Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

nope. He's already announced to headline other stuff, much smaller too.

Yeah but I can’t remember the last time a IOW headliner also appeared at Glastonbury, especially in a lower position (even if IOW looks to have downscaled this year...)

(might be forgetting somebody obvious mind)

Edited by FloorFiller

33 minutes ago, sisco said:

C0D48FFA-3351-4D34-AF18-84DB1FECCAF2.png

IOW forgot to book any headliners... Not a bad undercard but headliners underwhelming, which pretty much seems the case for most festivals both in Europe and US. Seems to me the days of the huge superstar headliners have ended. Could be they’ve have realised they can make more cash from huge one off shows and have more creative control such as Eagles, Fleetwood Mac and Billy Joel.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

doubt it ... there's just not the interest in Europe to keep him here that long.

Will be getting tix for Brizzle, tho. :D 

Yeah looks like i'll be doing the same.

I was hoping he'd be at the festival as well but alas it wasn't meant to be.

12 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Michael Franti was on Radio 6 the other night, said he’s playing some UK festivals this summer.

That would be brilliant. I’m a fan of Spearhead but even a stripped back Franti would be excellent. Songs From the Front Porch is gold. 

Edited by kalifire

Have you ever seen such a big festival with no foreign names?

edit: Sigrid’s Norwegian actually. My b.

I didn’t think Lily Allen was gonna be on tour so gonna have to expect her to turn up again. There’ll be a whopping crossover with Glasto there actually.

Edited by dentalplan

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah but I can’t remember the last time a IOW headliner also appeared at Glastonbury, especially in a lower position (even if IOW looks to have downscaled this year...)

(might be forgetting somebody obvious mind)

Ignore me.

Edited by Mezhyp1

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Have you ever seen such a big festival with no foreign names?

edit: Sigrid’s Norwegian actually. My b.

I didn’t think Lily Allen was gonna be on tour so gonna have to expect her to turn up again. There’ll be a whopping crossover with Glasto there actually.

In Lily Allen's autobiography, she talks a lot about Glastonbury and says that she associates it with her drug use and, at the time of writing, couldn't imagine returning now that she's trying to avoid that stuff.   I got the impression from reading it that, despite her love for the festival, she'd struggle to go back at this time in her life.   I suppose it's possible she could just do her set and go, treating it like any other festival, rather than hang around.

10 minutes ago, RyanS said:

In Lily Allen's autobiography, she talks a lot about Glastonbury and says that she associates it with her drug use and, at the time of writing, couldn't imagine returning now that she's trying to avoid that stuff.   I got the impression from reading it that, despite her love for the festival, she'd struggle to go back at this time in her life.   I suppose it's possible she could just do her set and go, treating it like any other festival, rather than hang around.

Has she stopped going all together since getting sober? I thought she was still there most years.

3 minutes ago, foolee said:

I actually really hope that doesn't rule out George Ezra as I thought his newest album was pretty good and was thoroughly looking forward to a Sunday afternoon set

Guess it remains to be seein if IOW’s downscaling will allow its headliners to now be at both festivals or not. Very much not expecting Noel now mind.

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Has she stopped going all together since getting sober? I thought she was still there most years.

I'm not sure but in the book there's a whole chapter dedicated to the festival.   She says in it that there are plenty of people who go to Glasto sober and that there are AA meetings there but she can't imagine doing it sober and so isn't ready to return.   It reads like a recent development.