2021 Lineup

as anyone on last.fm can see I'm on a bit of a Radiohead slog, mostly because I love certain songs but never really listened to full albums, but shitting hell OK Computer and the Bends are exquisite. I would absolutely love to see them at Reading, but i dont hold out much hope

4 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

as anyone on last.fm can see I'm on a bit of a Radiohead slog, mostly because I love certain songs but never really listened to full albums, but shitting hell OK Computer and the Bends are exquisite. I would absolutely love to see them at Reading, but i dont hold out much hope

I'm not sure if they'd fit. I'd love for them to do it but I'm really not sure if they'd work with the current audience

12 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

They featured on the first release of names for the BBC’s coverage for next weekend when the festival was supposed to be, and if you look at the list, they look quite out of place amongst the other names. Similar to how Biffy featured in a load of the coverage for Download TV this year then got announced for next year. 

Probably grasping at straws as I’d love them to be back too, but I think they’re more likely to do their own shows as opposed to festivals.

17 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

The Bends is great! i've been wanting to see Radiohead live for a while now but they're probably one of the last bands i'd even consider to be booked for R&L they just don't seem like they'd appeal to the audience and would probably catch more flack than RATM did

No I don't think we'll see them either its incredibly wishful thinking, they'd draw a crowd but I'm sure it would be purely day tickets. Guess I've gotta hope they tour again soon, although i read somewhere they don't like playing songs like Karma Police, No Suprises, Creep and Paranoid Android live which would be a shame. 

Edit: theyre not my favourite songs of theirs but ones that are obviously massive and would be class live

Edited by Gerard the Fab

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Although i read somewhere they don't like playing songs like Karma Police, No Suprises, Creep and Paranoid Android live which would be a shame. 

Fans had a decent chance of hearing Paranoid Android during Radiohead's last tour. Looks like it was played at just over two thirds of their gigs. No Surprises and Karma Police not far behind. Agreed that they seem to swerve Creep. Or at least have done in the past. 

Idioteque has definitely one of their best live imo. 

Be sure to join the Radiohead thread in the Glastonbury section when new music/tours are announced. I don't see them playing at R&L again but who knows. I wouldn't have thought Rage Against The Machine would have been booked again but here we are.  

Apparently, they were booked for 2016, but pulled out because they thought it wasn't their scene. I think they agreed to do to it without really knowing the demographic.

They aren't gonna play again, and if they do, I'll travel from Leeds to Reading and back so I can see both sets, cause I love Radiohead.

1 hour ago, Miyn said:

Apparently, they were booked for 2016, but pulled out because they thought it wasn't their scene. I think they agreed to do to it without really knowing the demographic.

They aren't gonna play again, and if they do, I'll travel from Leeds to Reading and back so I can see both sets, cause I love Radiohead.

I thought it was because of the stage collapse thing and they refused to work with Festival Republic for a while

Now we’re dream but I’d be there in a heartbeat if they were announced.

After my contribution for albums of the year earlier and requests for next year, can we have Vistas?

Just heard the album this week and for me it’s debut of the year and so good I’m actually close to declaring it as up there with The Weeknd and Dua Lipa. It’s an incredible album.

11 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Now we’re dream but I’d be there in a heartbeat if they were announced.

After my contribution for albums of the year earlier and requests for next year, can we have Vistas?

Just heard the album this week and for me it’s debut of the year and so good I’m actually close to declaring it as up there with The Weeknd and Dua Lipa. It’s an incredible album.

It’s really good ennit, so much so I bought it on release after listening to it, and definitely should be back deserve a main stage slot imo

Just now, Gerard the Fab said:

It’s really good ennit, so much so I bought it on release after listening to it, and definitely should be back deserve a main stage slot imo

I can not fault it as a complete piece of work, it’s phenomenal from start to finish with not a bad song on it.

After my list and realising I’d not listened to much indie/rock this year made more of an effort in those genres and that was such a find.

Really enjoy Sports Team and Sea Girls albums as well but Vistas was just such a stand out.

Anyone with recommendations for debut indie/rock albums this year fire them this way please folks.

1 hour ago, metallimuse said:

I can not fault it as a complete piece of work, it’s phenomenal from start to finish with not a bad song on it.

After my list and realising I’d not listened to much indie/rock this year made more of an effort in those genres and that was such a find.

Really enjoy Sports Team and Sea Girls albums as well but Vistas was just such a stand out.

Anyone with recommendations for debut indie/rock albums this year fire them this way please folks.

As someone said on here Marsicians: Ursa Major blows Sea Girls away another exceptional start to finish album, had someone not recommended it I wouldn’t have listened but it’s no up there in my AOTY list

Love Vistas and their early singles and EPs are really good fun summer indie tracks but the album didn’t do too much for me. probably like a strong 6 if I’m rating it. Great fun live the couple times I’ve seen them though, would love an early main or mid R1 slot.

Edited by TheWaters

2 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

As someone said on here Marsicians: Ursa Major blows Sea Girls away another exceptional start to finish album, had someone not recommended it I wouldn’t have listened but it’s no up there in my AOTY list

Will give it a listen tomoz during work pal, ta for the recommendation.

13 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Thank @Hawky he put it on here

#1 on iTunes and #1 on Amazon music chart with a chance of being the only independent band with a debut album in the UK Top 40 albums chart. Find out tonight if they made it!

Marsicans - Ursa Major!

6 minutes ago, Hawky said:

#1 on iTunes and #1 on Amazon music chart with a chance of being the only independent band with a debut album in the UK Top 40 albums chart. Find out tonight if they made it!

Marsicans - Ursa Major!

I’ve seen it, shared it a load as well because it’s just so good, only saw it because of you tho mate so cheers, fingers crossed they get top 40 will be a massive achievement 

Another note, did anyone get their Biffy tickets