What I learnt during the ticket sale.

alibear

The lead booker is the person who enters their reg. no. in the first slot on the registration page. Additional persons are added below in slot 2, 3, etc to max of 6 in total. Ticket confirmation and booking reference are sent to the email of the lead. The additional persons usually also get an email to their address confirming a deposit has been paid on a ticket for them.

• Upvote 1

Was trying in Chrome & Edge, Chrome kept taking ages to load, Edge was loading instantly. This either means Edge wasn't really loading and I should stick with Chrome, or Chrome's pissing about and I should stick with Edge. Or both, or neither. Aaargh!

7 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Was trying in Chrome & Edge, Chrome kept taking ages to load, Edge was loading instantly. This either means Edge wasn't really loading and I should stick with Chrome, or Chrome's pissing about and I should stick with Edge. Or both, or neither. Aaargh!

As I said before out of all the browsers I used, Chrome was the only one failing to load properly.  I will still use all of them on Sunday - nothing to lose!

3 hours ago, Simsy said:

Both worked for me on Thursday.  Two tabs progressed beyond the queue on Edge and 1 on Chrome on a different machine going via a work VPN.  The edge one was the one I successfully raised the order on.

Re the refresh rate. Not sure if this is useful, but I was in the office trying to help two workmates on Thursday. I was consciously trying to avoid exceeding 60 refreshes/minute, but I had not told my workmates about this limit. One of them got through to the booking page, as did her friend outside my office (who also wouldn't have known about the limit). Now it's quite possible that they just naturally didn't exceed it anyway, of course. But still, not changing behaviour to comply with this limit didn't hold them back, in this situation at least.

31 minutes ago, Kashkin said:

Re the refresh rate. Not sure if this is useful, but I was in the office trying to help two workmates on Thursday. I was consciously trying to avoid exceeding 60 refreshes/minute, but I had not told my workmates about this limit. One of them got through to the booking page, as did her friend outside my office (who also wouldn't have known about the limit). Now it's quite possible that they just naturally didn't exceed it anyway, of course. But still, not changing behaviour to comply with this limit didn't hold them back, in this situation at least.

That's only helpful if you ask them.

Most people wouldn't naturally want to press it more than once per second, especially if the browser gives a visual cue that it's pretending to do something - which edge certainly did. 

5 minutes ago, clarkete said:

That's only helpful if you ask them.

Most people wouldn't naturally want to press it more than once per second, especially if the browser gives a visual cue that it's pretending to do something - which edge certainly did. 

For me, Chrome was taking a while to load each time and you wouldn't have wanted to refresh that fast, however Firefox was very quick - at that rate you could probably exceed. I was somewhat suspicious whether it was actually doing anything, and abandoned it and stuck with Chrome. I agree if the browser's behaving like Chrome did then you'd be unlikely to exceed.

9 minutes ago, Kashkin said:

For me, Chrome was taking a while to load each time and you wouldn't have wanted to refresh that fast, however Firefox was very quick - at that rate you could probably exceed. I was somewhat suspicious whether it was actually doing anything, and abandoned it and stuck with Chrome. I agree if the browser's behaving like Chrome did then you'd be unlikely to exceed.

I had browsers all over the world, all Chrome and they usually refreshed very quickly. Except in Japan, that browser took bloody ages!

3 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

I have heard that “ in private browsing “ helps , 

has anyone else heard the same and is there any logic behind it ?

I've used incognito windows and normal windows every time and have never got anywhere near on an incognito one. I had been wondering if for some reason you couldn't get through on incognito but I don't know why you wouldn't be able to. But yeah, in my experience it's certainly never helped.

2 hours ago, Kashkin said:

I read that as "succeed" and started freaking out. It's all getting a bit much!

I was quite literally bargaining with the Glastonbury gods today during my spin class - "If I keep over 110RPM for this bit then we'll get tickets" etc etc. Can someone please tell me that this sort of behaviour is normal? It would be very much appreciated :lol:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I read that as "succeed" and started freaking out. It's all getting a bit much!

I was quite literally bargaining with the Glastonbury gods today during my spin class - "If I keep over 110RPM for this bit then we'll get tickets" etc etc. Can someone please tell me that this sort of behaviour is normal? It would be very much appreciated :lol:

I do that all the time!  Whether it's buying tickets, or praying for football results.  "If I do some housework, I'll have some credit in the bank so will deserve some tickets/Chelsea to win..."  Because Chelsea' s results are of course all about what I've done on match day!

3 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I do that all the time!  Whether it's buying tickets, or praying for football results.  "If I do some housework, I'll have some credit in the bank so will deserve some tickets/Chelsea to win..."  Because Chelsea' s results are of course all about what I've done on match day!

Yup...same here.  In Thai Buddhist religion it's known as ' making merit'.  It's very closely linked to 'karma'.

6 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Just now, parsonjack said:

Yup...same here.  In Thai Buddhist religion it's known as ' making merit'.  It's very closely linked to 'karma'.

Haha good to know :D

9 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

If you see an old lady struggling across the road....today is DEFINITELY the day to stop the traffic and help out ?

Check if she's registered and ask her to join your ticket group......

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Ha ha!  Coincidentally this just popped up on my FB memories from 2016: 

"I've got the day off today and have made a "to-do" list. I have casually added "buy Glastonbury tickets" to it. I am now superstitiously thinking that if I manage to do everything else on the list by 6 o'clock, it will follow that I will get tickets."

Edited by Beerqueen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

You got beyond the queue THREE times?????? :wacko:

Sorry, that was within 5 minutes too! I was under no illusions about how fortunate I was, considering the years I've struggled so much more and I really wasn't sure if I wanted coach tickets.

Somehow once there was a page to put in details it seemed fate had told me I did want them. 

It's certainly possible the other tab and machine would have tripped at a later stage, so just tell yourself that ?