2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

Read some hype on the new album 'ZAM' by this crew and it's definitely one for the garage rock fans here. @priest17 @Wooderson @The Nal @Brave Sir Robin it should at least tide you over until the next Ty Segall album... so a few days then I guess.

edit: + @FloorFiller but that almost goes without saying.

Edited by dentalplan

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Read some hype on the new album 'ZAM' by this crew and it's definitely one for the garage rock fans here. @priest17 @Wooderson @The Nal @Brave Sir Robin it should at least tide you over until the next Ty Segall album... so a few days then I guess.

Really loved Brain Telephone. Neat little outfit - will give this a listen prontopronto. Cheers!

3 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Really loved Brain Telephone. Neat little outfit - will give this a listen prontopronto. Cheers!

Damn I shoulda known y'all would be a step ahead of me on these. :D But yeah, this is really impressive - I dare say it's better than Segall or Dwyer have done in a good few years. If their other stuff is great then I'll have to dive in.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Damn I shoulda known y'all would be a step ahead of me on these. :D But yeah, this is really impressive - I dare say it's better than Segall or Dwyer have done in a good few years. If their other stuff is great then I'll have to dive in.

Forum needs a psych rock thread.

On 3/5/2019 at 2:25 PM, priest17 said:

Also this album came out recently and it's propa good, for fans of Oh Sees and the like

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Wow I just found out you don't read my posts.

Ahahah you're right though, great album. Couldn't find it in Piccadilly records though.

8 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

Heard this on 6 music this morning and loved it. Driving dance music, but with jazz saxophone on top of it.

Just googled and their new album is out this Friday. Looking forward to it.

They're fantastic. Their leader playing that sax, Shabaka Hutchings, is also in Sons of Kemet and Shabaka and the Ancestors, and has previously been in Melt Yourself Down, among others, so you might want to check them out. Hoping that at least one of his bands is on West Holts this year.

This mellow tune from the new album is also great:

23 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Read some hype on the new album 'ZAM' by this crew and it's definitely one for the garage rock fans here

Cheers Dental, enjoying this!

3 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

They're fantastic. Their leader playing that sax, Shabaka Hutchings, is also in Sons of Kemet and Shabaka and the Ancestors, and has previously been in Melt Yourself Down, among others, so you might want to check them out. Hoping that at least one of his bands is on West Holts this year.

This mellow tune from the new album is also great:

Like Sons of Kemmet, but didn't know about the connection and not listened to the other 2 bands you mentioned, so will check them out.

Used to say I liked all kinds of music except pop,jazz and hip hop, but been discovering there actually is a lot of jazz I like recently. Might find myself at West Holts more than I normally do this year, which is good with me as it always seems to be a cracking atmosphere there.

4 hours ago, found home in 2009 said:

Heard this on 6 music this morning and loved it. Driving dance music, but with jazz saxophone on top of it.

I don’t know why but I’d alwaysi assumed these were some bog standard folky indie band - how wrong I was. This bangs. Will also be checking out the new album.

Also been really digging this Self Esteem album this week so thanks to the people who mentioned that. Who knew the girl from Slow Club could release an album so full of catchy bangers?!

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Also been really digging this Self Esteem album this week so thanks to the people who mentioned that. Who knew the girl from Slow Club could release an album so full of catchy bangers?!

It's great isn't it? I've been a fan of her and Slow Club for years but the Self Esteem album is fab.

9 hours ago, found home in 2009 said:

Good shout, got them on the 6M playlist but I'd forgotten to check when the album was coming