Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

1 hour ago, mln said:

Both Pinkpop and Werchter Boutique announced FM today, I see no point in waiting with such a big announcement, assuming they are on the bill. However, 1999 clue doesn't fit to FM (or we can't find the connection).

aye, if Fleetwood Mac aren't today you'd imagine they're just not playing 

3 minutes ago, ConorC said:

As a standalone first announcement that's massively underwhelming considering some of the names they were firing out in group announcements last year.

Anecdotal but better than any band last year for met. 

I appreciate that's not the case for most and am not trying to say it is. Unfortunately I don't think I can go next year. 

Just now, rhg_99 said:

may be a underwhelming to some but they're an incredible live band. 

Don't think anyone would call them a bad band by any stretch but considering they've been regularly doing gigs and festivals everywhere I'm just not sure about the big built up announcement, I guess I was expecting something a bit more 'exclusive'.

Probably not that big an issue in the grand scheme.

20 hours ago, The Martini Police said:

Thought I was onto something with Kings of Leon (formed in 1999) until I realised they played 2 years ago. The National were formed in '99 too but surely it's unlikely they'll be back by then. Any other major bands formed in 1999? 

Back sooner than I thought then! Pretty excited at the thought of a new album now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Don't think anyone would call them a bad band by any stretch but considering they've been regularly doing gigs and festivals everywhere I'm just not sure about the big built up announcement, I guess I was expecting something a bit more 'exclusive'.

Probably not that big an issue in the grand scheme.

Yeah i do understand where you're coming from, is odd that their first announcement is a band that played both Primavera and Nos Alive this year. I think the organisers have a tough task though as it'll be near impossible for the 2019 line up to be as strong as this year's.