2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

1 hour ago, deadpheasant said:

New Little Simz record is excellent, onto the 3rd listen now. Favourite album so far this year.

Only checked this out due to her supporting Jon Hopkins at one of the Radio 6 shows I’m going to in a couple of weeks and I’m glad I did - this is brilliant.

30 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Fuck me, that Dave record is seriously good?! Today is a day and a half for new music.

It's definitely been a strong one. Still got to try this Dave chappie, not my cuppa normally but I'll give it a bash from the reviews on here. Ditto Little Simz

26 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

First three or four. Had some strong ones but yeah, as I say, just didn’t find it all that great.

Strong disagree, Selfish into Wounds is brilliant. I can't remember the last time I was this impressed with a grime record, perhaps Skepta - Konnichiwa but I think this was even better. Just hope she gets the recognition she deserves for it.

16 minutes ago, Quark said:

It's definitely been a strong one. Still got to try this Dave chappie, not my cuppa normally but I'll give it a bash from the reviews on here. Ditto Little Simz

I'd recommend persevering until the end, even if the first couple don't grab you. It really grows into its own.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Only checked this out due to her supporting Jon Hopkins at one of the Radio 6 shows I’m going to in a couple of weeks and I’m glad I did - this is brilliant.

Weird support act that.

Although just notice she’s also on the undercard at APE for the Chems day which Hopkins is at as well. 

23 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Strong disagree, Selfish into Wounds is brilliant. I can't remember the last time I was this impressed with a grime record, perhaps Skepta - Konnichiwa but I think this was even better. Just hope she gets the recognition she deserves for it.

Wouldn’t classify it as grime (nor would she) but yeah I hope it does and well and she goes far.

2 hours ago, deadpheasant said:

New Little Simz record is excellent, onto the 3rd listen now. Favourite album so far this year.

Ye, its great, i seen she's touring in October, going to try and pick up some tickets. It's only a few hundred capacity venue though, thought she'd be bigger than that?! 

15 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Can't get over that Dave record. Listened to it having never heard the guy before and with no idea what to expect. AOTY contender already, with ease. One of the best debuts I've ever heard. 

Ye, he's great isn't he, mad to think he's only 20 still. I said on the Dave thread, i actually struggle to keep up with his wordplay and punchlines.

5 minutes ago, bigfurbdogg said:

Ye, he's great isn't he, mad to think he's only 20 still. I said on the Dave thread, i actually struggle to keep up with his wordplay and punchlines.

He is an outstanding lyricist. Voice of a generation.

11 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I was actually disappointed any time they started an old song in that latest show. And I love the old songs. Testament to the new stuff innit.

I agree about the new songs, was very impressed and kept on going back to a couple on the special. There were some much stronger older songs they completely omitted in favour of some nobody cared much about first time round. All in all it still looked a fantastic show though.  

On 3/8/2019 at 1:15 AM, WS_Jack_III said:

This year is stacked! Seems like a return to form that track too. Weirdly, Jack White's socials have been tweeting that track out congratulating The Black Keys. Either is super ironic or he's got over the whole beef he had with them.

More new Chems, really looking forward to this new album, loving everything i've heard so far.

New Chems sounds a bit like the Avalanches. Great song