2021 Lineup

33 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The last two are on hiatus and Guns are doing stadiums earlier in summer. They're all pretty unlikely.

Oh wow right ok, guess Muse then, I don’t think a co headline would be big enough to fill it

12 hours ago, Jericode said:

Muse back would be underwhelming, last album did nothing for me.

I mean Drones was shit imo, Physco and Dead Inside were decent but the rest are poor, I like the new one the songs are catchy Dig Down and Algorithm especially, but even tho I love them there are probably more exciting bookings that we’ve been waiting longer for

Rage in doubt? They should bring in a similar kind of band to replace them. Trying to think who. A four piece hard rock/alternative metal band from Los Angeles, who broke through in the 90s, who have a tendency to play their songs in drop D tuning and possibly even be a band who have a bit of history of a relationship with Rage, maybe one whose singer has appeared on one of their songs in the past, or one who even has members who went to school with Tom Morello.

Nah. Can't think of anyone.

40 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I think they’ll be on the Main Stage next time they play. 

Also, based on absolutely nothing, Metallica for 2021. 

Hopefully if it is Metallica they will have a rock undercard like in 2015 but with Enter Shikari, Architects, Idles, Neck Deep, Skindred, Employed To Serve 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, VCK said:

Rage in doubt? They should bring in a similar kind of band to replace them. Trying to think who. A four piece hard rock/alternative metal band from Los Angeles, who broke through in the 90s, who have a tendency to play their songs in drop D tuning and possibly even be a band who have a bit of history of a relationship with Rage, maybe one whose singer has appeared on one of their songs in the past, or one who even has members who went to school with Tom Morello.

Nah. Can't think of anyone.

Not sure how drunk GCSE-celebrating kids would react to Tool, though I would love it

56 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

Circa Waves have just self confirmed on their Instagram for next year.

Saw that and Reading put it on their story as well, all becoming very active all of a sudden, some advertising for the BBC weekend but can't help but feel with LG and Circa Waves confirming that an announcement is imminent

27 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Not sure how drunk GCSE-celebrating kids would react to Tool, though I would love it

They would go down like a lead balloon sorry, at least Rage have songs like Killing in the Name and Testify which are pretty big, Tool don't really

Also was going to say do we think most of R1 will stay the same, IDLES will probably(should) be pushed to Main, Declan Mckenna could play higher imo, the Hunna arent big enough to be pushed up to sub AJ Tracey and feel like all 3 headliners could be replaced, reckon Fenders a shout for 4th down main instead.

Ideally Glass Animals and Brockhampton for Fender and AJ, with Fender going MS and Glass Animals up against LG, but I'm highly speculating

• Upvote 1

With Muse being about next year, they seem like a pretty easy replacement if RATM aren’t going to make it. They’re a reliable booking who always go down well. 

Stormzy / Lewis Capaldi / Two Door Cinema Club / All Time Low / Mabel 

Sam Fender 

Liam Gallagher / Gerry Cinnamon / DMA’s / D-Block Europe / Aitch 

Rex Orange County 

Muse / Courteeners / IDLES / Slowthai / Tom Grennan 

AJ Tracey 

I reckon you’d be able to see the festival sites from space on that Saturday with that run from DMA’s - LG with the amount of flares that’d be going off. 

Edited by Andre91

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

If Muse are about next year, they seem like a pretty easy replacement if RATM aren’t going to make it. They’re a reliable booking who always go down well. 

Stormzy / Lewis Capaldi / Two Door Cinema Club / All Time Low / Mabel 

Sam Fender 

Liam Gallagher / Gerry Cinnamon / DMA’s / D-Block Europe / Aitch 

Rex Orange County 

Muse / Courteeners / IDLES / Slowthai / Tom Grennan 

AJ Tracey 

I reckon you’d be able to see the festival sites from space on that Saturday with that run from DMA’s - LG with the amount of flares that’d be going off. 

Honestly thinking there will be barely any changes? Idk why but I thought we'd get a few switches as artists decide to write again or something.

Does anyone if Reading have like a long term plan as such, like they go in the next 3 years we want X,Y and Z to headline or is it just whoever is available

3 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Honestly thinking there will be barely any changes? Idk why but I thought we'd get a few switches as artists decide to write again or something.

Does anyone if Reading have like a long term plan as such, like they go in the next 3 years we want X,Y and Z to headline or is it just whoever is available

I don’t think there will too many high profile changes. There hasn’t really been many at other festivals who have announced already so I don’t see why R&L would be any different. 

Just now, Andre91 said:

I don’t think there will too many high profile changes. There hasn’t really been many at other festivals who have announced already so I don’t see why R&L would be any different. 

True point, maybe it was more hope than expectation. Maybe lower down stages and hopefully they decide to chuck a few more guitar bands on the MS, ideally Vistas and Marsicans who both deserve a go. However you've also got to think that many smaller bands/artists who would not have played this year will put music out and surely be pushing for a place.