What I learnt during the ticket sale.

alibear

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

Yes that was discussed extensively Thursday night and it's not true from my experience. Seems they likely changed it for performance issues? 

Yes the Glastonbury Festivals logo graphic disappeared from the holding page on Thursday evening, but now it looks like the wilderness one has changed *again*, to just this:

image.png.b05c71caaa44f7d2f41824208eefcc6b.png

Compared to the normal holding page, which is this:

image.png.55c890c90442d5ebbb375e030483aac6.png

1 minute ago, billum said:

Yes the Glastonbury Festivals logo graphic disappeared from the holding page on Thursday evening, but now it looks like the wilderness one has changed *again*, to just this:

image.png.b05c71caaa44f7d2f41824208eefcc6b.png

Compared to the normal holding page, which is this:

image.png.55c890c90442d5ebbb375e030483aac6.png

The wording is odd.....first one suggests the sale is yet to start..but the second suggests its underway....I'm confused.

32 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Seems fine here...have you tried clearing cache etc and reloading the browser?

Yep, tried all that - I appear to be blocked by See Tickets! I can't load any page from their site, but everything else is fine. On Chrome I get 

"www.seetickets.com didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE"

And on Firefox:
"The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading."

4G is fine so I can just use that if needs be. I've already got my ticket and am trying for mates. I have been playing around a fair bit with refreshing, hitting the limit a few times - I'd suggest people not to do much refreshing on the tickets page from now on!

23 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Yep, tried all that - I appear to be blocked by See Tickets! I can't load any page from their site, but everything else is fine. On Chrome I get 

"www.seetickets.com didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE"

And on Firefox:
"The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading."

4G is fine so I can just use that if needs be. I've already got my ticket and am trying for mates. I have been playing around a fair bit with refreshing, hitting the limit a few times - I'd suggest people not to do much refreshing on the tickets page from now on!

Strange.  Did you do anything non-standard when getting your ticket....I assume on Thurs?

2 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Try some of the fixes in here....

https://techieans.com/fix-err-empty-response/

Thanks. But fairly sure it is my IP being blocked - I get a similar error on my phone when on WiFi, but it works fine on 4G, or  through a VPN.

7 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Strange.  Did you do anything non-standard when getting your ticket....I assume on Thurs?

Nope, and I was at work then in any case.

Worried but hopeful for tomorrow! 

Following Thursdays sale and Fridays discussion I think we'll keep the F5'ing to a minimum (well less than 60 per/min and hope for the best

Please be good to us Glastonbury gods ?

1 hour ago, Badlands said:

Can anyone who got through on Thursday confirm whether they were taken via the Verified by Visa or Mastercard SecureCode when making the payment??

Never been used previously but noticed this on the website "Depending on your method of payment, you will be directed to either Verified by Visa or Mastercard SecureCode for payment authorisation. If you often make purchases online you’re probably already signed up, but if you’ve not already subscribed to one of these services you will need to do so before your transaction can be processed. "

Also keen to know this, as I don’t know any details for that kind of stuff for my cards...

2 hours ago, Badlands said:

Can anyone who got through on Thursday confirm whether they were taken via the Verified by Visa or Mastercard SecureCode when making the payment??

Never been used previously but noticed this on the website "Depending on your method of payment, you will be directed to either Verified by Visa or Mastercard SecureCode for payment authorisation. If you often make purchases online you’re probably already signed up, but if you’ve not already subscribed to one of these services you will need to do so before your transaction can be processed. "

Hmmm me too. I thought I'd seen before on here that this was never asked for....but this worries me a bit! I do actually have it I think but not sure if I can remember it now as haven't been asked for it in ages for anything!!

1 hour ago, MrZigster said:

I'm getting worried now.

Don't think I'm going to touch anything See related until tomorrow in case it suddenly decides not to like me.

It has freaked me out a bit! It could be a general anti-tout/security thing, I must have hit the page several hundred times today, in little bursts.

Of the myriad of different devices and connections I had, I only got the holding page on two, and of those two only one was instantly refreshing. I didn’t get a booking page so wasn’t successful, but my most ‘successful’ connection was via an EE wireless 4G router... EE provide the charging tents at Glastonbury... make of that what you will. 

27 minutes ago, Havors said:

Well there was a 7 min hold but only after going it your details in on the payment page. My palms were sweating until I seen the timer haha 

My payment page kept freezing which was quite worrying, glad the timer was there or I wouldn’t of noticed.

Congrats on getting your tickets, it’s the best feeling. 

Charm x

4 hours ago, Charm said:

My payment page kept freezing which was quite worrying, glad the timer was there or I wouldn’t of noticed.

Congrats on getting your tickets, it’s the best feeling. 

Charm x

You too!! That was very stressful. I need to try again for a other 6 people in April though horrible ha x

I learn't that I need to take a deep breath, give my head a shake and then continue to input my card details. Firstly I missed a number out and then I found I had totally forgot to enter the expiry date. Only found out this once the card had been rejected and I carefully put the details in from my wife's 'emergency' holiday credit card which she'd left me in the event of an emergency before she went out. I was honestly shaking like a leaf and had less than a minute left on the countdown when it went through.

On reflection I’ve learnt something that I could’ve done differently but it didn’t occur to me in the heat of the moment.

I had two friends come over who are normally next to useless in their own homes, one of them was quite useful yesterday but the other had a couple of devices but just basically fannied around and didn’t really do anything, they even went on twitter and genuinely fell for the joke tweets saying there were technical issues and the sale wouldn’t start until 10am, I mean they genuinely thought they were true!

When three of my four laptops went down I just concentrated on the one working laptop that had a holding page and just refreshed that diligently for 36 minutes with no joy.

With benefit of hindsight I should’ve got the mate who was next to useless to take over rerfreshing this laptop and I could’ve tried to get the others working on different browsers etc.

It still may not have made a blind but if difference but it’s annoyed me since.

When you’re in the zone you’re in the zone though and I just assumed I’d eventually get through as I always have from that position in the past.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton