2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

8 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

This year is stacked! Seems like a return to form that track too. Weirdly, Jack White's socials have been tweeting that track out congratulating The Black Keys. Either is super ironic or he's got over the whole beef he had with them.

More new Chems, really looking forward to this new album, loving everything i've heard so far.

Agreed. This could end up being an amazing year for new music... So far it looks impressive. So many bands with new stuff and some new up and comers too.

Lets home Glasto snatch them all up. 

36 minutes ago, jyoung said:

It's Friday! Sit back, smell the coffee and enjoy the bangers my friend. As long as you're IN work, you're killing it. 

I swear that used to be the case.  These days they actually expect as much to get done on a Friday as they do on a Monday. Outrageous I tell you!

55 minutes ago, Havors said:

Agreed. This could end up being an amazing year for new music... So far it looks impressive

The likes of David Gray, Dido and James Morrison releasing new albums today have put a dampener on that I’m afraid. 

Edited by HeyPorter
Bloody Janes!

15 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

The likes of David Gray, Dido and Janes Morrison releasing new albums today have put a dampener on that. 

Leave Dido out of this! She's first on my list*.

*not to kill before someone makes the obvious joke

17 minutes ago, Quark said:

I swear that used to be the case.  These days they actually expect as much to get done on a Friday as they do on a Monday. Outrageous I tell you!

Just now, priest17 said:

You get stuff done on a Monday?!

My most product8ive day I shit you not.

100% hate Tuesdays though.

Really enjoying the Ten Fe album, which has surprised me.  It's not earth shattering by any stretch of the imagination, but it's nicely done meat and potatoes dreamy guitar stuff.  Echoes of Death Cab for Cutie and a lot of Bear's Den to it, although I do have a tin ear for that kind of thing so I might be miles off the mark!

Wow. Okay, where to start?!

• Dido record is decent. Some will say it's more of the same but I think it actually stands up on it's own and doesn't sound like 00's leftovers.
  • Foals record is very good. I didn't expect this. Wasn't big on the singles but in the context of the album, it sounds great. A return to form for me, seeing as I haven't been much of a fan since Antidotes and Total Life Forever. 
  • Sigrid record bangs. Was a bit worried about this one having a fair bit of filler but it's genuinely full of pop bangers from start to finish. She was great on the Park in 2017 and I'm sure she'll be back on the Farm this year, much higher up the line up. It's gonna be a party.

13 minutes ago, zero000 said:

New Gesaffelstein record Is out too. Some weirdly big names on it; Haim, Pharrell and The Weeknd.

Was very dissapointing imo.

And the Sigrid album is great (though I wish she had left out the Dont Kill My Vibe EP stuff). Happy it didnt go the same way as Maggie Rodgers debut

Edited by Mattymooz

The Marshmello/CHVRCHES track is, unsurprisingly, pretty awful stuff. I'd hoped after their ill-fated foray into pop picker territory with the 3rd album they'd be steering clear of this kinda thing but, no dice.

Black Keys and Chems tracks are great tho.

Edited by SwedgeAntilles