What I learnt during the ticket sale.

alibear

18 minutes ago, Havors said:

Haha you just contradicted yourself?? typo?

You said they aren't being held but the copy paste blatantly says you have 6 minutes to complete the transaction? 

I think the line "Please note that tickets are not secured until payment has been processed." means tickets are not held until you've successfully sent your credit card details. So basically, those 6 minutes are there just for you to enter all information but your tickets could be snatched by someone else in the meantime.

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah and if people are saying that when they got to the payment page it said "Tickets held for" with a countdown from 6 minutes, it seems like they probably are being held. If I had that countdown and then clicked purchase and got told tickets had sold out I'd be pretty miffed.

Haven’t read any reports of people saying that, think it’s best to assume they aren’t being held and get the payment completed as quickly possible.

Charm x

• Upvote 1

Just now, Gabi_says said:

I think the line "Please note that tickets are not secured until payment has been processed." means tickets are not held until you've successfully sent your credit card details. So basically, those 6 minutes are there just for you to enter all information but your tickets could be snatched by someone else in the meantime.

Yes I still think this is the most likely scenario - and there's no harm in assuming it is! If you take your foot off the pedal once you're entering the payment details and tickets *don't* happen to be reserved..... well it doesn't bear thinking about....

1 minute ago, billum said:

Yes that was my reading of it too..... until a couple of people reported on here that they saw a message saying "Tickets reserved for..." and the names of the people they'd entered registrations for! This has yet to be confirmed, it's just a couple of people who admitted that they couldn't be certain (in the heat of the moment), but is it possible that this year for the first time tickets *are* reserved by the time you get to the second page, where the names of those you've entered registrations for are confirmed?

Ah ok, I’m almost certain this came up two years ago. Not the countdown but im sure there was something similar about having a certain period of time to complete the transaction, but I know for a fact in the last main sale tickets could still sell out while you were trying to book.

I wouldn’t trust it unless I get through and see a very specific message and countdown confirming the tickets are definitely held for 6 minutes!

if it’s true it should extend the sale time by a bit, because surely while people are trying nobody will be able to get through of those tickets are held up and not available, and then if people will have issues with reg numbers, card details etc if they can’t complete in 6 minutes those tickets become available again and so on.

1 minute ago, Gabi_says said:

But secured doesn't necessarily mean the same as held. "Secured" may mean that they're now yours, in that you've submitted your money in exchange for them, whilst "held" may mean that they've been taken off the market whilst you have time to enter your payment information and secure them for yourself. That's how I read it, anyway.

2 minutes ago, Charm said:

Haven’t read any reports of people saying that, think it’s best to assume they aren’t being held and get the payment completed as quickly possible.

Charm x

Fair enough, in the midst of the ticket sale yesterday there were a couple of people who posted on here that they got that message when entering their payment details.

3 minutes ago, Gabi_says said:

Well thats applies no matter what way you look at it. If you dont pay you dont get them  held or not.... 

5 minutes ago, Charm said:

Charm x

I have heard a few times there was a held message. Cant verify it though. 

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

But secured doesn't necessarily mean the same as held. "Secured" may mean that they're now yours, in that you've submitted your money in exchange for them, whilst "held" may mean that they've been taken off the market whilst you have time to enter your payment information and secure them for yourself. That's how I read it, anyway.

You might be right, but I remember reading messages last night from people who were still within the 6 minutes but by the time they submitted the form, got a 'tickets sold out' message or something like that? It wouldn't make any sense if their tickets were held. 

But I don't know: I didn't see anything but the holding page all night last night (even after falling asleep, that's all I saw)

1 minute ago, Gabi_says said:

You might be right, but I remember reading messages last night from people who were still within the 6 minutes but by the time they submitted the form, got a 'tickets sold out' message or something like that? It wouldn't make any sense if their tickets were held. 

