What I learnt during the ticket sale.

alibear

3 minutes ago, clarkete said:

But to what end?

Different incognito windows will all have uniquie cookies/token... so each on has its own chance of getting through.

Normal windows would all have the same cookie and thus they dont all have their own chance of getting through. (not increasing your chances). 

Some browsers can be launched and / or configured to fire up in a separate process environment for each tab session, rather than a single process running all tabbed sessions. Certainly I'd expect that sessions running in a separate process would have their own cookie environment and be awarded their own session ID.

7 minutes ago, Havors said:

Different incognito windows will all have uniquie cookies/token... so each on has its own chance of getting through.

Normal windows would all have the same cookie and thus they dont all have their own chance of getting through. (not increasing your chances). 

I know what the browser does  ;) 

Have you got any real world examples of people who say they tried this year with multiple incognito windows and were more successful?

I've not seen any.

I know what the browser does  ;) 

Have you got any real world examples of people who say they tried this year with multiple incognito windows and were more successful?

I've not seen any.

Try it yourself right now. Go to the page... open a few incognito pages. Set up and auto refresh that hits the 60 times per second limit and start them at different times. They should all hit the limit at different times.

Try it again but without incognito windows. Watch as soon as one hits the limit all the others will also hit it. 

Also its not the fact you are using incognito that give you a better chance its just having a higher amount of different windows trying. Just the same as having 10 people try is better than 1. 

Edited by Havors

11 minutes ago, Havors said:

Try it yourself right now. Go to the page... open a few incognito pages. Set up and auto refresh that hits the 60 times per second limit and start them at different times. They should all hit the limit at different times.

Try it again but without incognito windows. Watch as soon as one hits the limit all the others will also hit it. 

Also its not the fact you are using incognito that give you a better chance its just having a higher amount of different windows trying. Just the same as having 10 people try is better than 1. 

I understand your point, I just disagree that it's beneficial :P 

Hence why I'm asking for real world examples of people who have bought tickets more successfully.  I await your Sunday endeavours with interest.

I understand your point, I just disagree that it's beneficial :P 

Hence why I'm asking for real world examples of people who have bought tickets more successfully.  I await your Sunday endeavours with interest.

haha oh the benefit is only the same having 3 people is better than 1 nothing else. It is all down to luck. You could have 40 people trying and not get through and then 1 guy on his own gets through. It just gives you little more of a chance. Simple probability. 

Just to pick up on a few points that seem to be new:

1) Tickets are being "held" for 7 minutes. This should mean that you don't have the "get through then get sold out when trying to pay"

2) Cards are being charged in real time - in previous years the system just took the details and batch processed them later in the day.

Of course, this could change for the main sale as quanities are different but still.

13 minutes ago, Havors said:

haha oh the benefit is only the same having 3 people is better than 1 nothing else. It is all down to luck. You could have 40 people trying and not get through and then 1 guy on his own gets through. It just gives you little more of a chance. Simple probability. 

I don't find that my limitation is the technology with the multiple browser and tab combinations.

I find that as I get older it's clear that I'm very much better as a uni-tasker ;) 

Even last night, with just two different machines, both different IPs with one browser and tab on each being manually refreshed there was once or twice where I thought "Oh b*ll*x did I just F5 the laptop screen without looking to see whether it had gone to the order page?"

Anecdotally I did find both tabs on edge got to the page I wanted, as did one tab on chrome on the other machine.  Sadly it wasn't until 10-15 minutes later that someone texted to say "Have you had any joy as we haven't?"

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

I don't find that my limitation is the technology with the multiple browser and tab combinations.

I find that as I get older it's clear that I'm very much better as a uni-tasker ;) 

Even last night, with just two different machines, both different IPs with one browser and tab on each being manually refreshed there was once or twice where I thought "Oh b*ll*x did I just F5 the laptop screen without looking to see whether it had gone to the order page?"

Anecdotally I did find both tabs on edge got to the page I wanted, as did one tab on chrome on the other machine.  Sadly it wasn't until 10-15 minutes later that someone texted to say "Have you had any joy as we haven't?"

Agreed.... im much more a uni-tasker these days haha 

Is this thing about tickets being held for 6 minutes definite, then? Sounds like a godsend, because I panic like mad when I get through to payment page.

If so, I'm presuming it happens after you've entered the reg numbers/postcodes (as how else would it know how many tickets to hold?), so I need to enter those as quickly as possible regardless.

13 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

1) Tickets are being "held" for 7 minutes. This should mean that you don't have the "get through then get sold out when trying to pay"

2) Cards are being charged in real time - in previous years the system just took the details and batch processed them later in the day.

Of course, this could change for the main sale as quanities are different but still.

Agree with 2), I was surprised to find my card had been charged straight away

Still not convinced about 1) though - and if it's true, then this is a first for this year (and if so, it's stated as 6 minutes, not 7)

Edited by billum

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Is this thing about tickets being held for 6 minutes definite, then? Sounds like a godsend, because I panic like mad when I get through to payment page.

If so, I'm presuming it happens after you've entered the reg numbers/postcodes (as how else would it know how many tickets to hold?), so I need to enter those as quickly as possible regardless.

Well it would hold a maximum of 6 anyway as that's the maximum in any one transaction. So it could hold 6 then any unused spaces, get thrown back in to the pot

35 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Don’t think tickets are being held, copied this from the holding page.

Charm x

Once you access the booking site, you may enter the registration details for up to 6 tickets. When you reach the payment page you will have 6 minutes to complete your transaction.

Please note that tickets are not secured until payment has been processed.

If you do not complete your transaction in this time, you will need to start a new session before submitting another attempt

Edited by Charm

2 minutes ago, Charm said:

Don’t think tickets are being held, copied this from the holding page.

