalplan said:

No reason not to to be fair.

Biffy for Bellahouston park glasto weekend. probably out the picture for reading now right - maybe glasto, download and bellahouston i reckon. perhaps finsbury park too/APE if its not moved to august

Edited by gfa

3 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

Rumours that QOTSA have entered the studio again due to a Jon Theodore Instagram story, it's all very loose at the moment though.

It could be something to do with Bright Eyes actually.

If it is QOTSA surely they’d have to be considered properly

8 minutes ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

I think that Reading will announce the majority of the main stage and the radio 1 headliners. This Friday, or on Monday or Tuesday. After the announcement coming out so late for 2020 edition.

Thoughts?

I think it would make sense to announce Friday as it's when the festival would have been and also BBC will be hyping all the sets on there.