But I don't know: I didn't see anything but the holding page all night last night (even after falling asleep, that's all I saw)

Yeah I heard that... BUT there were loads of issues with tickets + coach spaces that where screwing people over. Who knows until sunday? We are all debating about nothing really haha 

4 hours ago, billum said:

Looking like the Headless Busy Page spectre is not conclusively the locked-out one then, it could just as well be the normal one with a bit of deadweight removed by the server operators

As far as we know, then, there is no difference between the locked-out and the normal busy pages... not helpful for Sunday

Agreed.

2 hours ago, Radi0Head said:

Anyone else had similar negative or positive experiences with FireFox? I plan to use FireFox on Sunday as I've AutoFill set up on it. However may consider using chrome if people have been finding it annoying.

Not sure if anyone answered this - we were using chrome, explorer and firefox.... firefox got nowhere near the holding page.  Anecdotal of course, but I would at least have options...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Havors said:

Correct! This is why you can use multiple incog tabs and not multiple non-incog tabs... 

Hang on, if I open a new Incognito window, login into a site, then open another incognito window, I can get straight into the logged in site.

But here's the weird thing, I don't seem to have the cookies in the new window until I try to access the secured content, at which point a cookie magically appears!  WTAF?  

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Hang on, if I open a new Incognito window, login into a site, then open another incognito window, I can get straight into the logged in site.

But here's the weird thing, I don't seem to have the cookies in the new window until I try to access the secured content, at which point a cookie magically appears!  WTAF?  

That is likely the browser storing a local cookie or saved user information. I can use incog and still auto fill log ins etc whos knows? haha 

Edited by Havors

4 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

I always thought that applying for coach tickets in a biggish group was fraught with difficulty - surely theres a real risk of less than the number of seats available on a coach left than you are asking for...

Think someone said previously that they gather the total tickets from an area and allocate the correct number of coaches accordingly

I've been on the coach a few times and there's usually spare seats on it

3 minutes ago, pentura said:

Think someone said previously that they gather the total tickets from an area and allocate the correct number of coaches accordingly

I've been on the coach a few times and there's usually spare seats on it

Interesting thanks - I have only ever done the coach from That London and obviously they fill them until they are full and then send them - if people arent there who should be on it they fill it with latecomers from previous coaches iyswim.

I think it's safe to assume tickets arnt held whilst on the booking page - that would require more code and system design time anyway and so on. See are in the business to sell the tickets and arnt that fussed about a few people being inconvenienced towards the end of the sale when it sells out mid booking for many peeps. If funds fail then those tix may be released and then resold later in the resales with defaulted deposits.

Best advice...don’t take anything for certain until you see a confirmation page, and before that be as organised as you can so you can complete the process without making errors whilst at the same proceeding as quickly as you possibly can.

Don’t over analyse the 6 minute issue, it’s misguiding in so much as once we are passed the (unknowable) 6 mins before sell-out time it will be irrelevant. Think of the 6 minutes as you’ve joined the queue but it doesn’t mean you get to the counter in time.

1 hour ago, Kay95 said:

Not sure if anyone answered this - we were using chrome, explorer and firefox.... firefox got nowhere near the holding page.  Anecdotal of course, but I would at least have options...

Thanks for this, I’ve now read elsewhere that having multiple browsers (as opposed to multiple tabs) is a good method. so will be using multiple browsers

8 hours ago, al_coholic said:

I have the same problem at work. It appears that Seetickets use an old security certificate on their web servers, my work place uses McAfee Web Gateways and they reject the Seetickets cert and refuse to load the page. Its a right pain, because my work SP4 is much quicker than the laptops & PCs I have at home...

It loaded until what I’m guessing what the reg entry page. Was heartbreaking! Shall be trying from home Sunday 

I'm hoping someone can help me out here.

I've just read on another thread that someone who was trying to buy tickets entered the lead booker when trying to get tickets last night, but when they did they were told the lead booker was wrong.

So, my husband registered separately to me a few years ago, updated his pic etc. I registered a few months ago with both my sons. So I have 3 registered to 1 email address and my husband registered on his email. Is this a problem when trying to get all the tickets at the same time, if not, who would be the lead booker?