Best Bogs

stuartbert two hats

For a "sit down"  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you like to sit and read the paper?

• Long Drops (roof)
    • Long Drops (no roof)
    • Composters
    • Portaloos
    • I don't shit at Glastonbury

I have ever seen folks with the paper under the arm and the idea makes me shudder.

Don't forget all the caravan goers who may have their own bogs :) 

Top tips if you try Option 5 - my experience was that you could only really do 4 or 5 days max (so wed-mon would be too much), don't eat tons but if you do obviously stay away from fibre and have stodge such as chips, be prepared for *ahem* a larger undertaking upon your return to civilisation.

For a shit you can’t beat a freshly cleaned portaloo. Nice and private, a moment to take stock. 

For a piss I favour the long drops with no roof at the bottom of West Holts. Yes they are truly awful, but as you take a piss and look into the eyes of the person in front of you, there’s a connection that only Glastonbury can bring, the feeling that we’re all in this together. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Hang on, that’s my morning turnout spot!  Typically very close to 8am. They’ve just been cleaned at that time, it’s as quiet and pleasant as it could possibly be, and I’m ridding myself of all the previous day’s unwanted toxins. I bloody love my Glastonbury morning poop routine ?

Crikey there's 4 of us on this thread on the same thrones! And, 3 at roughly the same time!!

• Upvote 1

I usually use the longdrops on the railway line crossroads as they are so close and are always clean first thing in the morning.

If there is less of a sense of urgency I like to stroll up to the 'Keyhole; loos at the bottom of The King's Field. Always immaculately clean and they allow the most natural squat position for a total evacuation. Some people assume the same squat position in the longdrops but they're just wronguns.

40 minutes ago, nikkic said:

For a piss I favour the long drops with no roof at the bottom of West Holts. Yes they are truly awful

Truly, truly awful. Everywhere else seems fine (including pyramid) but West Holts long drops would get a zero start tripadvisor review if there was such a thing.

12 hours ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

The composters backstage at the Acoustic Stage ;)

(But for public consumption, the long drops up by the Astrolabe, just before you go to Gate C, are top notch). 

(I used the loos in the utility area of the farmhouse once - when I was down for the Festival Run. Most exciting wee of my entire life)

How did you get to use the backstage ones at acoustic? I worked it last year and feel as though i've missed out on going to any of these! I'm working again this time and going down on the monday so i'm making more of an effort.

In answer to the thread, the flushable loo's in the staff field or when out and about i'd go for the compost loo as when they are used right they are the best ones. Long drops are usually just when I need a piss! Something quite disconcerting about the longdrops, the amount of stuff that must get lost down there! I think i've got a fear of dropping my phone in or something. 

I've never understood why people spend long enough on the toilet that they can read a newspaper. If you're spending that long you've clearly gone too early! I'm 2 minutes at most- why would you want to hang out in a toilet?! My uncle used to read the paper and have a cup of coffee and a cigarette before he'd finished! Madness! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I've never understood why people spend long enough on the toilet that they can read a newspaper. If you're spending that long you've clearly gone too early! I'm 2 minutes at most- why would you want to hang out in a toilet?! My uncle used to read the paper and have a cup of coffee and a cigarette before he'd finished! Madness! 

This 100%. I wouldn't even want to do that in my own toilet at home, let alone in a festival loo. I take less time for number twos than most people do for number ones, I honestly don't know what they do in there...

45 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

On site it's the composters for me. The ones in Pylon were always good for a morning constitutional.

Am in WV this year so the 'posh' ones by the farm will have the honour this year. The portaloos in WV however can sometimes be fairly ropey though.

The toilets in WV really aren't that good, there are nowhere near enough for the number of people staying in there. Which is why I save my morning ablutions for the longdrops at the bottom of the hill.

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

This 100%. I wouldn't even want to do that in my own toilet at home, let alone in a festival loo. I take less time for number twos than most people do for number ones, I honestly don't know what they do in there...

Likewise, never got why people get bent out of shape over the toilets at Glastonbury. Mrs Jass was terrified of them the first time she went until I explained to her that going to the loo is such a small, insignificant part of the day it doesn't really matter. She was fine after that.

Can I lend a vote to any of the urinals or long drops which you can see over the top of when your going for a wee?

I think there's some on the railway line like this.

There's something quite amusing about watching people walk past whilst your 2 feet away unloading the bladder :lol:

Edited by JoeyT

5 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Can I lend a vote to any of the urinals or long drops which you can see over the top of when your going for a wee?

I think there's some on the railway line like this.

There's something quite amusing about watching people walk past whilst your 2 feet away unloading the bladder :lol:

Yeah - the urinals on the Railway line are great for people watching while pissing. Don't believe in pissing in long drops if I can help it, but provide more urinals generally please. Surely.

47 minutes ago, LeeHC said:

The thought of not going the whole time I'm there is horrifying-  how is this even possible??? Composters generally the best! Never ever portaloos..  ??

Hey I've shared the how above, but I'm not saying I'd recommend it, either the during or after.

Can I take the opportunity to say Pilton Poop Festival?  

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

For a piss I favour the long drops with no roof at the bottom of West Holts. Yes they are truly awful, but as you take a piss and look into the eyes of the person in front of you, there’s a connection that only Glastonbury can bring, the feeling that we’re all in this together. 

Completely agree, which is why I, although heavily frowned upon, have started pooping standing up as well.

You cannae beat pooping while an act is performing as well, bossed my way through the whole of Jamie T - Sheila after seeing The Fall while ridding myself of 5 days of festival treats the other year. One of my favorite poops.

poop

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Also yeah where are the long drops with a roof? I only know two types - the raised and not raised ones, all green doors and open to the elements.

think the new ones near the entrance to Bushy were raised, roofed long drops (I'd never seen them before either).

Annoyingly, they replaced the handy set of composts + urinal that had been brought in (to my delight) just a few years earlier.

Great topic btw.