Charm x

Once you access the booking site, you may enter the registration details for up to 6 tickets. When you reach the payment page you will have 6 minutes to complete your transaction.

Please note that tickets are not secured until payment has been processed.

If you do not complete your transaction in this time, you will need to start a new session before submitting another attempt

Haha you just contradicted yourself?? typo?

You said they aren't being held but the copy paste blatantly says you have 6 minutes to complete the transaction? 

1 minute ago, Havors said:

You said they aren't being held but the copy paste blatantly says you have 6 minutes to complete the transaction? 

It doesn’t say your tickets are held, surely if they were it would say so, maybe I’m just reading it wrong .

Charm x

I actually learnt two pretty important things from the coach sale, which I'm glad didn't happen on Sunday

1. Only one out of six of us managed to get through to the payments page, and that was in the dying seconds once all the Weds tickets were gone. Once there, it turned out that a) she somehow didn't know how to copy and paste on her own mac, b) she had got safari fullscreen so she couldn't see the excel spreadsheet to type the words across, c) me flipping out in the background when she started copy and pasting peoples names into postcode boxes didn't help. Thus, I learnt that she needs to practice what happens if we actually see a payment screen (and I probably need to send a more detailed memo out to the newbies) and I probably need to calm the fuck down

2. My other friend messaged me at approximately 5.57pm saying "I never got an email back from Glastonbury when I changed my phone...do you think its ok?" To which I replied with something like: ARE YOU SHITTING ME???? We decided to continue, with his details still in our group of six. When we went for a consolatory pint afterwards, he checked his junk mail and discovered that his photo had infant been rejected and he was not eligible to buy a ticket. I dread to think what I would have done if we'd got to the payment page and discovered that....

Edited by Sasperella
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Charm said:

It doesn’t say your tickets are held, surely if they were it would say so, maybe I’m just reading it wrong .

Charm x

Well you dont have 6 minutes if they arent held. :)You could have 1 minute, 2 minutes, 20 seconds... They would be lying or being misleading. 

Unless its really badly worded and should say, if you havent completed the transaction within 6 minutes you will be returned to the queue... 

The way they have worded it sort of implies they will hold them for 6 minutes once you are on the payment page... :D Not saying they are held just that they are a bit ambiguous 

• Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Havors said:

They are right though, where does it say tickets are held? It simply says you have 6 minutes to complete your transaction. All this implies is you’ve got 6 minutes to enter all your details before the session expires, not that tickets are definitely held for you for 6 minutes.

7 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I actually learnt two pretty important things from the coach sale, which I'm glad didn't happen on Sunday

1. Only one out of six of us managed to get through to the payments page, and that was in the dying seconds once all the Weds tickets were gone. Once there, it turned out that a) she somehow didn't know how to copy and paste on her own mac, b) she had got safari fullscreen so she couldn't see the excel spreadsheet to type the words across, c) me flipping out in the background when she started copy and pasting peoples names into postcode boxes didn't help. Thus, I learnt that she needs to practice what happens if we actually see a payment screen (and I probably need to send a more detailed memo out to the newbies) and I probably need to calm the fuck down

2. My other friend messaged me at approximately 5.57pm saying "I never got an email back from Glastonbury when I changed my phone...do you think its ok?" To which I replied with something like: ARE YOU SHITTING ME???? We decided to continue, with his details still in our group of six. When we went for a consolatory pint afterwards, he checked his junk mail and discovered that his photo had infant been rejected and he was not eligible to buy a ticket. I dread to think what I would have done if we'd got to the payment page and discovered that....

Your post made me smile. Thank you! I particularly like the "I probably need to calm the fuck down" line because that's what I've been telling myself for the past 22 hours, and I can see how I will have to say it between F5 and F5 on Sunday morning.

Not sure where this desperation is coming from, but I'm more worried about getting tickets than about the house I just put on sale and the two mortgages I will need to keep paying if it doesn't sell quickly. 

I probably need to calm the fuck down. And reassess my priorities? :D

Edited by Gabi_says

the session lasts for 6 minutes.

just because you get through to the page doesn't mean that you have "reserved" tickets and have 6 minutes to buy them.

it means that if you don't complete the purchase within 6 minutes, you'll have to start over again.

tickets can still sell out while you're entering your details

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

They are right though, where does it say tickets are held? It simply says you have 6 minutes to complete your transaction. All this implies is you’ve got 6 minutes to enter all your details before the session expires, not that tickets are definitely held for you for 6 minutes.

Yes that was my reading of it too..... until a couple of people reported on here that they saw a message saying "Tickets reserved for..." and the names of the people they'd entered registrations for! This has yet to be confirmed, it's just a couple of people who admitted that they couldn't be certain (in the heat of the moment), but is it possible that this year for the first time tickets *are* reserved by the time you get to the second page, where the names of those you've entered registrations for are confirmed?

2 minutes ago, Gabi_says said:

Your post made me smile. Thank you! I particularly like the "I probably need to calm the fuck down" line because that's what I've been telling myself for the past 22 hours, and I can see how I will have to say it between F5 and F5 on Sunday morning.

Ahem, we have the rest of the year to calm the fuck down - until Sunday's sale is over, I'm definitely revved up to 11 or beyond....

2 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

the session lasts for 6 minutes.

just because you get through to the page doesn't mean that you have "reserved" tickets and have 6 minutes to buy them.

it means that if you don't complete the purchase within 6 minutes, you'll have to start over again.

tickets can still sell out while you're entering your details

But people have said that when they got to the payment page it said "Tickets held for" and had a 6 minute countdown.