2019 Possibilities (Non Pyramid Headliner)

Doug85

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

When Race for the Prize kicked in was one of the highlights of G17. Lights balloons confetti everywhere.

Friend of mine, glasto virgin, didn’t know any flaming lips, burst into tears of joy at that moment and didn’t stop sobbing for 3 songs. Magical. 

We met Wayne earlier in the day at Kris Kristofferson and my brother - who somehow had never seen them do it - straight up told him to play it.

To which The Waynester - dressed as a bright green frog, natch - replied "First song, motherfucker"

The symphonic opening was a giant cock tease - which made the subsequent start all the better.

19 hours ago, zero000 said:

Miley Cyrus is doing big weekend this year in May, potential for her to do Glastonbury too in the Katy Perry ™ slot?

Jesus I hope not ...stood through Katy Perry which was fairly bland but nothing compared to the mind numbing boredom of ellie goulding year before.  I'd still watch either again rather than Cyrus. Plus if Janet has got that slot she'll be great I'm sure .

9 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

Jesus I hope not ...stood through Katy Perry which was fairly bland but nothing compared to the mind numbing boredom of ellie goulding year before.  I'd still watch either again rather than Cyrus. Plus if Janet has got that slot she'll be great I'm sure .

Dare I ask why you sat through both? 

3 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Ok, They were absolutely awful. I was bored stiff*

*They were my highlight of the festival in reality.

Thanks, obviously sincerity isn’t your strong point!!  Our determination to see Radiohead clouded our better judgement. If I remember the guys in the tent next to us were so blitzed they ended up watching the acoustic status quo. Seeing the. Quo with an accordion player had them thinking someone had spiked the thatchers gold. 

I had been intending to go to the Flaming Lips, but a friend who wasn't even at the festival nagged me into going to see Radiohead instead - arriving about half an hour into the set I had to fight through the vast swathes of people heading the other direction to actually get to the Pyramid field. Should have taken a cue from that.

Still regret it, and the last couple of pages really hasn't helped me feel any better about it.

2 minutes ago, incident said:

I had been intending to go to the Flaming Lips, but a friend who wasn't even at the festival nagged me into going to see Radiohead instead - arriving about half an hour into the set I had to fight through the vast swathes of people heading the other direction to actually get to the Pyramid field. Should have taken a cue from that.

Still regret it, and the last couple of pages really hasn't helped me feel any better about it.

I now wished I hadn’t fuckin well mentioned it 

1 hour ago, zero000 said:

Dare I ask why you sat through both? 

Stood through Katy as my wife's pick . Think we stood through goulding because it was early evening Sunday and it was 2016 mud fest and just to fu***** to move anymore . Think I wanted to see art garfunkel but didn't have energy to make it to acoustic tent 

still keeping an eye out on those Eddie Vedder dates for any changes, additions. From June 15 in Italy to the Wembley Stadium date July 6, that's a huge gap and mostly festival shows. I think this could be the year. Would the acoustic be too rammed if he was up against Stormy or Killers? 

1 minute ago, crocodiles said:

Stood through Katy as my wife's pick . Think we stood through goulding because it was early evening Sunday and it was 2016 mud fest and just to fu***** to move anymore . Think I wanted to see art garfunkel but didn't have energy to make it to acoustic tent 

poor excuse, considering Art had left the site by then, having played 24 hrs previously during Tame Impala