What I learnt during the ticket sale.

alibear

Bang on 18:00 I got a full server overload crash message....that page took 2-3 looong minutes to escape from.

After actually getting through from the holding page of misery into the booking system...the rest of the form was a breeze. The tick boxes were an unwelcome extra nightmare, I’ve no idea what I’ve consented to, but who cares!

Still in slight shock now...best day

23 minutes ago, upshitcreek said:

I just kept getting this or a variation of this message. I had tried other cities which wouldn't allow me to pick any tickets. I must've missed a tick box somewhere 

2D78B8C9-62D5-4FD4-8D11-35AB8D71F6AD.jpeg

19 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

yeh i kept getting that message aswell, think it was just because the tickets had sold out maybe as the box/bus times that I had chosen were coming up as unavailable after seeing that message.

There was a drop-down with the number of deposits to order in it. I noticed after the page had reloaded once it reset the drop-down to zero.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

There was a drop-down with the number of deposits to order in it. I noticed after the page had reloaded once it reset the drop-down to zero.

Yeah I was definitely filling those out! Whole thing was a blur to be honest.

Really gutted to have missed out on coach tickets for first time in 4 years, here's hoping my group and I have more luck on Sunday.

I assume you go tickets,  congrats if you did!  :)

2 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

Yeah I was definitely filling those out! Whole thing was a blur to be honest.

Really gutted to have missed out on coach tickets for first time in 4 years, here's hoping my group and I have more luck on Sunday.

I assume you go tickets,  congrats if you did!  :)

I did, thanks! Someone else in my group got me one. Six of us going down in the coach from Manchester.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

I mentioned it in another thread but nobody seems to have had the same experience. Maybe I was high on the adrenaline!

We got through to the payment screen for coach tickets from Manchester. There was a countdown timer that started on more than 6 minutes and said 'tickets held for'. 

Now this is disputed on the other tips thread, where the resounding opinion was that tickets were not held for payment? I'd happily accepted that and now I'm conflicted again! :D

4 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

I mentioned it in another thread but nobody seems to have had the same experience. Maybe I was high on the adrenaline!

We got through to the payment screen for coach tickets from Manchester. There was a countdown timer that started on more than 6 minutes and said 'tickets held for'. 

Yes I had that as well. From after entering the registrations there was a countdown but it crashed after entering card details and couldn’t get it back. 

And then my mates got confirmation emails so it had worked after all! 

7 hours ago, Superscally said:

Now this is disputed on the other tips thread, where the resounding opinion was that tickets were not held for payment? I'd happily accepted that and now I'm conflicted again! :D

Yeh, I've got the impression not many others noticed (or didn't have) this timer. I'm 99.9% certain it was there with the tickets held phrase. Just like when buying any other gig tickets. Whether that is a bug in the system or it meant something different I don't know! Interesting though as I know the fact tickets aren't usually held is hotly debated! Personally I think once you are at the payment stage the tickets should be held so you can calmly enter all your payment details.

10 hours ago, upshitcreek said:

I just kept getting this or a variation of this message. I had tried other cities which wouldn't allow me to pick any tickets. I must've missed a tick box somewhere 

2D78B8C9-62D5-4FD4-8D11-35AB8D71F6AD.jpeg

Had this issue too. It was because the additional registrations had vanished from the page. So if I selected '4' deposits, clicked proceed, the additional reg's would vanish. Like someone else said, it might be because of the tickets being sold out... but See have definitely changed something since the last sale. 

7 hours ago, stu_kent said:

Yes I had that as well. From after entering the registrations there was a countdown but it crashed after entering card details and couldn’t get it back. 

And then my mates got confirmation emails so it had worked after all! 

I was getting tickets for mates and also got the timer. Just as well as Halifax decided to do a security check on her debit card so it was declining despite her having funds! Luckily I was able to call her and get her credit card details all the while the timer was ticking down. Probably rare but perhaps have a back up card just in case

11 hours ago, Ged Devereux said:

Did anyone use the shortcut keys on apple? Our's didn't seem to work, only tried the once and went back to the manually typing, not too bad when theres one reading them out and one typing!

A-ha, so I guess you do mean the text keyboard shortcuts on your mac didn't work? That is worrying!

Do we need to be considerate of this new refresh limit? Having 5 devices on one wifi router is going to exceed to no of refreshes I assume?

That worries me, but I suppose a 4G hotspot can combat that slightly. Im so bloody nervous already! 2017 festival I was beyond lucky and had tickets by 9:05 and I know this year is going to be nothing like that

3 minutes ago, across97 said:

Do we need to be considerate of this new refresh limit? Having 5 devices on one wifi router is going to exceed to no of refreshes I assume?

That worries me, but I suppose a 4G hotspot can combat that slightly. Im so bloody nervous already! 2017 festival I was beyond lucky and had tickets by 9:05 and I know this year is going to be nothing like that

It'd be interesting to see how this played out in the end. Some of the more knowledgeable techies might jump in here.

Is there an actual page that appears when you have refreshed too much / exceeded the supposed 60 per minute?

If not, How will one know if they have? - unless you have a counter or else can keep track of exactly how many refreshes you did

I ask because there were three of us in one house last night trying, we were all on the same WiFi / IP Address and all that jazz, probably a dozen pages open at any one time across all three laptops / browsers / tabs etc, all manually refreshing, and all three of us seemed to stay on the holding screen no matter how many refreshes it took.

Think the whole lot went down at about 6:10ish so the pages couldn't be displayed for a couple of minutes but apart from that, there was no page or anything indicating we had exceeded the 60 refreshes. All of our tabs / browsers / devices etc seemed to connect to the same holding page straight away no matter how many refreshes - I think it definitely would have exceeded 60 at some point

What gives? Did anyone see a page stating they had exceeded the limit? Interesting to hear..

Hopefully Sunday we'll have more luck

20 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

A-ha, so I guess you do mean the text keyboard shortcuts on your mac didn't work? That is worrying!

Yeah, it was on my brothers mac, they worked for him last year. Luckily there was two of us, so much quicker one reading and the other typing. Our group was already sorted so it was for my cousins group, reckon that must have been one of the last ones to get Wednesday tickets at 6:19! 

7 minutes ago, sinhala said:

Does the credit/debit card number need to be entered in 4 separate boxes or the whole number in one box ?

Important to know for cut and paste

Didn't get through to it last night but I think from memory over previous years it was 4 separate boxes - someone how got them last night might confirm

1 minute ago, pentura said:

Didn't get through to it last night but I think from memory over previous years it was 4 separate boxes - someone how got them last night might confirm

Its a quite archaic way and poor UX to have 4 separate boxes for your card number. I can imagine they would use that system. Any UI worth a damn is one box for your number.