Jump to content
Doug85

2019 Possibilities (Non Pyramid Headliner)

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, jparx said:

Why would F+TM accept subbing the Pyramid? They can headline again next year or the year after if they just bide their time. Coming back to sub would just define them back down, after working hard over the past few years to establish themselves as genuine headliner material. Boardmasters does seem a weird slot for them but it doesn't make them any less a Glastonbury headliner. Personally I think F+TM will be headlining next year.

Question re: George Ezra and LDR. They're both in the mix to headline Latitude and most of us have them as nailed on for Glastonbury. I know bands have done both in the past, but will Latitude want two of their headliners playing Glastonbury as well? Also, I think we're underestimating George Ezra. I think there's a chance he could sub the Pyramid. His last record did gangbusters and whether you like him or not, he's got more than enough hits to fill the slot. 

Ezra could well sub but Flo isn't topping Boardmasters and headlining Glastonbury the next year, certainly not that long after the album release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Not a case of underestimating him - third down acts can be bigger than subs. Happens all the time.

Indeed, Perry and The National for example...

Sheeran played after Dolly just as he was on the cusp of going (bafflingly) massive and I see a similar slot, if not quite the same high trajectory, for Ezra.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Ezra could well sub but Flo isn't topping Boardmasters and headlining Glastonbury the next year, certainly not that long after the album release.

Then she's not playing at all. She'll be back to headline properly with album #5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Sorry if it's been mentioned recently - Two Door are at RW. Reckon there's a chance they'll be at GF?

Yeah I reckon so. John Peel headliner perhaps, having done the Other and the Pyramid in their last two appearances. Possibly just not mentioned much, if at all, because they're not well-liked on here but not quite badly viewed enough to warrant the number of mentions as say Catfish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The word "supper" makes me feel sick. It's as shit and annoying as the word "pamphlet" and "doyley". Fucking supper. 

Brekfersst

Dinna (you know, around dinner time?)

Tay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Martini Police said:

Yeah I reckon so. John Peel headliner perhaps, having done the Other and the Pyramid in their last two appearances. Possibly just not mentioned much, if at all, because they're not well-liked on here but not quite badly viewed enough to warrant the number of mentions as say Catfish.

Absolutely love them. 

JP headliner... Oh my word. That could be all I'd need band-wise for next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Quark said:

Yet at school you have dinner ladies. Explain.

I see your dinner lady, and raise you Lunchlady Doris

Image result for lunch lady doris

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Breakfast 6-8

Elevenses

Lunch 12-2

Tea 3-4

dinner 6-8

supper 9-10

 

All bets are off when you cross the channel though, I was recently presented with dinner at 10.30pm when Abroad. I was too flummoxed (and hungry) to do anything but look befuddled. Especially as I had been making obvious signs of needing dinner from the minute we had arrived at 7pm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Breakfast 6-8

Elevenses

Lunch 12-2

Tea 3-4

dinner 6-8

supper 9-10

 

All bets are off when you cross the channel though, I was recently presented with dinner at 10.30pm when Abroad. I was too flummoxed (and hungry) to do anything but look befuddled. Especially as I had been making obvious signs of needing dinner from the minute we had arrived at 7pm.

6-8? You mean between 8 and 9 isn't breakfast? Poppycock!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jparx said:

I see your dinner lady, and raise you Lunchlady Doris

 

Americanism. Automatic disqualification.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Breakfast

Lunch 

Tea 

This is the correct answer. Thanks everyone else for playing. 

A cup of tea for your dinner isn't very substantial. But I guess it depends on how many sugars you put in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somewhere, Neil is reading the deterioration of yet another thread and quietly sobbing in the corner.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Quark said:

Somewhere, Neil is reading the deterioration of yet another thread and quietly sobbing in the corner.

Well he needs to get us something to talk about then doesn't he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jparx said:

Agreed.

It's a "lunch box" not a "dinner box", and tea is something you drink. You don't have your evening meal in a "tea room", you have it in the "dining room". And it's called "fine dining", not "fine teaing"

You can't have fine dining or eat in the dining room at midday? What?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

People who call the evening meal supper, though? Absolute wrong 'uns.

That I can agree on.  Supper is a snack before bed, perhaps some cheese on toast or similar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Quark said:

That I can agree on.  Supper is a snack before bed, perhaps some cheese on toast or similar.

Exactly. When I was in catered halls we used to have tea between 5:30 and 8, and one of my flatmates used to always ask in the group chat who wants to get supper. At half past 5. He wasn't even southern, he was from Lincoln (I assume calling it supper is a southern thing because I've never heard anyone else in real life call it supper). Baffling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Then she's not playing at all. She'll be back to headline properly with album #5.

If that was defo true she would headlining this year instead of Stormzy, buy they've said there isn't any available female headliner sized acts about. On Stormzy, not to be funny but he's headlining a series in Ireland that Hozier and Slash are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

If that was defo true she would headlining this year instead of Stormzy, buy they've said there isn't any available female headliner sized acts about. On Stormzy, not to be funny but he's headlining a series in Ireland that Hozier and Slash are.

She's not headlining next year because it'll only be three festivals and one album since she last did it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Quark said:

Somewhere, Neil is reading the deterioration of yet another thread and quietly sobbing in the corner.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...