Foals

RarerThanDandyB

33 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

First potential setlist of the new era. I like it a lot and can really suit their Glasto headline set. 

PROVIDENCE! 

IMG_20220413_135133.jpg

Feels a little light to me. I think they were touring 18 on the last record tour. Hoping for a couple more from ENSWBL Pt 1. 

23 minutes ago, George1399 said:

Surely they play RSP and Cassius at Glasto....

They almost never play Cassius. Think they might’ve rolled it out when they headlined Reading and Leeds all those years ago and maybe a couple more outings, but largely it’s been left off since the Holy Fire days. 

Tbh I wouldn’t be averse to them dropping one or two Antidotes songs as some of them have been stapes since it’s release. Got plenty of other stuff now that I’d like to see played instead.

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

They almost never play Cassius. Think they might’ve rolled it out when they headlined Reading and Leeds all those years ago and maybe a couple more outings, but largely it’s been left off since the Holy Fire days. 

Tbh I wouldn’t be averse to them dropping one or two Antidotes songs as some of them have been stapes since it’s release. Got plenty of other stuff now that I’d like to see played instead.

I think thats something we will see. If they are heading the Other stage on the friday like predicted there will be a good few more songs than just the 15 on that list.  We will get Sunday again as the song was written with Glasto in mind (so they said in 2019) 

37 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

True you're right they don't do it very frequently, got myself confused as when I saw them at Truck they played Olympic Airways, RSP, Hummer and Two Steps so felt like a lot of Antidotes for a set.

They have such a range of songs that sound mega live it wouldn't really make much difference to a set if they were missed off.

Expecting a big friday night!

40 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

They did it for Truck 2019 iirc. (Edit they did hummer and rsp, not cassius!)

cassius, hummer and red socks pugie are 3 of their best - if we get 1 i’d be over the moon!

Edited by gfa

31 minutes ago, Havors said:

I think thats something we will see. If they are heading the Other stage on the friday like predicted there will be a good few more songs than just the 15 on that list.  We will get Sunday again as the song was written with Glasto in mind (so they said in 2019) 

Reading 2016 (co-headline), latitude 2013 13 songs
All points east 2021, citadel 2017 15 songs
Ynot 2019, Boardmasters 2019 16 songs
Truck 2019 17 songs

really doubt we'll get more than 15 songs.

Although I’m sure they’ll shake up the setlist a little from that one they’ve posted, I’m surprised to see The Runner omitted. Easily the biggest banger from the last two albums and seemed to go off when I saw them at APE. 

Very much down for that three song TLF run staying put though. 

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Although I’m sure they’ll shake up the setlist a little from that one they’ve posted, I’m surprised to see The Runner omitted. Easily the biggest banger from the last two albums and seemed to go off when I saw them at APE. 

Very much down for that three song TLF run staying put though. 

The Runner is good but nowhere near as much of a banger as In Degrees. 

Talking of Antidotes songs, it might be controversial but I’d happily see them drop Two Steps Twice for a bit. It’s a good song and works well live but it’s probably one of the weaker songs in that setlist. I’d rather see Red Socks Pugie, Hummer or Electric Bloom for an Antidotes era song.

Just now, kingcrawler said:

The Runner is good but nowhere near as much of a banger as In Degrees. 

Talking of Antidotes songs, it might be controversial but I’d happily see them drop Two Steps Twice for a bit. It’s a good song and works well live but it’s probably one of the weaker songs in that setlist. I’d rather see Red Socks Pugie, Hummer or Electric Bloom for an Antidotes era song.

Yeah I understand why Two Steps Twice has taken its place as their standard final song, but I’ve never been much of a fan of it really. Obviously got the big finish, but outside of that it just isn’t that good of a song. Don’t see it going any time soon though.

3 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

Reading 2016 (co-headline), latitude 2013 13 songs
All points east 2021, citadel 2017 15 songs
Ynot 2019, Boardmasters 2019 16 songs
Truck 2019 17 songs

really doubt we'll get more than 15 songs.

Yeah you probably right, the other headline slot tends not to be as long as Pyramids... 

Do we think they will just repeat the set list they been using on tour or change it up for Glasto? 

9 minutes ago, Havors said:

Yeah you probably right, the other headline slot tends not to be as long as Pyramids... 

Do we think they will just repeat the set list they been using on tour or change it up for Glasto? 

Its gonna be a party, Foals celebration - I reckon it'll be a Glasto tailored setlist playing as long as they can. One set not to miss.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Another setlist they’ve posted. I’d take bit of both tbh, although the first one remains superior due to that TLF run:

C09D5F7F-E59F-4476-9BEE-C19E7184D5A3.jpeg

I want a "C" which replaces Blue Blood, Black Gold & 2001 with Pugie, Milk n Black Spiders & On the Luna 

🙂 

Friday is a good slot for them I reckon. I'll usually bang up for it on the Friday night and need something a bit more pumped up. Hoping this will go down much more like their Other sub slot than their Pyramid one.

Re Antidotes, they played Olympic Airways at their 'secret' (and rather truncated) set.