2021 Lineup

6 hours ago, Andre91 said:

30STM in 2011 was possibly the worst set I’ve ever seen at Leeds. It was terrible. 

Looking back it was pure Midsommar vibes.

To those who know, know. It felt like they were more focused on getting people on stage to “finger jared’s arsehole” than play any songs.

I can’t believe I used to like them

Edited by Matt42

33 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Looking back it was pure Midsommar vibes.

To those who know, know. It felt like they were more focused on getting people on stage to “finger jared’s arsehole” than play any songs.

I can’t believe I used to like them

Thanks for all adopting my term, I tuink someone should edit it onto his Wikipedia page now 😂😂

13 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Thanks for all adopting my term, I tuink someone should edit it onto his Wikipedia page now 😂😂

I’m being probably overly harsh but they need to make themselves less easy to make fun of as a band

Edited by Matt42

54 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m being probably overly harsh but they need to make themselves less easy to make fun of as a band

For all of those people who take the piss, there are still tonnes of people who love them to a freakish degree. They’ll never struggle selling tickets / albums. 

8 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

For all of those people who take the piss, there are still tonnes of people who love them to a freakish degree. They’ll never struggle selling tickets / albums. 

Can’t you make the argument though that pretty much every shit band has some kind of following.

I can’t see 30stm being booked at R&L again as they usually ask for high slots and I don’t think they are that trendy with R&L’s audience anymore. They aren’t in the same boat as FOB or Panic as FOB and Panic have had some pretty big crossovers into pop radio in the last few years.

Praying that the QOTSA coverage means they'll be drafted into replace RATM.

I keep overthinking the idea of there being parallels from the DL changes, but QOTSA for RATM is sorta similar lines to Maiden for Biffy, if RATM aren't around till autumn as has been suggested.

Stormzy, LG, QOTSA would be fantastic in my opinion.

1 hour ago, R Shah said:

Praying that the QOTSA coverage means they'll be drafted into replace RATM.

I keep overthinking the idea of there being parallels from the DL changes, but QOTSA for RATM is sorta similar lines to Maiden for Biffy, if RATM aren't around till autumn as has been suggested.

Stormzy, LG, QOTSA would be fantastic in my opinion.

Definitely overthinking.

I do think Queens could probably come out of hiatus to do shows if the festivals that lost Rage club together for one band as they are just that type of band, but with no new material it'll just be a set four years on from a largely forgettable album.

9 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Can’t you make the argument though that pretty much every shit band has some kind of following.

I can’t see 30stm being booked at R&L again as they usually ask for high slots and I don’t think they are that trendy with R&L’s audience anymore. They aren’t in the same boat as FOB or Panic as FOB and Panic have had some pretty big crossovers into pop radio in the last few years.

Yeah but Mars don’t just have ‘some kind of following‘, they sell out arenas every time they come over here, even on their most recent tour. Their fans are obsessive. 

They likely won’t play R&L again so we don’t have to worry about them. 

Edited by Andre91

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Definitely overthinking.

I do think Queens could probably come out of hiatus to do shows if the festivals that lost Rage club together for one band as they are just that type of band, but with no new material it'll just be a set four years on from a largely forgettable album.

I quite liked Villians honestly

I don’t think that R&L needs to book another heavy band to replace RATM. In fact, a non-heavy band would almost certainly go down better going by the apathy RATM was largely met with on social media when they were announced. A rapper or big indie band would go down better than Rage and fit in with the rest of the Main Stage on that day (if that lineup stays similar). 

*RAPPER / INDIE BAND* / Courteeners / IDLES / Slowthai / Tom Grennan / Lady Leshurr / The Subways / ??? / ??? 

I liked 30stm until Download 2013. 

Their album in 2009 was fantastic imo and I was seeing them for the second time (caught them at Leeds) I rejected the idea that it was all about Leto and often defended them. Then it happened.

They took to the stage with screens behind each guitarist and under the drummer's platform which displayed their twitter handles all show and Leto's demeanor on stage could be likened to that of Joseph Seed (retrospectively, of course) 

Once I got home, I learnt they had a new album out and out of intrigue I listened to half of it. 

I would not watch them again. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I don’t think that R&L needs to book another heavy band to replace RATM. In fact, a non-heavy band would almost certainly go down better going by the apathy RATM was largely met with on social media when they were announced. A rapper or big indie band would go down better than Rage and fit in with the rest of the Main Stage on that day (if that lineup stays similar). 

Arctic Monkeys / Courteeners / IDLES / Slowthai / Tom Grennan / Lady Leshurr / The Subways / Marsicians / Some Random weird stage opener 

Fixed it

Edit: I think a more recent heavier band would go down better, Rage last released an album in 1999, many festival goers will only have heard them through their parents or random snippets of songs they’ll only recognise when played to them. A band like MCR, Muse or Foos from last year have all released stuff that these people will have heard on the radio etc. But at the end of the day the Sunday headline slot is the one where many younger people are off their heads and don’t really care, as long as their is someone else up against whoever it is they can book someone to please the older crowd. Insert Pearl Jam here

Edited by Gerard the Fab

1 hour ago, 1986 said:

Whenever 30STM get brought up I always have to bring up this cringe fest of a video;

Sure plenty have seen it but I can't get over it all these years later.

6 minutes and 22 seconds I’m never getting back, and who needs credits for a tour announcement video

I say that like MCRs tour announcement wasn’t the most expensive ever or summin, but then it was 13 minutes of exceptional drama not just videos of shows

Edited by Gerard the Fab

I agree with most on here, This Is War is a great album. I saw them in late 2010 with support from Enter Shikari, which was a fantastic show.

Then Download 2013, with everyone waiting for Rammstein's first ever Download show, had to sit through the drummer on one far side of the stage, the keyboard player on the other far side, and Jared Leto prancing about with a Union Jack. 

I remember him saying something like "we camp in the fields with you" then learning after the festival about the backstage pass nonsense and him being physically carried to the stage.

I definitely think the Far Cry 5 antagonist was somewhat based on him.

1 minute ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Skiley is the best i've found if you're looking for your rankings of artists and songs

Cheers I’ve just looked at Last FM as well which is the same thing I expect apart from rather than listening to an artist you “scrobble” them

• Like 1