'Female, not British' artist for Sunday legend slot

pie_and_a_pint

3 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah I'd quite like to see it for sure. Have only heard good things. In general I just think Gaga is a cool lady.

I seem to be alone in being a little underwhelmed by it. It’s kind of how I was expecting it, then all the great reviews flooded in, raising my expectations, only for them to be gently lowered again.

45 minutes ago, henry bear said:

I seem to be alone in being a little underwhelmed by it. It’s kind of how I was expecting it, then all the great reviews flooded in, raising my expectations, only for them to be gently lowered again.

Well it's A Star is Born isn't it, not exactly Romeo and Juliet but this a superior (and successfully contemporary) telling of the story. Bradley was a better drunk than Kris and Gaga was more believable than Babs (imho)

27 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Well it's A Star is Born isn't it, not exactly Romeo and Juliet but this a superior (and successfully contemporary) telling of the story. Bradley was a better drunk than Kris and Gaga was more believable than Babs (imho)

Not a patch on Judy Garland/James Mason though.

29 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Firstly link doesn't work. Secondly Nana Mouskouri needs to give her head a wobble.

A link that works

I kinda like that she's 83, still performing and still wanting to play a festival where most people wouldn't know who she is, or would think she needs to give her head a wobble. 

Would I like her to get that slot? No, not really. Does mine or anyone else's opinion here make any difference? I don't think so. 

Edited by Gabi_says
Adding a link that works in the EU
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Gabi_says said:

I kinda like that she's 83, still performing and still wanting to play a festival where most people wouldn't know who she is, or would think she needs to give her head a wobble. 

Would I like her to get that slot? No, not really. Does mine or anyone else's opinion here make any difference? I don't think so. 

No reason why she can’t do Glastonbury but she is nowhere near big enough for the Legend Slot.

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Oh my god my mum would be so jealous if I saw Nana Moskouri at Glastonbury. And I would have to, for her. See also Kenny Rogers (bloody loved it).

Oh she would be a perfect fit for the farm but not a chance for the tea time slot. 

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

As an aside and I've just been wondering... who was the first proper "legend" as we've come to know it? Was it Shirley Bassey? Again one my mum was a big fan of, but it was back in the dark years when I was desperate to go but had no money. Couldn't even pin down the year. 2001?

Bassey was 2007.  I dunno how far back the idea of the 'legend' goes, but I saw Johnny Cash at my first in '94, albeit I only knew him as the guy who sang the song from the Levi's ad.