Idles

fuzzy_logic

5 minutes ago, Andeeroo said:

Think there's solid info of them being Friday 6pm on The Park isn't there?

That’s been mentioned. But there was guy posted in here a while back that they were playing the JPT,  among other places over the piece. Park would be amazing, but it’ll be chaos up there with the crowd they’ll pull. 

Edited by Rubber Soldier

1 minute ago, Rubber Soldier said:

That’s been mentioned. But there was guy posted in here a while back that they were playing the JPT,  among other places over the piece. Park would be amazing, but it’ll be chaos up there with the crowd they’ll pull. 

Ah fair enough. I'd prefer the tent so I'm willing to grasp onto that rumour.

Bit busy tonight eh? G r e a t again tonight, hope they do the apollo next. I've got a deadline on so had to leg it from my desk at half 8 and didn't fully leave it behind so hopefully at the farm I can enjoy it as much as I have previous times.

Absolutely fantastic. Many crowd surfs. Many pits, never have I seen a band perform at the Albert Hall and smash it. They did. Kiernan climbing the venue, Bowen playing the Where’s my Ice Cream jam and overall they smashed it. 

100% seeing them in a IDLES / Two Door Cinema Club / Tame Impala trio on the Friday. That’s going to be a highlight of the weekend. 

If anyone can go to any of the remaining shows, I urge you to do so. I may have spent £60 on £6 pints inside the venue but that made it worth it. 

Class.

10 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Absolutely fantastic. Many crowd surfs. Many pits, never have I seen a band perform at the Albert Hall and smash it. They did. Kiernan climbing the venue, Bowen playing the Where’s my Ice Cream jam and overall they smashed it. 

100% seeing them in a IDLES / Two Door Cinema Club / Tame Impala trio on the Friday. That’s going to be a highlight of the weekend. 

If anyone can go to any of the remaining shows, I urge you to do so. I may have spent £60 on £6 pints inside the venue but that made it worth it. 

Class.

Well said chief

They were brilliant last night and easily translate to a bigger venue. Saw them at Leadmill last week and it was insane, but even bigger and bouncier last night with probably twice as many fans

Have stopped trying to convert people now.. you either get it or not and thats cool

Their gigs remind me of early 90s vibes but without the E which is a great thing

AiL sithi at the front x

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, deschwah said:

Well said chief

They were brilliant last night and easily translate to a bigger venue. Saw them at Leadmill last week and it was insane, but even bigger and bouncier last night with probably twice as many fans

Have stopped trying to convert people now.. you either get it or not and thats cool

Their gigs remind me of early 90s vibes but without the E which is a great thing

AiL sithi at the front x

Yeah, I think the ‘you either get it or you don’t’ is a major part of the Idles charm.

For some reason I loved the mixed responses on Twitter to their appearances on shows like Jules Holland and Soccer AM.

The fact that half the people loved them and the other half thought it was the worst thing they had ever heard is fantastic.

Rather them split the audience rather than be a bland band that no one cares either way about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rivalschools.price said:

Yeah, I think the ‘you either get it or you don’t’ is a major part of the Idles charm.

For some reason I loved the mixed responses on Twitter to their appearances on shows like Jules Holland and Soccer AM.

The fact that half the people loved them and the other half thought it was the worst thing they had ever heard is fantastic.

Rather them split the audience rather than be a bland band that no one cares either way about.

Definitely. 

My usual festival going partners don't get them - really disliked them at Boomtown.

My mate who went last night with me (who incidentally had never heard one of their songs beforehand) loved it - sadly he isn't Glastonbury bound! 

I'll be in with efests at the front!