2021 Lineup

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

People in America love The Smiths. People in America don’t know who Oasis are. 

As someone who lives in America, I’d say Oasis are bigger. 

neither would be filling stadiums nationwide any time soon

I seem to remember both of them being talked about in US movies/shows so I had a look at their US albums sales. The Smiths have only ever had their albums go gold in ‘merica whilst Oasis have had a couple of platinum albums including one selling over 4 million. This was 20+ years ago though so fuck knows in terms of relevancy today.

At least we can all agree on that both Oasis and The Smiths are terrible bands. 😜

27 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

Interesting, the lack of scaffolding adjacent to the stage here is making me think the other main stage is where the R1 used to be.

Yup. There’s no chance they can fit another main stage in at the east end if they’re using the 2019 main stage, which that looks very much like

13 hours ago, TownNation said:

That’s the only thing - how many positive tests / results are going to come out of this.

thankfully, I’m in the guest area and have also bring double vaccinated so I’ve done what I can before the festival. And I understand those who aren’t vaccinated etc. I don’t judge 😅 but it’s how many positive results come out after the festival which in turn this is the biggest event with it being full capacity with people all over the place

I’m excited for the festival but scared about the aftermath, if that makes sense. 

Honestly the numbers the couple of weeks after this will go mental in line with schools going back. I think just enjoy these few weeks for the unexpected gifts they are to be honest...

7 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Honestly the numbers the couple of weeks after this will go mental in line with schools going back. I think just enjoy these few weeks for the unexpected gifts they are to be honest...

That’s the way my friend honestly. Have to enjoy while we can!

3 hours ago, Darberry said:

Been watching some LG sets on YouTube and they're so much better with Bonehead. Do we reckon he'll be joining Liam for R&L?

Better in what way. I think even Bonehead admits he’s at best an average guitarist. 

Playing rythym guitar for Oasis is not much of a task

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Darberry said:

Been watching some LG sets on YouTube and they're so much better with Bonehead. Do we reckon he'll be joining Liam for R&L?

Maybe but it's also possible the gigs that seem better are because they're the bigger, more special ones where he brings him on. I noticed he tended to do it in Manchester or at bigger festivals. Definitely not out the question especially as it's his first gigs in so long 

Drove past the Reading festival site this morning, almost liked there was a main stage at a 45 degree angle facing sorta into the arena from where the old toilets next to the FR are. Might be misreading the whole stage layout tho

Its in the usual spot looking at the photos, although could be slightly north and angled, would make sense if theyre sticking the other one in the opposite corner

Looking at this though its deffo just in the standard orianetation I think

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSPfWK0oryp/

I reckon the 2nd 'main stage' will be the one they use at Lattitude

Edited by Benj

22 hours ago, Darberry said:

100%, biggest show Liam has ever done solo and first show back

2 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Feel like it was covered a few pages back but couldn’t find it, what time do you start getting let in on the wednesday? ticket says 6pm onwards but was just wondering if they tend to open it up early at reading 

opens around 12-2pm generally, planning to rock up around midday myself

43 minutes ago, Benj said:

Its in the usual spot looking at the photos, although could be slightly north and angled, would make sense if theyre sticking the other one in the opposite corner

Looking at this though its deffo just in the standard orianetation I think

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSPfWK0oryp/

I reckon the 2nd 'main stage' will be the one they use at Lattitude

The Latitude one is tiny versus Reading main stage, i reckon it could be the one from Wireless/Community - far bigger than Latitude’s

12 minutes ago, gfa said:

The Latitude one is tiny versus Reading main stage, i reckon it could be the one from Wireless/Community - far bigger than Latitude’s

I think Wireless uses the same stage as Reading (based on photos (below), never been)

Depends on how many they have I guess. Prob doesnt cost too much to build another once you have one built

54251_lg.jpgEnterShikariStripes808693_55832.jpg

11 hours ago, Benj said:

I think Wireless uses the same stage as Reading (based on photos (below), never been)

Depends on how many they have I guess. Prob doesnt cost too much to build another once you have one built

54251_lg.jpgEnterShikariStripes808693_55832.jpg

Ah yeah my bad, they must have one thats inbetween the Latitude and Reading one as i don’t think Latitude’s would cut it to be honest (although im sure they would be happy to save the money)

17 hours ago, cabbagebath said:

Anyone know if they’re doing the carlsberg cans this year ? 
Also when is the app usually updated with everything?

Sadly Carlsberg are the beer provider again this year. No doubt they'll have a tent selling cold crates. I haven't seen the usual "pre-order a cold crate" thing though this year.

The app usually gets bands in the "Discover" section shortly after they're announced. I understand why they've taken their time this year, but you'd think they'd have them in by now. Stuff like the schedule is usually quite last minute i think.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, cabbagebath said:

Anyone know if they’re doing the carlsberg cans this year ? 
Also when is the app usually updated with everything?

57 minutes ago, m4tt said:

Sadly Carlsberg are the beer provider again this year. No doubt they'll have a tent selling cold crates. I haven't seen the usual "pre-order a cold crate" thing though this year.

The app usually gets bands in the "Discover" section shortly after they're announced. I understand why they've taken their time this year, but you'd think they'd have them in by now. Stuff like the schedule is usually quite last minute i think.

Should have them at Co-op presumably? Last time there were loads of cold cans there, including Export which is much nicer