'Female, not British' artist for Sunday legend slot

pie_and_a_pint

1 minute ago, Gabi_says said:

I've just realized that the best way to figure this place out is to clique-clique-clique around, isn't it? Took me a while, I'm a bit old and rusty to clique-clique-clique but oh well, yawn and etc.

We were all new here once. 

14 minutes ago, Gabi_says said:

I've just realized that the best way to figure this place out is to clique-clique-clique around, isn't it? Took me a while, I'm a bit old and rusty to clique-clique-clique but oh well, yawn and etc.

Difference between in-jokes and cliques dude. You'll not get frozen out because you don't know the jokes (which would be very damn cliquey indeed) but yeah, some of them will go over your head for a bit.

HMV nailed it, all newbies once. I didnt have a clue what they were banging on about, and half the time I still don't!

Welcome btw :)

2 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Yeah, exactly this. I still find some parts of this place intimidating (NFR thread) but this is one of the most welcoming friendly sites on the Internet. Jump in, no-one will bite. 

Really?  I think you've been here more than 90% of the posters on that thread, myself included.

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Really?  I think you've been here more than 90% of the posters on that thread, myself included.

Yeah, but that makes no difference to the cockroaches scuttling around in my head ;)

i still nearly bottle it every year as I walk towards the Wednesday night efest meet, then have a word with myself and end up having a fantastic time. 

29 minutes ago, Gabi_says said:

The fact that a lot of nonsensical bollocks gets chatted on here is one of the charms. 

That said, today I posted in the New Music thread asking for some specific type recommendations. And received some straight, really ace responses from people on here who are often to be found being sarky / daft / jokey-biting!

Stick with it / us. 

And hi, and welcome. 

14 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Yeah, exactly this. I still find some parts of this place intimidating (NFR thread) but this is one of the most welcoming friendly sites on the Internet. Jump in, no-one will bite. 

Really? Well now. That I didn't expect. If you post there I shall gladly call you a c**t to make you feel bang at home :D

I reckon there must be loads of efesters loitering around the edge of the meet, just watching...

Edited by Quark
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Quark said:

Really? Well now. That I didn't expect. If you post there I shall gladly call you a c**t to make you feel bang at home :D

I reckon there must be loads of efesters loitering around the edge of the meet, just watching...

The only meet I’ve been able to make I posted on here on arrival at site that I’d left my fucking voddy at home. I was fuming. Yogurt OAS duly rocked up with some for me (with ‘Woffy’s Vodka’ written on it) and refused payment (I bought him random cocktails instead). 

I’d never met Yog before IRL. 

Amazing. 

Edit: amazing autocorrect of ‘I left my voddy at home’ to ‘I left my body at home’. Self own / self LOL.

Edited by Woffy

38 minutes ago, Gabi_says said:

Sorry about that. You're very welcome here! There are a few in-jokes, probably too many, I suppose.

49 minutes ago, Gabi_says said:

I still can't work out half of the stuff posted ... but just ignore that and go with the flow most of it is friendly even if some of the threads get a little carried away at times ... you might find you fail to understand it all ... but I guess thats just like life and the festival really :) ... oh and if you see someone with a pyramid on his head give me a high 5 :)

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

Yeah, but that makes no difference to the cockroaches scuttling around in my head ;)

i still nearly bottle it every year as I walk towards the Wednesday night efest meet, then have a word with myself and end up having a fantastic time. 

Wow. I'm always that so many of you cool regulars have admitted to either being too nervous to go to the meet or generally having anxiety about it. Makes me feel much more likely to show my face this year though I do fear that as my 'kids' are going as well this year I'll be giving them a tour!

28 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Wow. I'm always that so many of you cool regulars have admitted to either being too nervous to go to the meet or generally having anxiety about it. Makes me feel much more likely to show my face this year though I do fear that as my 'kids' are going as well this year I'll be giving them a tour!

Oh good Lord yes. Last year was my first, and had to properly steel myself to do it. It feels completely normal to chat rubbish on here, but that first moment of wandering in and just saying "Hi I'm Quark" to the first person you see and hope it's someone you know is bloody hard work! Luckily that first person happened to be @Curlygirl so the first thing I got was a shot of her cherry bakewell vodka! 

I know a couple of people have offered a pre-meet meet to those who are maybe less inclined to just bowl on in, and I'm more than happy to chuck my hat in the ring for that!

Edited by Quark
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Quark said:

Oh good Lord yes. Last year was my first, and had to properly steel myself to do it. It feels completely normal to chat rubbish on here, but that first moment of wandering in and just saying "Hi I'm Quark" to the first person you see and hope it's someone you know is bloody hard work! Luckily that first person happened to be @Curlygirl so the first thing I got was a shot of her cherry bakewell vodka! 

I know a couple of people have offered a pre-meet meet to those who are maybe less inclined to just bowl on in, and I'm more than happy to chuck my hat in the ring for that!

Imagine if they thought you said Mark!