2019 Possibilities (Non Pyramid Headliner)

Doug85

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

Can someone tell me where to start with Nick Cave? 

By all accounts he's someone I should love, but I've never been exposed to any of his music, and have no idea where to begin. 

Same here. I'm happy to give him plenty of time, but everything I've listened to of his has been total tripe. Obviously he has decades of material so maybe I'm picking the wrong places to start.

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

So now we can just end any doubt of Christine and the Queens subbing the Pyramid after the Parklife line-up. Headliners there are 3rd/sub depending on who it is equivalent and they are playing at least 2nd down, potentially 3rd.

She’s not even playing the main stage.  Headlining another up against Cardi B

8 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

So now we can just end any doubt of Christine and the Queens subbing the Pyramid after the Parklife line-up. Headliners there are 3rd/sub depending on who it is equivalent and they are playing at least 2nd down, potentially 3rd.

Christine and the queens, I really want to see this year. Tremendous in 2016 even in the rain 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

9 hours ago, Mardy said:

Looking at the lineups for the midsize UK festivals that are starting to get relased, what really stands out is the lack of depth. All the money spunked on 3 big name headliners, and a couple of big subs, then a swathe of really really small (and presumably cheap) bands. I guess the only way to survive is to punt all your money on a couple of big names to draw the punters in. Maybe a result of the fierce competition in that sector. 

I'd noticed that too - seeing how far down the line up I had to go before I didn't recognise anyone (though that may be me getting older).

Given the apparent scarcity of 'big' headliners doing the rounds this summer, any agent worth his 15% will be asking for more for the second tier bands who are seeing this year as a chance to top the bills, and the festivals will have to cough up I'd imagine.

13 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

I'd noticed that too - seeing how far down the line up I had to go before I didn't recognise anyone (though that may be me getting older).

Given the apparent scarcity of 'big' headliners doing the rounds this summer, any agent worth his 15% will be asking for more for the second tier bands who are seeing this year as a chance to top the bills, and the festivals will have to cough up I'd imagine.

hehehe, I had exactly the same thought about getting older. But I don't think it's (just) that. Get below the first two lines on most of this years festivals and you're very rapidly into pretty obscure bands, or local bands or very new bands.

Not neccesarily a bad thing, but yeah, it's going to be a tough year for a lot of festivals to shift tickets, I think. 

33 minutes ago, Mardy said:

hehehe, I had exactly the same thought about getting older. But I don't think it's (just) that. Get below the first two lines on most of this years festivals and you're very rapidly into pretty obscure bands, or local bands or very new bands.

Not neccesarily a bad thing, but yeah, it's going to be a tough year for a lot of festivals to shift tickets, I think. 

Fully agree with the above.

Glastonbury will no doubt have a few acts that came from nowhere. Not mentioned or seemingly touring, but play.

From the top of my head, Katy Perry, Motorhead, Burt Bacharach & ZZ Top all fit that bill from the recent past.

28 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Glastonbury will no doubt have a few acts that came from nowhere. Not mentioned or seemingly touring, but play.

From the top of my head, Katy Perry, Motorhead, Burt Bacharach & ZZ Top all fit that bill from the recent past.

The National. That was a big surprise on the 2017 poster. Biffy Clyro too (though they had been mentioned, it was just largely ignored) 

6 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

The National. That was a big surprise on the 2017 poster. Biffy Clyro too (though they had been mentioned, it was just largely ignored) 

Biffy have been playing a few unplugged gigs promoting their album and are playing a few festivals this summer. Just saying! 

49 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

If ZZ Top was a surprise to you, you obviously weren’t keeping track of the big rolling ZZ Top thread or their January self confirmation. :P

6 hours ago, Ashl said:

Do you know any other positions? I see you are confident re West Holts ones as well?

13 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Where you heard this from pal?

dont know any others and tbf I've find out the the Christine info is a pretty tedious link since I posted

West Holts info is golden!