2021 Lineup

13 hours ago, Fenderguit said:

Music aside whats the difference between wireless and reading, what would be the benifits of each?

You have to pay so much more money on hotels at Wireless. R&L is also a better atmosphere having talked to people who have been to both, you also get the added bonus of an extra day (Thursday), silent disco and at Leeds they have Piccadilly I think it’s called. 
Wireless also has no variation, it’s all rap, grime, drill etc. At R&L you will get all of those but you also get your indie bands who you’ll know a few songs off, some rock bands if you know any etc. If you eventually get bored of rap and stuff (which is bound to happen coz it’s pretty shit imo) then you have the other artists to see but also a campsite to go back to if you’re feeling under the weather

On 10/26/2020 at 4:34 PM, Fenderguit said:

What would you say to people saying they only like rap? Still worth it even if you dont enjoy the music?

There’s litterally a rap Stage in addition to a tonne of it elsewhere on the lineup

if you could have four acts from last year and four completely new acts announced, who are you going for? feel like this question gets asked a lot in here but peoples music obsessions change so frequently and it also gives us something to talk about when things are so quiet.

2020 Acts: Inhaler, Denzel Curry, JPEGMAFIA, Beabadoobee

New Acts: Sticky Fingers, Tyler The Creator, Clairo, Loyle Carner

On 10/26/2020 at 7:08 PM, Fenderguit said:

Me and my mate want to go reading. Trying to convince two others to go but they say it's not worth the money  We are all 16, how fun is it and is it worth the money even if your not into all the music 

Honestly, I wouldn't risk it at the moment

I know that someone mentioned that there is a rap stage, but we don't know what the stage set up is going to be like for 2021, or if the event will even go ahead

You would think that it'd be a dead cert to get your money back, but it's possible that if restrictions are still in place by next summer that the whole operation could go under which means you and your friends losing out

If you want to go to see a particular act I'd say buy a day ticket but wait until live events start happening again before you make a commitment

2 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

if you could have four acts from last year and four completely new acts announced, who are you going for? feel like this question gets asked a lot in here but peoples music obsessions change so frequently and it also gives us something to talk about when things are so quiet.

2020: Rage against the Machine, Rage against the Machine, Rage against the Machine & Rage against the Machine

New Acts: Just anyone that isn’t the Wombats or Post Malone again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

2020: Rage, IDLES, All Time Low, Sam Fender

New Acts: Ima be cheeky and same Tame Impala, but then Enter Shikari, Glass Animals and Nothing But Thieves

15 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Black Peaks, Ho99o9, Holding Absence, Mahalia.

Metz, Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs, Sinead O Brien, Touché Amoré. 

On 10/24/2020 at 5:16 PM, Andre91 said:

Yeah but he is just so irritating isn’t he. From his facial expressions to his demeanour, he’s like a mixture of that kid in every school who tries really hard to be alternative and your stereotypical drama student who is just annoyingly over the top all the time. 

I did think fair play to him for getting so big so quickly but then I watched an interview with him last week where he told a story about how his Dad took him to Download when he was 11 and he ‘somehow ended up backstage with all the rockstars’, so I Googled his Dad and turns out he used to be in T-Rex, so that might be why he suddenly came out of nowhere and has been everywhere for the last couple of years. It reminded me of that awful band Dead! from a few years ago who were similarly shoved down everyone’s throats by the rock press because one of their Dads was in the Sex Pistols or something. 

His features on those two songs are great but find his own music to be crap. 

It's actually that his grandfather was a touring member of T.Rex in the 70s (doesn't even feature on their wikipedia page), so not exactly Marc Bolan.

39 minutes ago, Dim Sum said:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it but Gorillaz literally end there tour of Song machine on August 11th the only place I can see them is subbing Would be a good booking though 

They headlined Glasto in 2010 and have only got bigger since. Also if Catfish are headlining there is no way they are subbing with two mainstages.

50 minutes ago, Dim Sum said:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it but Gorillaz literally end there tour of Song machine on August 11th the only place I can see them is subbing Would be a good booking though 

Yh Gorillaz are a headliner or nothing, would be a class secret set

I kind of get why they didn’t due to all the guest features etc, but I do wonder why BMTH didn’t just flesh this release out with like two more songs and make it in to a proper album as the material is obviously strong enough and it feels like it’s gonna lose some exposure by just being promoted as an ‘EP’. 

Interested to hear the material on these other EPs anyway if they didn’t feel like it’d fit on this release.

Edited by FloorFiller

16 hours ago, jEEF said:

Opinions on the new BMTH record?

I believe the term the kids use is "it slaps".

Listened to it on repeat for 2 hours and it's great. Except, sorry @Dukey, the Amy Lee track which seems distinctly average to me. I have gone back to listen to Evanescence's debut album to get some more Amy Lee though, her voice is cracking.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, metallimuse said:

I believe the term the kids use is "it slaps".

Listened to it on repeat for 2 hours and it's great. Except, sorry @Dukey, the Amy Lee track which seems distinctly average to me. I have gone back to listen to Evanescence's debut album to get some more Amy Lee though, her voice is cracking.

That song is the only negative on the album for me but that’s probably just because I cannot stand Amy’s voice. Proper nails down a chalkboard stuff.