2021 Lineup

Is it Christmas already? 

The two bands that inspired my handle are now both in discussion to play next year?

There may be an argument in the Metallimuse household though as if it's Metallica Mrs Metallimuse will be pushing to go the Liam day😒

She knows better than to give me an ultimatum when it comes to Muse though 🤣

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, gfa said:

Does everyone think we're gonna get a poster or something like this which was used up until 2017

image.thumb.png.50af9048371e523c3ed3064e7750793e.png

I’m assuming we’ll get something like this unless it’s exactly the same as it was meant to be this year 

C20FB35C-B80D-41DA-8111-F87F8143C752.jpeg

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I’m assuming we’ll get something like this unless it’s exactly the same as it was meant to be this year 

C20FB35C-B80D-41DA-8111-F87F8143C752.jpeg

I meant with Liam self confirming and circa waves so they probably won't want to give the whole lineup away already

It’s going to be as much of this year’s lineup as they can possibly re-book, the same as every other festival. We don’t need Dan Wilcox to come on to tell us that. 

I also think that, like most other festivals, they will put out as much of the lineup as they can at this point. I should think they’ll definitely put out everyone they’ve managed to re-book (which will likely be most of the lineup). 

Edited by Andre91

Neil on Glastonbury Headliners thread has said he has been told Muse, Arctic Monkeys and Florence and the Machine could be headlining Glastonbury. If so no Muse for this. It'll be BMTH or some UK band and be an uninspired lineup. I dont care I wanna be in Leeds next August.

6 hours ago, Andre91 said:

With Muse being about next year, they seem like a pretty easy replacement if RATM aren’t going to make it. They’re a reliable booking who always go down well. 

Stormzy / Lewis Capaldi / Two Door Cinema Club / All Time Low / Mabel 

Sam Fender 

Liam Gallagher / Gerry Cinnamon / DMA’s / D-Block Europe / Aitch 

Rex Orange County 

Muse / Courteeners / IDLES / Slowthai / Tom Grennan 

AJ Tracey 

I reckon you’d be able to see the festival sites from space on that Saturday with that run from DMA’s - LG with the amount of flares that’d be going off. 

How do we know Muse are about next year? 

Otherwise, completely agree with all of the above - Muse are a very logical replacement.

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

It’s going to be as much of this year’s lineup as they can possibly re-book, the same as every other festival. We don’t need Dan Wilcox to come on to tell us that. 

I was only going to ask when it is, ik it’ll be arguably the same as this year

3 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Neil on Glastonbury Headliners thread has said he has been told Muse, Arctic Monkeys and Florence and the Machine could be headlining Glastonbury. If so no Muse for this. It'll be BMTH or some UK band and be an uninspired lineup. I dont care I wanna be in Leeds next August.

Is Glastonbury not going to carry over its headliners again 

37 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I was only going to ask when it is, ik it’ll be arguably the same as this year

Is Glastonbury not going to carry over its headliners again 

No Taylor and Kendrick arent touring next year. Macca hinted he may but health could rule him out

5 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I see is all of that a bad thing or are people happy?

Nah, would of been a great trio, for myself to see Kendrick headline the pyramid would have been sensational. AM are a band me and my mate love and have an affinity with so seeing them together would be a dream. I will happily see Muse again and probably go elsewhere for Florence, see how I feel. Biffy should be playing and would headline Other Stage against her so Muse//AM//Biffy would be insane.

Just now, Alex Winstone said:

I think the speical guest will be Liam Gallagher playing a couple of songs and then annoucing he's headlining next year

God I hope not, I hope it’s highlights off the GnR set from 2010, probably only about half an hour there anyways

I’m really impressed and pleased with what they’ve got scheduled. I’ll be tuning it every day for sure. This weekend is looking a whole lot better :) 

As much as I like to sometimes moan about R&L, I still love this festival more than any other. This year would have been my 11th festival in a row and whilst this year’s lineup is the weakest I can remember for my own tastes, there was still enough to get me excited and enough stuff I can’t see anywhere else I go. That’s what is still so great about this festival. 

Much like Download, I’m not overly bothered who plays R&L in 2021, I’ll be going regardless to make up for lost time. 

Enjoy this weekend of footage, everyone :)  

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’m really impressed and pleased with what they’ve got scheduled. I’ll be tuning it every day for sure. This weekend is looking a whole lot better :) 

As much as I like to sometimes moan about R&L, I still love this festival more than any other. This year would have been my 11th festival in a row and whilst this year’s lineup is the weakest I can remember for my own tastes, there was still enough to get me excited and enough stuff I can’t see anywhere else I go. That’s what is still so great about this festival. 

Much like Download, I’m not overly bothered who plays R&L in 2021, I’ll be going regardless to make up for lost time. 

Enjoy this weekend of footage, everyone :)  

Would have been my 11th year in a row also mate I love this festival with a passion regardless of any slight line up contraversies I'll always go. I love the festival and love Leeds and everything about it and although BBC have put together a cracking schedule for us this weekend it still gets me down that I won't be flying over tomorrow morning from Ireland to that beautiful yorkshire country side to celebrate the best weekend of the year 🤟. Let's hope this time next year we all will be and all this shit will be over. 

Edited by Rhcp1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/25/2020 at 8:15 PM, Gerard the Fab said:

At the moment IF Rage are being replaced is it GnR, QOTSA and Paramore you’d be saying as most likely replacements 

Won’t be surprised if they just scrap having a heavier headliner. Biffy are at Downlaod, QOTSA don’t seem to be about, Paramore aren’t about because Hayley is touring solo. Guns are doing stadiums so won’t be doing R&L. No chance of Tool.

Also Muse seem to be on the June festival circuit, which may indicate Glastonbury. AM are supposedly doing Northern shows + Glastonbury.

Dunno who is up for R&L. I’m leaning towards Chillis, but aren’t their Euro shows in June?

The Killers are doing stadiums so I doubt it’s them.

Really can’t think of who might be in the frame for R&L. What about Kings of Leon? What are they doing?

19 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Won’t be surprised if they just scrap having a heavier headliner. Biffy are at Downlaod, QOTSA don’t seem to be about, Paramore aren’t about because Hayley is touring solo. Guns are doing stadiums so won’t be doing R&L. No chance of Tool.

Also Muse seem to be on the June festival circuit, which may indicate Glastonbury. AM are supposedly doing Northern shows + Glastonbury.

Dunno who is up for R&L. I’m leaning towards Chillis, but aren’t their Euro shows in June?

The Killers are doing stadiums so I doubt it’s them.

Really can’t think of who might be in the frame for R&L. What about Kings of Leon? What are they doing?

I know next year will see a lot of festivals struggling to throw together lineups, but KOL only did it in 2018 so I doubt they’ll be back. 

Muse only did it a year earlier but I’d say they’re a better bet for this regardless of their current touring plans not lining up, and they’d go down very well. 

I don’t see them binning off a rock headliner altogether - it would completely change the festival and lose a lot of loyal fans. Even if it eventually goes the way of two non-rock headliners to one, there’ll always be one there.