Idles

fuzzy_logic

21 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

@Quark Nailed on for you at G now then? Currently trying to persuade my bro in law to come on weds after a mate let me down. 

Dunno about nailed on. As with 99% of bands it'll depend entirely on clashes and current mood. But they're definitely up there! Bloody marvellous gig.

13 minutes ago, Quark said:

Dunno about nailed on. As with 99% of bands it'll depend entirely on clashes and current mood. But they're definitely up there! Bloody marvellous gig.

Nailed on for me! I've had I'm Scum going round in my head since Tuesday ? Glad you had a good one! 

4 hours ago, Quark said:

How was your gig @balti-pie? I'm assuming you managed to drag yourself away from the beer selection in the Bison? :lol:

?? just about - I got in just as the support were finishing so managed to finagle my way in front and left, just behind the barriers. I was surrounded by loads of people who didn’t seem to appreciate it might get a bit moshy, and then first song in m, funnily enough it all got a bit moshy ? good crowd though, and a great night out - thanks again for the ticket! 

IDLES were everything I thought they’d be - they’re a band made for seeing live. I hope they play the JP at Glastonbury cos that is gonna go off . . . 

wasn't the best I've seen them on Friday but was still very, very good. Was maybe a little more relaxed than other IDLES gigs I've been too, this felt more of a victory lap than previous shows. New songs all sounded ace and glad there's still so many Brutalism tracks being played, especially Exeter. 

What came across a lot is that the band seem more confident than ever and I loved the frequent little digs at Sleaford Mods, that whole thing clearly riled Joe up a lot. Am also massively chuffed for him and his partner that they have seemingly very recently welcomed a healthy baby into the world. I am over the moon for them considering all that happened before. 

Hopefully their show on the farm is similar to their Primavera Sound Barcelona set last year as they tore the roof off the stage and was one of the most visceral live sets I've seen at a festival. I won't be there as have decided not to go this year but you lot are all in for a treat.

My brother in law has been raving about Idles. I tried watching some of their 6 Music Festival slot on I Player. I have to say I have never been so bitterly  disappointed since Vote Leave won in 2016.  I was very tired last night after running a 10k race in the morning so maybe it was a blip. I usually love loads of angst and feedback. I will try again later but I've tried and tried with Arctic Monkeys and I still hate them.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Martin Ashford said:

My brother in law has been raving about Idles. I tried watching some of their 6 Music Festival slot on I Player. I have to say I have never been so bitterly  disappointed since Vote Leave won in 2016.  I was very tired last night after running a 10k race in the morning so maybe it was a blip. I usually love loads of angst and feedback. I will try again later but I've tried and tried with Arctic Monkeys and I still hate them.

No one has to like every band by any stretch so they may just not be your thing, but if you're hearing a lot of angst you might need to give it another listen! Try the new album and see what you think, but I get nothing but joy from it

1 hour ago, Quark said:

No one has to like every band by any stretch so they may just not be your thing, but if you're hearing a lot of angst you might need to give it another listen! Try the new album and see what you think, but I get nothing but joy from it

Yes even watching it on iPlayer last night they just make me smile, like a big fucking goofy grin out of nowhere. Weird as I’m not a smiler. 

Edited by HeyPorter

15 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

For those who've been last week or so - what time have IDLES been on and then finished by? 

Just trying to sort out a train for Wednesday if possible.

They’ve been tweeting set times on the day of the gig - they were pretty accurate on Friday night, billed as 9pm onstage prob started about 9:15 - then curfew at the Dome is 11pm, I was on the 11:02 train home so they probably finished at about 10:50.

Now that might not be romantic notions of wild rock n roll excess but I’m too old to be out all night and it’s a long 25 mile walk home ???

13 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

They’ve been tweeting set times on the day of the gig - they were pretty accurate on Friday night, billed as 9pm onstage prob started about 9:15 - then curfew at the Dome is 11pm, I was on the 11:02 train home so they probably finished at about 10:50.

Now that might not be romantic notions of wild rock n roll excess but I’m too old to be out all night and it’s a long 25 mile walk home ???

? Thanks - I'm in the same boat. The station is about 15/20 mins walk from the venue, the two trains are 11.15/11.30ish - otherwise it's 30+ miles home! 

Other option is one of us driving but really don't want to do that!

2 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Williamson is a talented guy but comes across as a bully to me, he’s the kind of guy you’d avoid in real life. Great interview. 

On 3/30/2019 at 1:53 PM, balti-pie said:

?? just about - I got in just as the support were finishing so managed to finagle my way in front and left, just behind the barriers. I was surrounded by loads of people who didn’t seem to appreciate it might get a bit moshy, and then first song in m, funnily enough it all got a bit moshy ? good crowd though, and a great night out - thanks again for the ticket! 

IDLES were everything I thought they’d be - they’re a band made for seeing live. I hope they play the JP at Glastonbury cos that is gonna go off . . . 

Glad you enjoyed it, happy to know a ticket goes to someone on here and who's going to enjoy it.

I started off just a few bodies back beyond the fun, so as soon as he made the point about those wanting shenanigans to make sure they don't ruin anyone else's night I was just straight through! Coming through, I want shenanigans! :lol:

• Upvote 1

After being let down by a mate and not bothering to try anyone else my mother is coming with me tomorrow night. I’m hoping they play that now. 

She watched their iPlayer gig and that was it, she slated them previously but was impressed. 

Edited by HeyPorter
Extra