2021 Lineup

29 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Haha yes! First thing I'm doing when I arrive for my day at Leeds is having a stroll around to find the (likely) one bar on site that sells it, and then tactically going there between bands! 

Yeah, I try to get my beer from the Danish Quarter whenever I can as the Export is always there.

Is there anyone in the entire festival that actually says ‘oohhh, Tuborg, my favourite’

54 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Yeah, I try to get my beer from the Danish Quarter whenever I can as the Export is always there.

A good time is always have in the Danish too. And if you're lucky you might get some shade!

They do the funky cider flavours in there too. Keeps the Mrs happy

20 minutes ago, K2001 said:

F14790D1-17D0-4FAE-B8BC-31F9C58C4873.thumb.jpeg.b74438112a7f4348d4db6ede4dbe7efa.jpegJust seen this posted online, bad quality but surely with the placement would mean the other one is where radio 1 was? 

if the other stage is where radio 1 was, how is the no clash thing gonna work? gonna have to sprint between stages. the whole idea seems pretty silly to me

11 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

if the other stage is where radio 1 was, how is the no clash thing gonna work? gonna have to sprint between stages. the whole idea seems pretty silly to me

Exactly my thinking, I feel like advertising no clashes is a bit ridiculous if you’ve got no chance of properly seeing consecutive acts. But I guess it would still technically be no clashes

The closer we get to the festival the more I realise how much i’m gonna miss the radio 1 and how much i’m not keen on the two main stages. Interested to see how it works this year and for them to trial it but if it isn’t great I really hope they bring back the R1 next year 

• Upvote 7

I love the Radio 1 tent so much. You often forget it's daylight until you step back outside. Sound, lighting, viewing points all excellent. Have had so many of my all-time favourite festival moments in that tent.

I understand the reasons behind the changes but do hope they U-turn next year.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

I love the Radio 1 tent so much. You often forget it's daylight until you step back outside. Sound, lighting, viewing points all excellent. Have had so many of my all-time favourite festival moments in that tent.

I understand the reasons behind the changes but do hope they U-turn next year.

An account with a National album as it’s pfp and an account with a National song as a username both opposing the second main stage. Clearly R&L need to book The National to headline the R1 in 2022 imo 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

Right, this was my exact thought process when we got the news from RandLMill a while back, there is no possibility without missing starts/ends of sets to see both acts simultaneously 

26 minutes ago, nathanh said:

Right, this was my exact thought process when we got the news from RandLMill a while back, there is no possibility without missing starts/ends of sets to see both acts simultaneously 

I might be being stupid, but won’t there be like a 10-15 min gap between them? 

56 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

The closer we get to the festival the more I realise how much i’m gonna miss the radio 1 and how much i’m not keen on the two main stages. Interested to see how it works this year and for them to trial it but if it isn’t great I really hope they bring back the R1 next year 

Just think it is the radio 1 stage but outdoors.

1 hour ago, Tom Connolly said:

Are there really that many back to back acts you want to see on the main stages to see it as that much of an issue?

Edited by m4tt

12 minutes ago, m4tt said:

Are there really that many back to back acts you want to see on the main stages to see it as that much of an issue?

There will be plenty of people, myself included, who have many, many back to back acts they want to see. 

Regardless of whether this is the case, it is an issue if the stages are too far apart. Advertising no clashes and then having the Main Stages more than a couple of minutes walk away from each other defeats the object of no clashes. You’re going to have tens of thousands of people migrating across the arena between every set. 

I maintain that side-by-side stages would have worked better. 

2 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

Its really not that far - bigger issue is bar queues i reckon although from memory the queues are never too bad as barely anyone is 18 haha.

definitely miss the R1 tent - leaves a lot of mid level acts without a suitable stage in my opinion- if they don’t have a fad hit or blow up just before the festival then they will be like 2pm on the main stage with no crowd or clashing with main stage headliners in FR/Dance/1xtra. Also completely stops them booking say Pendulum who are too big to headline dance but would be shit mid-main stage in the day, same for like Bicep too and lots of other dance acts given how much DNB etc is growing

Edited by gfa

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

There will be plenty of people, myself included, who have many, many back to back acts they want to see. 

Regardless of whether this is the case, it is an issue if the stages are too far apart. Advertising no clashes and then having the Main Stages more than a couple of minutes walk away from each other defeats the object of no clashes. You’re going to have tens of thousands of people migrating across the arena between every set. 

I maintain that side-by-side stages would have worked better. 

Fair enough. On the plus side, consider yourself lucky the line up is to your taste and you have lots of back to backs. 

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

Same here, more so perhaps the loss of the additional FR/ Pit stage.

Overall its a massive loss of choice for in reality no great additional quality, we're at least 12-16 acts or so down a day and the loss of exposure to new bands will no doubt be felt down the line

53 minutes ago, thetime said:

Just think it is the radio 1 stage but outdoors.

It will be interesting to see what it looks like look and feel wise, if it is much smaller than the standard mainstage, then the talk of '6 headliners' will indeed be balls, there will clearly be and A and B team feel to it.

The more I think about it the more I think its really not going to be popular at all. There's loads of casual types who just camp in the same spot all day in front of the mainstage. The constant migration will be an utter pain in the arse when pretty much the whole festival is going end to end every hour.