Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

They need darkness really

Saw them at Ally Pally and the lights were good but how many acts are better in the dark? Only so many darkness slots available.

The xx, for example, are infinitely better in the dark. But they didn't turn down subbing the Pyramid because of it.

Edited by The Martini Police

Just now, The Martini Police said:

Saw them at Ally Pally and the lights were good but how many acts are better in the dark? Only so many darkness slots available.

Yeah they’ll definitely be playing open-air afternoon slots here and there. I don’t see them opening the Other though, why would anyone want this?

5 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

She was already announced for that. The reason the was potentially out of the frame is that she said she has to cancel some dates. The only other dates she has except for Beni weekend are ones directly around Glasto (plus a one off American date), so could easily still be the ones around Glasto that have been pulled).

Was she already? Missed that, thought there were still doubts about her.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It doesn’t seem like she’s cancelling any of them.

Anyway, Sheryl Crow is playing the Tinderbox Festival in Denmark at some point between Thursday and Saturday. I imagine this makes a Friday appearance more likely if she does back to back dates.

My money is on her doing Sunday at GF. Seems an obvious one to put on before Kylie.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Yeah they’ll definitely be playing open-air afternoon slots here and there. I don’t see them opening the Other though, why would anyone want this?

Yeah I don't actually think they will tbh, just putting it back out there as a possibility within the dates announced given many were predicting it previously. There are other reasons for them not to do that slot, just think the lack of darkness isn't one of them.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It doesn’t seem like she’s cancelling any of them.

Anyway, Sheryl Crow is playing the Tinderbox Festival in Denmark at some point between Thursday and Saturday. I imagine this makes a Friday appearance more likely if she does back to back dates.

Yeah just said in a group chat that I think she might not be cancelling any of them. She removed the IG post/caption about cancelling dates so maybe things changed.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Was she already? Missed that, thought there were still doubts about her.

There were, but those doubts stemmed from the fact it sounded like she was going to cancel some of her announced festivals/shows, and hence her Glasto appearance could have been cancelled for the same reason.

17 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

My money is on her doing Sunday at GF. Seems an obvious one to put on before Kylie.

Given that Patti Smith, The 1975 and Lauras Marling and Mvula are the last few occupants, I don’t think it really has much of a sequence that leads to Sheryl Crow. 

I just meant about Friday that she’d be able to stay in the UK from the weekend before, play Salford, play Glastonbury and then carry on around Europe rather than flying to Denmark and then back. Obviously that’s still possible.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Given that Patti Smith, The 1975 and Lauras Marling and Mvula are the last few occupants, I don’t think it really has much of a sequence that leads to Sheryl Crow. 

I just meant about Friday that she’d be able to stay in the UK from the weekend before, play Salford, play Glastonbury and then carry on around Europe rather than flying to Denmark and then back. Obviously that’s still possible.

She's also playing Glasgow the night after Salford, which fits in with the Friday suggestion.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I don't think it's about sequencing, more that she's a big enough name to draw a decent crowd ahead of Kylie and one that the locals will have heard of for their Sunday treat. See what you're saying about playing Denmark but it's hardly a colossal distance in terms of travel. She could do Salford Tuesday, Denmark Thursday/Friday then Glastonbury Sunday without too many issues.

She sings that song "All I wanna do is have some fun I've got a feeling I'm not the only one"

Don't know many others... apparently she did a James Bond theme and a Cat Stevens cover was popular.

She sings a song called My Favorite Mistake which is not in fact My Favorite Game by The Cardigans as I wrongly initially assumed.

5 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Alright, wind it in, at least I didn't think she was 80.

Fuck me I just Googled Celine Dion thinking she was like 80 and she's 50. Wtf.

3 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

How are you two both a similar age to me, with a decent level of cultural awareness, and not know who Sheryl Crow is?

How old are you? GOML is way older than me.

I'd always heard of her but just never known who she was. I think the fact I'd heard of her so much without knowing her music at all automatically made me think she was ancient.

1 minute ago, deadpheasant said:

She sings that song "All I wanna do is have some fun I've got a feeling I'm not the only one"

Don't know many others... apparently she did a James Bond theme and a Cat Stevens cover was popular.

She sings a song called My Favorite Mistake which is not in fact My Favorite Game by The Cardigans as I wrongly initially assumed.

Wtf are all of these songs mate?