2019 Possibilities (Non Pyramid Headliner)

Doug85

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

Joe Talbot from Idles on BBC 6Music just now saying he'd like to play the Park Stage (on Friday, I think he said) just as the sun goes down.

I'd be there.

Yes! Would much rather that than some afternoon Pyramid/Other - or maybe they could be quite high on Other?

Got tickets for their DJ show in Sheffield and then the normal gig in March, and already saw them at Boomtown, but daaaaamn I want them on the farm :)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Friday or Saturday, he said.

It sounded like he was talking about an ideal slot, and not anything which is lined-up.

Absolutely. Wondered (i.e. hoped) that he mentioned it because either it had already been spoken about with the festival (too early?) or if he was putting it out there in the hope it might encourage the festival to make it happen.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Ask her to get Showaddywaddy as well while yer at it.

I'd forgotten all about that abhorrence until last week. Now here it is again. Christ...

23 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Baxter Dury has recently released his third decent record in a row. Darker than his Dad, he's really found his voice in the last few years, would love to see him there.

Saw Baxter in Bristol a few weeks back and thought he was amazing. Great stage presence and has now got some great tunes. Love the BED stuff that I've heard he'll defo be playing Glasto somewhere I reckon.

I'm going to put them out there even though I know lots of folk on here turn their noses up at them.

Elbow

New album out in March so Sunday evening sunset slot on the pyramid pre Macca?

I bloody love them and singing "sad captains" linked arm in arm with your mates is a proper glasto moment.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

I'm going to put them out there even though I know lots of folk on here turn their noses up at them.

Elbow

New album out in March so Sunday evening sunset slot on the pyramid pre Macca?

I bloody love them and singing "sad captains" linked arm in arm with your mates is a proper glasto moment.

I think one of the main issues that a lot of people have with Elbow playing in that sunset slot is that it has become a bit cliche. They almost made it to Pyramid headliner status at one point but never kicked on for some reason. Although they'd never make it to the top of my preferences, every time I've seen them I've enjoyed it, Guy Garvey is such an engaging front man and in fairness, you're spot on, they create genuine "Glasto moments" and that's pretty much what it's all about, isn't it?

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I think one of the main issues that a lot of people have with Elbow playing in that sunset slot is that it has become a bit cliche. They almost made it to Pyramid headliner status at one point but never kicked on for some reason. Although they'd never make it to the top of my preferences, every time I've seen them I've enjoyed it, Guy Garvey is such an engaging front man and in fairness, you're spot on, they create genuine "Glasto moments" and that's pretty much what it's all about, isn't it?

Absolutely loved them when they subbed Coldplay in 2011 (I think), a real a genuine moment. AS you though, it feels like a bit of a cliché to get the house band back for another go. With so many great potential options next year they shouldn't be bothering the top reaches of the Pyramid.