Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

I don't dislike Elbow as much as most of efests seems to, but they would be a very stale booking in a big slot again (and it would be @Hugh Jass - no reason why they'd fall that far down). This was said a lot in the run up to 2017, it would be even worse having them yet again at the very next festival (yes I know it was a 'secret' set but still).

19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

What makes you think they would tumble down the bill?

I don’t think they’ve got the same appeal they had back when they were subbing twice. They’re the sort of band you see when there’s nothing else on, you never meet a hardcore Elbow fan. There seems to be a lot of competition for the top slots next year and I don’t see where they’d fit. Plus as friends of the festival they might be happy taking a lower slot.

14 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I don’t think they’ve got the same appeal they had back when they were subbing twice. They’re the sort of band you see when there’s nothing else on, you never meet a hardcore Elbow fan. There seems to be a lot of competition for the top slots next year and I don’t see where they’d fit. Plus as friends of the festival they might be happy taking a lower slot.

As friends of the festival, the festival would surely be less willing to knock them down the bill? And they’re still an arena filling band with big-selling albums; they’ve just plateaued at that level now.

I could see them headlining the Other against Stormzy or something. A slot they’ve never done, right?

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

As friends of the festival, the festival would surely be less willing to knock them down the bill? And they’re still an arena filling band with big-selling albums; they’ve just plateaued at that level now.

I could see them headlining the Other against Stormzy or something. A slot they’ve never done, right?

Yeah, them opposite Stormzy with a more youthful band on the JP makes a lot of sense.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

?️

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Yeah I must rebuke that one does meet loads of hardcore Elbow fans, especially when one works in IT with middle aged nerds.

I just can’t imagine getting that excited over Elbow. I mean don’t get me wrong, they’re perfectly alright but I regard them as similar to ready salted crisps - something you can have and enjoy when there’s nothing else on offer, but you’d never choose over more interesting flavours.

Edited by Hugh Jass

3 minutes ago, Bradders said:

Although Elbow are generally no more than decent and it’s not cool to hold this opinion, it has to be said that Magnificent (She Says) is an absolutely brilliant tune. Won the Ivor Novello for songwriting too. I also love ready salted crisps.

I’m not much of a fan but I think Powder Blue is a brilliant song

49 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I just can’t imagine getting that excited over Elbow. I mean don’t get me wrong, they’re perfectly alright but I regard them as similar to ready salted crisps - something you can have and enjoy when there’s nothing else on offer, but you’d never choose over more interesting flavours.

For the record, I absolutely bloody love ready salted crisps! They're my favourite crisps! So much flavour in that crispy potato! Artificial flavours just get in the way of that amazing taste! I'm very passionate about how underrated a flavour it is!

And I also rather like Elbow.

6 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

For both Elbow and Guy Garvey's solo set in recent years they have had forest dates on the other two days of the festival. 

Weller doing forest dates this year . I know he was there in 2015 . Any likelihood of him reappearing somewhere this year . No idea where just asking the question 

56 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

For the record, I absolutely bloody love ready salted crisps! They're my favourite crisps! So much flavour in that crispy potato! Artificial flavours just get in the way of that amazing taste! I'm very passionate about how underrated a flavour it is!

And I also rather like Elbow.

I stand by my crisp based slur.