2021 Lineup

46 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I’ve seen it, shared it a load as well because it’s just so good, only saw it because of you tho mate so cheers, fingers crossed they get top 40 will be a massive achievement 

Another note, did anyone get their Biffy tickets 

was a struggle but i managed to get tickets for liverpool! hopefully the gig actually goes ahead now as seeing them in a venue that size has been a dream

15 hours ago, metallimuse said:

Anyone with recommendations for debut indie/rock albums this year fire them this way please folks.

it's been out a couple months now but i enjoyed a lot of the songs off of Spacey Jane's debut album 'Sunlight' might be worth a listen if you're interested in the Australian music scene, there's a lot of good bands coming up from over there

2 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

If they come back to Reading soon idc if it’s like karaoke they better play old songs, I’m not going  to hum along to the Worlds First Ever Monster Truck Front Flip, I want to scream Dorothy was right tho at the top of my lungs and sing about Dandelion and Burdock

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

If they come back to Reading soon idc if it’s like karaoke they better play old songs, I’m not going  to hum along to the Worlds First Ever Monster Truck Front Flip, I want to scream Dorothy was right tho at the top of my lungs and sing about Dandelion and Burdock

Still pissed off they didn't play when the sun goes down when I saw them, it was my most placed song that year.

6 minutes ago, Aech said:

Still pissed off they didn't play when the sun goes down when I saw them, it was my most placed song that year.

their setlist for the TBHC tour was dreadful, think we got 2 songs from FWN and WPSIAM each, then AM in full. Its like the strokes except the strokes play their most popular album in full, AM don't play them at all! I wouldn't see them again unless it was at a festival with the current setlist honestly.

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

their setlist for the TBHC tour was dreadful, think we got 2 songs from FWN and WPSIAM each, then AM in full. Its like the strokes except the strokes play their most popular album in full, AM don't play them at all! I wouldn't see them again unless it was at a festival with the current setlist honestly.

I really don’t think AM are interested in playing their early music anymore, as proved by the Matt Helders interview.

Everytime I saw them play Dancefloor or View from the Afternoon on the TBHC tour,  they looked so bored/just going through the motions. 

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Ffs, quite honestly they top my list for want to see artists, but down to the fact that FWN and WPSIATWIN are two brilliant albums, AM as an album is really good too and would love to see that live but I feel like the crowd would put more into it than the band in that case. 
However I reckon for a festival the set list would be changed accordingly 

Why would they change their setlist so drastically to include more older material at festivals? I can’t see them doing that. If they don’t like playing the older stuff, they aren’t going to play the older stuff. 

Do people really want to hear them half-arse their way through Dancing Shoes, or play a plodding re-imagining of something off of FWN, or sing ‘You’re not from New York City, you’re from Rotherham’ in a faux-American accent?

I understand if you’ve never seen them before and you want to hear the old stuff but they aren’t that band anymore and AM will always dominate their set lists as it is their biggest album by far globally. 

I’m really interested what their set lists will look like going forward. A new album on top of AM, TBHC etc will severely restrict room for their old stuff.

I can see a few from Whatever People Say, FWN - a lot from AM, a couple from TBHC and lots of new material. But yeah I think some of the people that have never seen them before will be disappointed at the lack of “laaaaaaideeees”

38 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m really interested what their set lists will look like going forward. A new album on top of AM, TBHC etc will severely restrict room for their old stuff.

I can see a few from Whatever People Say, FWN - a lot from AM, a couple from TBHC and lots of new material. But yeah I think some of the people that have never seen them before will be disappointed at the lack of “laaaaaaideeees”

TBHC will barely survive and the new stuff will take its spaces from there,

I think it'll be:

WPS: 3, FWN: 4, Humbug: 2, SIAS: 1, AM: 5, TBHC: 1, new songs: 5/6

(for reference: TRNSMT 2018 was WPS: 3, FWN: 4, Humbug: 3, SIAS: 1, AM: 5, TBHC: 4)

If they had the balls to actually nuke the songs they hate from the setlist it would be a preferable:

WPS: 1, FWN: 1, Humbug: 2, SIAS: 2, AM: 5, TBHC: 5, new songs: 5/6

15 hours ago, TKOCF said:

I really don’t think AM are interested in playing their early music anymore, as proved by the Matt Helders interview.

Everytime I saw them play Dancefloor or View from the Afternoon on the TBHC tour,  they looked so bored/just going through the motions. 

Well aware was just saying its a shame.

12 minutes ago, Dukey said:

I can see Monkeys playing some of the lesser known old tracks moving forward - for example they played From the Ritz to the Rubble on their tour in 2018

As can I, the only three I reckon that will be nailed on are I bet you look good, Brianstorm and Fluorescent Adolescent

15 minutes ago, Dukey said:

I can see Monkeys playing some of the lesser known old tracks moving forward - for example they played From the Ritz to the Rubble on their tour in 2018

You say this but ritz has more streams than any SIAS song, all of humbug except cornerstone and crying lightning + all of tbhc except 4 stars out of five. I missed it on my night at the O2 and was gutted when they played it the night after as its up there for me.

47 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

TBHC will barely survive and the new stuff will take its spaces from there,

I think it'll be:

WPS: 3, FWN: 4, Humbug: 2, SIAS: 1, AM: 5, TBHC: 1, new songs: 5/6

(for reference: TRNSMT 2018 was WPS: 3, FWN: 4, Humbug: 3, SIAS: 1, AM: 5, TBHC: 4)

If they had the balls to actually nuke the songs they hate from the setlist it would be a preferable:

WPS: 1, FWN: 1, Humbug: 2, SIAS: 2, AM: 5, TBHC: 5, new songs: 5/6

Hopefully the prior, also i'd expect more AM than that honestly it felt like half the set on the TBHC tour was AM (at least at the O2)

-----

I reckon the sheffield shows at least could lean more towards the older stuff (can only hope) - based on how fluorescent adolescent was only played in sheffield on the 2018 tour.

Edited by gfa

1 minute ago, Gerard the Fab said:

As can I, the only three I reckon that will be nailed on are I bet you look good, Brianstorm and Fluorescent Adolescent

sorry for all these posts (can you quote into an existing post??) fluorescent adolescent was only played twice in 2018 at the sheffield shows. though if any festival was going to have the older songs back it would be R&L/glasto

43 minutes ago, gfa said:

You say this but ritz has more streams than any SIAS song, all of humbug except cornerstone and crying lightning + all of tbhc except 4 stars out of five. I missed it on my night at the O2 and was gutted when they played it the night after as its up there for me.

Hopefully the prior, also i'd expect more AM than that honestly it felt like half the set on the TBHC tour was AM (at least at the O2)

-----

I reckon the sheffield shows at least could lean more towards the older stuff (can only hope) - based on how fluorescent adolescent was only played in sheffield on the 2018 tour.

Yeah it’s one of my favourite tunes by them alongside Fake Tales which I was fortunate enough to see them play at Glasto ‘13

Edited by Dukey
  • Upvote 1